Breaking Bad

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You think it makes more sense to save Jesse than it does to get revenge on the people that stole $70M and killed your brother in law? When Jesse himself is the catalyst that put all of those events in motion?

I'm not saying that Walt wont see Jesse, take pity on him and let him live. I'm just saying that Jesse being Walt's motivation for coming back is pants-on-head retarded.
I do actually, now that he lost every thing why does any of that matter Jesse is family and stuff yo.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How so? You really watched the scene with Mike dying and thought "Look at Walt expressing remorse and apologizing to Mike?" Come on.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just saying that Jesse being Walt's motivation for coming back is pants-on-head retarded.
It doesn't have to be his ONLY motivation.

And why are you people so wildly against the idea pretending like he's coming back the day after condemning him to torture and death. Fuck, within a day of that Walt has lost everyone he loves. You don't think 9 months to look at the stark reality of what you have become and what you've helped happen all while looking at a death sentence that you can feel getting worse might change someone a teensy little bit? He's had a huge soft spot for that emo junkie for 2 years, he went all the way to wanting him dead for what, 2 days? And it's retarded to think that he might not maybe regret the decision to sentence someone he cared for to torture and death with MONTHS of time alone to think about it? Especially when he finds out the kid is still alive and living in hell rather than just killed within a day or two like you expected?

Yeah, that's ridiculous. It's so much more likely that he's just decided he's Rambo now and is there for revenge. 9 months later. It's not like they've given these characters any depth, surely Walter White has not changed as a character at all and thus we should think he never will. Right? He started the show as an evil meth kingpin right?

He's coming to save his fake son. You guys are gonna feel like assholes.

Or I'm way the fuck off base and will look like a total fuckwit. It would not be the first time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How so? You really watched the scene with Mike dying and thought "Look at Walt expressing remorse and apologizing to Mike?" Come on.
He was remorseful for both things.

The truth is that he couldn't have killed off the guys in the prison and not been looking over his shoulder for Mike the whole time.

spronk

FPS noob
who else was sad about gomie, poor guy didn't even get a line

mtilDiu.png

f3a39.JPG

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It doesn't have to be his ONLY motivation.

And why are you people so wildly against the idea pretending like he's coming back the day after condemning him to torture and death. Fuck, within a day of that Walt has lost everyone he loves. You don't think 9 months to look at the stark reality of what you have become and what you've helped happen all while looking at a death sentence that you can feel getting worse might change someone a teensy little bit? He's had a huge soft spot for that emo junkie for 2 years, he went all the way to wanting him dead for what, 2 days? And it's retarded to think that he might not maybe regret the decision to sentence someone he cared for to torture and death with MONTHS of time alone to think about it? Especially when he finds out the kid is still alive and living in hell rather than just killed within a day or two like you expected?

Yeah, that's ridiculous. It's so much more likely that he's just decided he's Rambo now and is there for revenge. 9 months later. It's not like they've given these characters any depth, surely Walter White has not changed as a character at all and thus we should think he never will. Right? He started the show as an evil meth kingpin right?

He's coming to save his fake son. You guys are gonna feel like assholes.

Or I'm way the fuck off base and will look like a total fuckwit. It would not be the first time.
Walt was adamant that Jesse wasn't a rat. The fact that Jesse was betraying him and turning him to the DEA while at the same time being directly responsible for Hank's death makes me think that's just not happening. Him telling Jesse he could have saved Jane, but didn't, as well as telling the Nazis he was under the car and to kill him is pretty much the point of no return.

I could see him trying to go Scarface on them, and then finding Jesse in the basement and doing a Pulp Fiction Bruce Willis/Ving Rhames deal with him. But him just changing his mind kind of shits all over the best episode of the season so far, this isn't Mass Effect

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I hope Walt does find out that they've captured Jesse and comes back to save him. Show has shown (lol) us time and time again that Walt cares for Jesse very much. I was shocked that he actually gave up Jesse. But, I'm hoping for a shot to those nazis.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
walt would have died to save jesse. jesse was family to him. but after he got hank involved and ultimately got him killed. it nulled any family status he retained. at this point (the episode that just aired) walt thinks of jesse as just another thug that meddled in his affairs and needs to die. that may change from now til when walt comes back to clean house, but i dont think so. if he has a change of heart its when he discovers the methmaking Saw contraption they got him rigged up in or the dungeon they have him locked in and do a quick change of heart.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But him just changing his mind kind of shits all over the best episode of the season so far, this isn't Mass Effect
How? Is he supposed to be the exact same person with 9 months of reflection that he was for 5 minutes after a horrible shock? If he decides that Jesse being tortured for the better part of a year is enough punishment that would negate the episode? Or if he feels guilt over being responsible for that?

