Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That the guilty party is somewhere in that crowd!

It was sarcasm. But they are very convincing

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Setting up these kinds of bombs isn't hard, I think pretty much any person that has access to the internet could figure it out. The shocking thing is this kind of stuff doesn't happen way more often.
You act like making bombs is a hard thing. Shit, some 12 year old could figure it out if he went on the internet. These weren't even massive bombs like we see in other countries either, they were relatively small. I hate to think if these people actually had brains what they could create.
Im not talking about the bombs so much as getting into the marathon, making your way to the most popular spot of a 500,000 person event (the finish line), leave a big suspicious bag there in such a way that no one notices it for long enough to blow up. Then having someone else do exact same thing a block down the street to detonate 12 seconds later.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im not talking about the bombs so much as getting into the marathon, making your way to the most popular spot of a 500,000 person event (the finish line), leave a big suspicious bag there in such a way that no one notices it for long enough to blow up. Then having someone else do exact same thing a block down the street to detonate 12 seconds later.
I don't know man.. my friend walked right up to the finish line and took pictures and shit, wasn't that hard. As far as the timing, I don't know how crock pot bombs work to know what it takes to coordinate them

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sounds pretty easy tbh.

edit: I also like how you needlessly injected the size of the event but left out how they didn't detonate at the peak of the crowds.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well I don't think people understand how marathons work.

There isn't really a big 'peak' time to detonate. Especially a marathon as big as the Boston one. You don't have every single person lining up at the same time like in the movies.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Takes nothing to coordinate them at all.
No shit, every person on this board coordinates shit much more complex than dropping off a god damn backpack with another person on a daily basis. If the shit was complicated your mailmen and fedex style delivery men would be paid much a whole lot more.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No shit, every person on this board coordinates shit much more complex than dropping off a god damn backpack with another person on a daily basis. If the shit was complicated your mailmen and fedex style delivery men would be paid much a whole lot more.
Noodleface said he wasn't sure how hard coordination would be, I responded. Panties, get them out of a wad.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds pretty easy tbh.

edit: I also like how you needlessly injected the size of the event but left out how they didn't detonate at the peak of the crowds.
how is that needless?

the mention of the size of the event was meant to illustrate the scope of security that would be devoted to it.

as in the difference in security devoted to a 200 person event in bumfuck, MI vs. a half a million person event in boston at the finish line. in the photos, there's at least a dozen uniformed cops standing next to the finish line, and thats the just the cops that can be seen in photo, in uniform. and no one caught or saw anything at the time

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_21414.jpg

rrr_img_21415.jpg

jus a lil curious what could be in his backpack to make that outline.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Some radio stations are saying they have someone in custody already... some announcement is set to occur at 5:00est.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the AP is reporting that an "arrest is imminent" and others are reporting that they have someone in custody.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone doing this who was serious about getting caught would not have any identifiable printed shit in the pack with the bomb. The person they are looking for most likely has nothing but a water bottle in the side pockets. That outline does look suspicious, but could just as easily be something dumb like a jar of some shit stretching out the pocket compartment.