Brave Frontier

Rime

<Donor>
Brave Frontier
14 hours ago
Summoners, what specific units / squad do you bring along in Grand Gaia Chronicles ~ Lance? Do you agree that it's too easy using Michele, Zebra and Vargas?

Then, be a part on our Grand Gaia Wars discussion thread on this link ~Link!

Take on the Spearmaster of Vriksha Duchy, Lance challenge in our Vortex Gate NOW and get a unique Drevas Sphere!
Man, I am going to be irked if they nerf the future Grand Gaia dungeons by making them immune to critical hits. I really do not want to spend 5+ Gems on each dungeon.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Global Zebra has a much higher multiplier than Japan. I've heard various people say it's broken and also not broken. Who knows.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i gave the rare a go about 10 min ago... got 3* Alice
Ended up with a 4* Guardian Lira. Oh well. I guess that's 2 Lira's for my arena team.

Edit: Said fuck it and went again. Got 4* Anima Lunaris. I think that's a pretty strong dark team I could build now.

Have:
4* Logan (Oracle)
6* Lira (Breaker)
4* Lira (Guardian)
4* Shida (Breaker)
4* Lico (Breaker)
4* Lunaris (Anima)

My typings are pretty shit, but otherwise it's not bad. At the very least I think I could just use it as an arena team with Logan, Lico, 2x Lira, and Lunaris. And then Grahdens is something on my list to get at some point since he's free. Guess I'd drop Lico maybe.

Although, I really like my current arena team of Lilith, Lira, Vishra, Dean, and Eze (replaced by Elsel when I get the team cost). It dominates the fuck out of some bitches.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Just curious as to who purchased gems? I've not bought any yet and was curious as to how/why you purchased them? Has anyone ever seen any special deals? that button is always 'grayed' out.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Just curious as to who purchased gems? I've not bought any yet and was curious as to how/why you purchased them? Has anyone ever seen any special deals? that button is always 'grayed' out.
I spent $18 for 25 gems (I think) whenever that Uda/Luther batch released. I rolled 4 straight Kajahs and saved the last 5 gems for the next event. Normally I never spend money on IAP (2 years and counting on clash of clans), but for this game I figured I would throw the devs a bone.

I see special deals for Android users where you can get some "cash" back from Amazon by buying gems through their store during certain times. I have never seen any deals for iOS, which is what I use.

Rime

<Donor>
I dropped 30ish on it when Amazon had a 50% back and the game itself had a 10% back deal around the start of the summer.

I 'spend' $6 a month or so on it, I use quotation marks because I do the Bing search crap thing whenever I have to look something up at work, which earns me credits that can be exchanged for Amazon gift certificates. Usually make 2 and 1/3 of them a month. So with that $6 and the $10 from search stuff, I get the $16 pack.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had a $10 Google Play credit from the kitkat promotion. Spent it on Gems (that I used mostly for unit space and a roll).

Edit: On another note: whoever said to use grahdens for Miracle, nice tip. Made it through the entire dungeon with a "safety" team (elimo, rashil, elsel, dean, melchio + ally grahdens) and used two cures because I was lazy instead of blowing BB heals. I didn't realize how easy that would be.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That list puts 5 star Signas above 6 star Dean simply because Deans SBB is a heal/status cure only. Not sure if I agree with that. If Signas had his 6 star form out, I would easily understand it. I have Signas in reserves if I ever do change my mind about Dean though.

I originally had 20 bucks in gift cards that I got as a gift from the Gma during Christmas last year. They sat in my desk till about a month or so ago when I started playing this. Ive spent more money on top of that, but it was only 18 bucks. There really hasnt been much of a need to spend money lately. A gem a day, plus all the gems you get from just.. doing shit.. Hell, theres no point unless you're really really impatient. But in spending that money, I have the best Water Mono Team you can get for questing, and have at least 2 units in the top three tiers for the other elements. I also play this game a hell of a lot more often than I do other games lately - so honestly, I think spending 38 bucks altogether has been a much better return in fun than some of these 50-60 dollar games Ive bought recently. (If you're trying to justify it)

I dont think they'll continue a gem a day type of deal, but spending a summons worth of gems boosting your item limit and unit limit will vastly improve your quality of life. Hell, having some truly epic units on your team that just rape will make the game tremendously more enjoyable as well. You can play and have fun without spending money, but spending at least 20 bucks on the game is worth it I think.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm at level 82 right now and can only run three 6*s before running out of team cost. So I'm not quite at the point of min-maxing, but I'm definitely starting to see the limitations of tier lists (Brave Frontier Long Term Tier List).

According to that list, Leorone > Aem, which I don't think is necessarily true (see previous post).

It also rates Aisha as two tiers above Aem for her crit SBB. Her SBB is great, but I really like Aem's +BC drop rate SBB (similar to Felneus). The synergy between Aem's LS and SBB isn't as good as Felneus, but if you're spamming BBs, Aem will get you most of the way there.

Either way, I've got Uda waiting in the wings for when his 6* form is released.

edit: Also, why isDefiant God Luther"meta game defining"? Michele, Tesla, Felneus/Uda and Douglas I understand, but I guess I'm just not sold on spark teams. Especially if it takes 45 BCs to get his SBB charged. I guess Luther + Felneus/Uda friend would work for to keep his SBB going for extra spark damage... Dunno, Luther just doesn't seem that great to me
I think your perception problem in general is not realizing how BC drops scale with huge hit units. Once you have enough hit power going in your team, you will refill the SBB bars of every member every turn on groups of 2 or more units. At that point, having a +3BC leader skill like aem is a total waste of time. The comparison to felneus is telling - the 50% drop rate is going to get you an extra 30 or more crystals per person in a BB spam team, it's just not comparable to aem's skill in any way.