I don't know how so many seemingly smart people watch a show like this for 5 seasons and still see everything in the show as black and white. "Walt was super cold right after Jesse sort of got Hank killed, he will stay exactly that way FOR-EV-ER. I see no possibility that he could change in any way in the intervening 9 months. I mean, except that I am for some reason convinced that he will suddenly decide he's Sly Stallone in Cobra. Because that makes a lot more sense in this show..."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wonder what lydia is going to say when her next meth shipment has gone from 70% piss yellow meth to 96% heisenberg blue meth? is she goimng to think meth damon became a meth prodigy overnight or is she going to think walt has gone back to cooking? maybe she visits the car wash again to ask skyler who tells her to fuck off and then calls saul asking if her husband is making meth again? i am also thinking lydia is going to get her ass capped too, maybe by skyler herself.

Renault

N00b
So was anyone else annoyed how Skylar instantly folded when Marie showed up and claimed Hank had arrested Walt?

She and Walt just created this very elaborate blackmail DVD and seem to be safe from Hank taking official action against Walt. Then Marie just waltzes in claiming Hank arrested Walt with a vague reference to a former accomplice, demands not only the blackmail DVD's, but also that Skylar tell Walt Jr about the family business and she just gives up. I don't think I would find it so irritating if she hadn't shut down Hank so decisively when he was trying to get her to work against Walt but now she's suddenly too stupid to either just stay quiet or call Saul.

I understand why it went down that way for story reasons but it really feels like they frequently throw Skylar under the bus when it comes to arbitrary actions in order to move the story in a certain way

iannis

Musty Nester
That's what Skylar is for man. She could be named "The Ring" or "The Force" or "P. Lote DeVice" and the story wouldn't change much.

The series would be so much better if, in light of that hard truth, they didn't devote 1/3 of their total runtime to pretending Skylar is actually a character. Much less an examined character. It's not Gunn's fault that Skylar is insultingly bad, and Walt Jr is a cheap cynical dig.

Breaking Bad is not without its flaws.

Phaint_sl

shitlord
I hope Walt does find out that they've captured Jesse and comes back to save him. Show has shown (lol) us time and time again that Walt cares for Jesse very much. I was shocked that he actually gave up Jesse. But, I'm hoping for a shot to those nazis.
From what I can put together that is probably what is going to happen...

Around a year later he gets a sample of the blue meth that has been going around and analyzes it and notices its around 96% pure, which is impossible for todd to achieve and knows it can only be Jesse meaning the nazis have him captive since he would never just work for them. During the year in hiding I'm sure he has had a lot of time to reflect on his actions and knows that he brought everything upon himself and forgives Jesse so he figures he will rescue him since he owes him that much at least. We've seen him buy a machine gun and grab the ricin so you know hes going to war with someone, which can only be the nazis, and he's probably going to take the ricin himself just in case he gets captured by the nazis during the attempt, which since he hasn't had any chemo he is probably just got a couple months left if that so he figures screw it...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah tortured Jesse with one eye complete swollen shut and limping around and who hasn't cooked in at least a year is going to make 96% meth his first attempt .....

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm standing by the Nazis going after Skyler and family and that bringing Walt back. There obviously has to be some Walt/Jesse confrontation (and I really have no idea which way it'll go) before the show ends, but I think that'll be collateral to him continuing to try and protect his family.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Walt is definitely coming back to rescue Jesse. That may not be the original reason behind it, but that's how it's going to end. This episode was absolute rock bottom for Walt as a villain. The last two are going to be about him coming to terms with what he's done and finding some sort of modest redemption.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Redemption???? There is no redemption for Walt at this point, just a matter of how he finally goes out.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's probably a decent chance Jesse kills Walt after Walt saves him.

I know I feel bad after I say something mean to somebody, even if they deserved it. I can't imagine the kind of feelings Walt will be experiencing after telling Jesse what he did (or didn't do) in order to try hurt him (as Jesse hurt Walt by betraying his trust). He's definitely going to be guilt stricken after ~9 months of living with doing that to someone he cares about and will want to make amends once he finds out Jesse's still alive. Jesse will probably have exactly the opposite feelings.