Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Finally leveled up the FAL, holy shit it is OP with burst. I'm lovin it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AX-50 had less range potential than HDR so for funsies god-shots 300m+ you needed the HDR. I had several fun clips of me shooting people lying down under 150m with the AX-50 in the head and not killing them. Something was fucky with it. The HDR was lower damage, slower fire rate for higher accuracy at a distance. I'd occasionally have to grab a sniper off a Grauboi and it was almost always an AX-50. I hated it. And I wasn't unacustomed to it, I ran AX-50 for the first two seasons. Just found the HDR more accurate overall. In closer to mid though the AX-50 definitely secured knocks easier if it didn't bug out.

Yeah the HDR is definitely more point and click, but you can still hit long shots with the AX50, you just have to learn the bullet drop. Again, once you have it leveled the mono and long barrel drastically help with all that. They absolutely play differently but any idea you can't hit long snipes with the AX are just wrong. If I was just taking a single shot, yes I'd want the HDR. In bigger fights when you want to get a 2nd and 3rd shot off potentially, the AX is going to get them off faster. Also the scope for the AX is just far better, not complete tunnel vision like HDR one (default reticle, too).

I can't really find a use for the new sniper, maybe someone will come up with some meta build for it but for WZ seems pretty crappy. Pretty much have to build it hard to control recoil or the fire rate is worthless on it.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The explosive rounds on the new sniper are pretty funny but yeah the recoil is absurd and I've heard the long range on it isnt very good. Maybe a good close range quickscope explosive sniper but the recoil yikes.

I like the FAL but sometimes in a close combat I find it fires too slow and rather have my bruen LMG :p

Been seeing a lot of hackers though, never ran into that many prior to latest patch

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The explosive rounds on the new sniper are pretty funny but yeah the recoil is absurd and I've heard the long range on it isnt very good. Maybe a good close range quickscope explosive sniper but the recoil yikes.

I like the FAL but sometimes in a close combat I find it fires too slow and rather have my bruen LMG :p

Been seeing a lot of hackers though, never ran into that many prior to latest patch

I feel like something changed on the weekend. I'm not necessarily sure if hackers, but definitely a lot of deaths where i'm just getting destroyed. Though streamers are also noticing it and while they don't think it's necessarily hackers (I don't fully believe so either), I guess they implemented some sort of skill based matchmaking? I don't think that is a good idea in BR, latency should be priority, and a grab bag of skill IMO is better than some MMR related situation when BR's can be very random in nature and just a bad streak or good streak can skew your stats too much in one way or another.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, I've been noticing that in the past I would get <25/50ms matches, now it seems to hover around the 90/100 range frequently

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah theres been a few times where it couldnt find a game and i had to requeue.. i saw a tiktok video of a guy killing a whole squad through a rock though. cant comment much on skill based queueing ill have to play some more games.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They've had MMR the whole time. That's why some french guys all made day 1 fresh accounts to get the squad kill record*. All the other pros called bullshit because they were farming true noobs.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

I just hate how it'll go from my group of friends we can casually put up 10-20 kills total, get a win here or there...to just super sweaty lobbies where we're just getting destroyed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It sucks. New season started and we dropped 30-something kills in the first game. Ever since it's try-hards and fucking sucks.

We're always in games with pros. Considering we're all a bunch of middle aged men, it's kind of bullshit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Problem with this is the classic BR. There are people who are good or above average and when the player pop dips (like CoD has recently) only two people are playing it still. The people trying it out for the first time and those forementioned people. It's like PUBG/Realm Royale/Apex. You either run into potatos or sweatters. There's very few inbetween. The nature of the game. The best thing to happen is big patches with content and fun changes that bring back the normie types who aren't bad but aren't uber meta dickfucks.

I'd be playing personally but GoD launched on Mangler and Path of Exile Harvest is pretty fun right now. As soon as my crew fixes their sleep schedule I definitely want to dip into the post-Grau era CoD BR.

Merrith

Problem with this is the classic BR. There are people who are good or above average and when the player pop dips (like CoD has recently) only two people are playing it still. The people trying it out for the first time and those forementioned people. It's like PUBG/Realm Royale/Apex. You either run into potatos or sweatters. There's very few inbetween. The nature of the game. The best thing to happen is big patches with content and fun changes that bring back the normie types who aren't bad but aren't uber meta dickfucks.

I'd be playing personally but GoD launched on Mangler and Path of Exile Harvest is pretty fun right now. As soon as my crew fixes their sleep schedule I definitely want to dip into the post-Grau era CoD BR.

It's not so much "post-Grau", though. Still see plenty of people using Grau/MP5 and it can still be a laser. Think the only nerf that actually had any teeth was that it's not as effective at it's extreme long ranges like it used to be.

spronk

FPS noob
shipments gone (boo) but an afk trick for battle pass is back, just leave your system (ps4 for me) running mosh pit overnight with a controller plugged in and it'll get tier levels slowly. Not much, like 10 tiers in 8 hours but since i don't really play the game anymore its a pretty easy way to get 1000 cod points over a few nights.

since you never choose a weapon or spawn in your KD is unaffected too

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finally played last night. Grau seemes to be in a better place. Couldn't murder anyone I saw from anywhere with it. The pros probably can, but Dayjob Dannie's can't and I'm fine with that. Had a couple people just literally retard run and jump hipfire spray me to death on controller while I was full ADS into their body the entire time. Feels COD.

Cybsled

I’m so sick of gulags where guy jumps from around a corner, hipfires mid air, and deletes you.

Apparently there are console hacks out there that account for recoil and boost auto assist even more, so it isn’t just PC hackers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm tired of fucking snipers in gulag. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired from the team.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

I'm tired of fucking snipers in gulag. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired from the team.

If they didn't have sniper scopes, I'd be okay with it. Throw a 3x on there, no problem.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I love getting crossbow in Gulag (it counts as a sniper rifle), but its pretty rare

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Any time that I get a sniper, I just zig zag until I find the dude and beat the shit out of him with it. Way more effective in my testing than trying to shoot it and win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users