The list is going for ideal teams - Leorone is higher rated because Aem's LS is junk, and Felneus, Uda and Zelnite are a better source of BC drop buffs. If you have no BC drop buffer and have low hit count guys then Aem is still valuable as a team member, just not long term.

For your case, it's a non issue though, just run Uda as leader, even 5* he's a better leader than Aem.

Luther has huge attack, huge number of hits, great status effects, good hp, recovery and defense and a fantastic dps increase buff with his spark buff. It's metagame defining in that I will guarantee that every one of the top thousand frontier hunters will have at least one on their team after his 6* is out. It's actually a little bit vexing, because he is the same color as michele, so replacing douglas with him means you are locked out of rainbow BB, so previously useful friends like lodin, logan, lilith are suddenly worthless 8(.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or.... I've gotten zero super/great fuse's in the past two days, it's crazy annoying.

Does anyone have tips on how much of the totems, etc they keep in reserve, I'm quickly filling up and using gems to push the unit space. For instance I'm sitting on 6 light totems even though I don't have a light unit that can even use them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
3 totems/pots/idols. The rest can eat shit (as I'm selling them now).

Did a 2nd miracle run last night, and it wasn't as easy as the first (but was still easy). 1 more Thunder Pot and hello 6* Elsel.
Unless one of you assholes wants to shit on my parade and tell me to upgrade something else (as I only have enough zel for 1 6* evo).

Neph_sl

shitlord
I think your perception problem in general is not realizing how BC drops scale with huge hit units. Once you have enough hit power going in your team, you will refill the SBB bars of every member every turn on groups of 2 or more units. At that point, having a +3BC leader skill like aem is a total waste of time. The comparison to felneus is telling - the 50% drop rate is going to get you an extra 30 or more crystals per person in a BB spam team, it's just not comparable to aem's skill in any way.

The list is going for ideal teams - Leorone is higher rated because Aem's LS is junk, and Felneus, Uda and Zelnite are a better source of BC drop buffs. If you have no BC drop buffer and have low hit count guys then Aem is still valuable as a team member, just not long term.

For your case, it's a non issue though, just run Uda as leader, even 5* he's a better leader than Aem.

Luther has huge attack, huge number of hits, great status effects, good hp, recovery and defense and a fantastic dps increase buff with his spark buff. It's metagame defining in that I will guarantee that every one of the top thousand frontier hunters will have at least one on their team after his 6* is out. It's actually a little bit vexing, because he is the same color as michele, so replacing douglas with him means you are locked out of rainbow BB, so previously useful friends like lodin, logan, lilith are suddenly worthless 8(.
My current PvE team is:

Leorone (lead) - 6 hits normally, SBB is 10 hits, but not unlocked yet
Heaven's Bow Loch - 7 hits normally, BB is 6 hits
Gravion - 7 hits normally, BB is 10 hits
Genius Elimo - 5 hits
Fire Dance Ramna - 6 hits normally, 9 hits on all

So yeah, I don't have any of the crazy hit units and maybe that's where I'm struggling with a Leorone lead. I'll use friends with Michele often and get a heck of a lot more sparks. But the majority of the time, the team just feels weak.

Also, I'm hesitant to use Uda as lead since I have Loch in the thunder spot. I mean, having two thunder units in my team only means that I can't use Lodin friends, so it's not a huge deal.

However, I'm not struggling with any of the PvE content I'm running so far (last dungeon of Palmyna), just trying to optimize what I have. (I am running 3 units that have +def BBs, which bothers the crap out of me).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My current PvE team is:

Genius Elimo - 5 hits

So yeah, I don't have any of the crazy hit units and maybe that's where I'm struggling with a Leorone lead. I'll use friends with Michele often and get a heck of a lot more sparks. But the majority of the time, the team just feels weak.

Also, I'm hesitant to use Uda as lead since I have Loch in the thunder spot. I mean, having two thunder units in my team only means that I can't use Lodin friends, so it's not a huge deal.

However, I'm not struggling with any of the PvE content I'm running so far (last dungeon of Palmyna), just trying to optimize what I have. (I am running 3 units that have +def BBs, which bothers the crap out of me).
Do you mean the Worlds Content? Or all of PVE? Cause I struggle with some Vortex content and the trials. :/ Im jelly if you're straight.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Do you mean the Worlds Content? Or all of PVE? Cause I struggle with some Vortex content and the trials. :/ Im jelly if you're straight.
Yeah, world content. I don't have the units to do the vortex events like Vargas/Lance. Well, I have fire units for Lance, but they're not leveled.

I've spent maybe $40 on this game for gems, and have been playing for 60+ days.

Anyways, the Leorone thing was just an experiment. I'll probably try running Uda as lead next.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My current PvE team is:

Genius Elimo - 5 hits

Yeah, can't do a spark/spam team like that - leorone's BB has 0 hits, as does elimos, so you are relying on the other 3 for all your hits, and gravion has double anyone else's SBB cost, so that makes it even harder. Unlocking Leo's SBB would help a bit there but I can see why you weren't that impressed with Leo's leader skill in that setup.