Bruce Willis retires

Szlia

Look at it this way : during filming, it's a lot easier to replace the director than it is to replace the main actor. Also, for every story of an actor being a pain to work with, you find one of a director being a tyrant on set.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
to follow up / close out on the Kevin Smith clips, here is a heart warming follow up that Kevin Smith talked about just 2 weeks ago after learning about the news

Poor Kevin Smith, cries so much these days; his near death experience (and the weight loss, I guess, but he really looked death in the eye that night with the heart attack/artery blockage) really changed him.

There were rumors going way back about Bruce Willis being a douche canoe but he was so personable on screen people didn't believe it. Kevin also has stories about Bruce being great to him while being an asshole to the studio people; It just so happened on Cop Out, Kevin was the authority Bruce was rebelling against. You never know what someone has going on, though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That sucks, Robin Williams had a similar thing going. I wonder if he will still play in his band...

spronk

FPS noob

While shooting Midnight in the Switchgrass in September 2020, the action superstar from the Die Hard franchise, now 67, couldn't kick open a door — take after take. Willis, who had his lines fed to him via an earpiece because he could no longer remember them — was being coached through the scene by the voice on the other end. A stunt coordinator also tried to guide him. However, Willis didn't seem to understand, seven crew members who were present claimed to the outlet.

Emmett, who was directing for the first time, also tried to mimic for Willis what he needed to do for the scene. When that also failed, Emmett left the set in frustration, eyewitnesses claimed, and Willis stood there.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked the crew.

Emmett — who's accused in the piece of offering actresses work in exchange for sex, among other things (he denied the allegations) — reportedly called his then-fiancée, reality star Lala Kent, and cried: "It’s just so sad. Bruce can’t remember any of his lines. He doesn’t know where he is."

:(

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So where was Bruce's family in all this? Just sitting there waiting to cash the checks?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Charles Bronson's corpse held up by marionette strings probably would have given a better performance.

I think Last Man Standing is my favorite Bruce Willis movie. Still in his prime in the mid 90s and a remake of one the best movies of all time.
western clint eastwood GIF

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It's like Bruce Willis and Joe Biden are being treated in exactly the same way - exploitation.
I choose to believe he did it for them.

He knew he'd be worthless in short order, so he jammed as many paychecks into as brief a time as he can so his dumb kids can keep themselves in fashion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So where was Bruce's family in all this? Just sitting there waiting to cash the checks?

People with dementia are allowed to exist. I don't see this as elder abuse at all

I know if I get to that point, I'd rather be contributing something than sitting around at home all day forgetting everyone's names and having people change my diapers

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I choose to believe he did it for them.

He knew he'd be worthless in short order, so he jammed as many paychecks into as brief a time as he can so his dumb kids can keep themselves in fashion.

Alright, I'm going to make as much money as I can for you guys with the time I have left. Just wring it all out of me. If my brains goes and people are still writing checks you keep hiring me out.

I could buy that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
There are so few heroes in Hollywood.

Bruce once held a sign up saying he hates American Inventors in Harlem. HARLEM.

I can't let this hero go.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Guess again.

tN7kYPjRhDolpui9sc9Eq9n5b2O.jpg
No shit Sherlock, but it was definitely a remake of A Fist Full of Dollars more than it was Yojimbo. Next tell me about how Starwars is the remake of the Hidden Fortress, I'm sure that will blow my mind.

They're all great movies, but Kurosawa ain't gonna fuck ya.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Finally. When is 5th Element going to be released where Corbin Dallas and Leelou Dallas are both played by Bruce Willis?
i wonder what version of Bruce Willis he sold them? balding Bruce Willis from the 80s, almost bald Bruce Willis from the 90s or washed up BALD Bruce Willis from the 2000s-2020s?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users