Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Jive Turkey

Karen
I saw this. =-/..one of the only countries on that region where homosexuality is not illegal. And rather than support the gays there, they fucking protested it. It is amazing. Like literally a few hundred miles from the borders of Israel homosexuals are being killed by state actors in an unapologetic cleansing of gays, openly, brazenly--even fucking proudly. Yet the protest was about how Israel isn't nice toward those same countries.

The hypocrisy of the stance is incredible.
Would be a bit like jews protesting in support of nazis. The stupidity makes my brain hurt

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Alberta, Canada's Progressive New Government Bans the Words "Mother" and "Father" in Schools

http://iwf.org/blog/2799131/Alberta,...her-in-Schools

It used to be: "Heather has two mommies."

Now, it's: "Heather has two non-gendered and inclusive caregivers."

That's the language the New Democratic Party government in Alberta, Canada, is telling teachers and school administrators to use when adressing the adults with whom students are living. Out: "mother" and "father." In: "parent," "caregiver," "partner," whatever.

And God help you if refer to one of the little rascals as "him" or "her."

Here's the pertinent language from the rainbow-adorned "Guidelines for Best Practices" that the highminded-progressive NDP government issued last week:

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Hence, soon after Parliament resumes work today, he intends to table a private member's bill that would alter two words,changing the second line of the anthem from true patriot love "in all thy sons command" to "in all of us command."
I'm fine with that.

It's not even like they're changing the spirit of the song:
Belanger has noted that his proposed change would actually return the lyrics closer to one of the versions most widely used in the early 1900s: "True patriot love thou dost in us command." That line was changed to "in all thy sons command" at the time of the First World War, presumably to honour men in the armed forces, according to The Canadian Encyclopedia.
You're becoming quite the worry-wort, Bisi. Have you startedthe change?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I like the anthem change. That word 'thy' in there is old-timey and lame. The proposed changes communicate the spirit of the message more effectively too.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Exactly. Some people just lookin' to be offended I guess. Triggered by words like "gender neutral" or what have you.

Besides, when I sing the national anthem every morning, nobody can force me to use certain words. I sing it how it's writtenin my heart.

tumblr_lzotheh2mX1rpb2beo1_500.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba's personal anthem includes verses about fake moon landings and living with black families for a few months.

I'm sorry I don't want to sing your people's anthem, Tanoomba.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tanoomba's personal anthem includes verses about fake moon landings and living with black families for a few months.

I'm sorry I don't want to sing your people's anthem, Tanoomba.
That's the whole point, Beese, you don't have to!

When I sing:
"With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
Moon landings we don't fake"

You can sing whatever you want!

When I sing:
"Black families, we're living with,
We stand on guard for thee."

You just sing what feels right for you. That's what makes Canada Canada.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure the many proud Canadians that fought and died for your country would appreciate that not only are you okay with changing the anthem as you see fit but that you teach the next generation.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It all makes sense when this is your hero

MUH GENDERS! MUH PRONOUNS! CHANGE ANTHEM NAO!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Canada is fine
The Moon landing did happen
Tanoomba is a tard

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm sure the many proud Canadians that fought and died for your country would appreciate that not only are you okay with changing the anthem as you see fit but that you teach the next generation.
Indeed, they are men of honour.

I wonder what those men of honour, who died so our lives could be the happiest they could, would think about an inconsequential change to a song that will make some people's lives just a little bit better, and would negatively impact literally nobody.

hmmmm