Boxing

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'd bet all the money in my pockets that he'd be unable to beat any noteworthy contender. What he's doing in the gym is impressive though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i love Mike, but you lying, the reason the fight is post poned is cuz the real draw got raided by the fbi

no seriously

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
soooo anyone got a good stream source for tonights fight?

It should be a great fight. Teofimo Lopez is a beast. He has amazing athleticism and explosive strength. His post fight antics are disagreeable imo, but the sheer burst he shows with the way he can hit that backflip is freakish. He is a good body puncher when he wants to be as well, he just hasnt really fought anyone of real merit.

Lomachenko on the other hand is in a class of his own. He is the beast slayer, he made 4 straight opponents quit on their stool during the fight, including Rigondaeux from Cuba who was undefeated and also one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time with over 400 victories. His lateral movement and quickness just confuses every opponent. It should be a explosive fight as I dont see Fimo quitting in his corner. He will have to get knocked out.

Jozu

Wtf? So the fight is on ESPN? No PPV? Thats strange, but fuck it! Pretty awesome I can finally watch a quality boxing match on cable for free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loma better pick up the pace, I have him losing convincingly into the 8th.

Edit: He is finally fighting, I think he has to stop him though, he waited way too long to start going.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loma better pick up the pace, I have him losing convincingly into the 8th.

Edit: He is finally fighting, I think he has to stop him though, he waited way too long to start going.

I could easily see this being a draw. Loma with Round 2, and 7-11, Lopez winning the 12th for a draw, though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Those early rounds for Lopez were all really close, Loma definitely did the better late work.

Really close fight though, I could see a draw. Loma should've turned it on earlier, he could've really tired Lopez. Lopez is really stout and talented though, strong kid.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly way I gave up on boxing - no way that fight is any worse than 7-5. Just absolutely horrific scores.

Lopez is large, but Loma really should've smothered him early.

Merrith

Exactly way I gave up on boxing - no way that fight is any worse than 7-5. Just absolutely horrific scores.

Lopez is large, but Loma really should've smothered him early.

This. I could understand if someone gave Lopez the first 6 rounds versus 5-1 (with Loma having the 2nd), but I'd have a hard time giving any round in the 2nd half of the fight to Lopez other than the 12th.

• 1Like

Jozu

Yea, there is no way anyone can make the case that Loma won that fight. Even as the champion, there is no way that he won that fight even if you think he kept Lopez at bay and came on late, he just didnt do enough. Plus he clearly lost the 12th round. If Loma would have convincingly won round 12 (like he did in 11) the fight might very well have ended up a draw. But Fimo had one of his best rounds in round 12, he won at LEAST 7 rounds;

Round 1, r2, r3, r5, r6 , r7 , r12.

There is no way you can say Loma won ANY of those rounds in any possible way. Lomachenko just didnt land enough fucking punches, look at the numbers.
Lomachenko landed punches in round 1: 1
Round 2: 5
Round 3: 2
Round 4: 5
Round 5: 5
Round 6: 7
Round 7: 6

After that he went on to land an average of 22 punches or so over the next 5 rounds. So if you just take those numbers alone, he lost the first 7 rounds and the fight is over. I gave him round 4 which is generous. No way Lomachenko won.

Merrith

Yea, there is no way anyone can make the case that Loma won that fight. Even as the champion, there is no way that he won that fight even if you think he kept Lopez at bay and came on late, he just didnt do enough. Plus he clearly lost the 12th round. If Loma would have convincingly won round 12 (like he did in 11) the fight might very well have ended up a draw. But Fimo had one of his best rounds in round 12, he won at LEAST 7 rounds;

Round 1, r2, r3, r5, r6 , r7 , r12.

There is no way you can say Loma won ANY of those rounds in any possible way. Lomachenko just didnt land enough fucking punches, look at the numbers.
Lomachenko landed punches in round 1: 1
Round 2: 5
Round 3: 2
Round 4: 5
Round 5: 5
Round 6: 7
Round 7: 6

After that he went on to land an average of 22 punches or so over the next 5 rounds. So if you just take those numbers alone, he lost the first 7 rounds and the fight is over. I gave him round 4 which is generous. No way Lomachenko won.

I don't think Loma won the fight either. I saw the case that he won Round 2, because honestly not much of note happened in that round at all, save for his one flurry. But I can even buy that as a stretch. 7-5 Lopez probably makes the most sense to me in hindsight, as you can give him the first 6 rounds, and he dominated the 12th. I think Loma pretty handily won rounds 8-11, and I gave him the 7th as well. 7-5 or 8-4 would be perfectly fine in my book. I agree if Loma came out and won the 12th, he would have had a ton of momentum over the 2nd half of the fight and a draw could have made sense then, but Lopez winning the 12th the way he did just makes it crazytown for anyone to suggest Loma actually won the fight. The 11-1 score is just so bonkers. Even 9-3 I think is a little nuts.

Jozu

Gotta give credit to Lopez as he clearly outboxed the best boxer on Earth. He is a power puncher, or you could say a boxer/puncher, yet he operated as a measured technician against the slipperiest opponent in the world. Think about it, the guy has entered the ring almost 400 times and lost only twice. So for Lopez to go in there, with EVERYTHING on the line, not even really that experienced himself, and beat Lomachenko at his own game is incredible.

Although, I will say, that version of Lomachenko was weird. He was so inactive it was borderline suspicious. He landed a total of 31 punches in 21 minutes. What the fuck? The guy was always a slow starter and plotted his route to victory on almost ever occasion, but last night was suspect. Look at how he dominated guys, making them quit on their stool. He was dishing out so much destructive damage guys wouldnt even want to finish fights. Making grown men quit. And then puts in a performance like this? I wouldnt be surprised if it came out he was sick, or injured, or something. Something had to be wrong. Lopez is good, but he isnt THAT good.

edit: That Berlanga kid is incredible. He is a future world champion no doubt about it. He has a perfect frame for super middleweight, has power, strength, speed and good mechanics/ring generalship. Really the whole package, 15-0 with 15 1st round KO's. His fights have lasted an avg of 95 seconds LOL. This kid is gonna be a star.

Last edited: