Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I was having fun with invasion, but honestly it has just devolved into nothing but campers and sniping.

Sad really.

And how many maps are there in this fucking game? 4? It blows my mind how a game that came out in 2008 had more maps and features.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Cross play with PC players on Xbox sucks. Just saw my first cheater. Dude went on a 45 kill streak or some shit it was ridiculous.

Why the fuck isn’t there a way to keep cross play with PS5 and disable PC. And if I do it at the system level it breaks invasion so can’t play it.
I was bitching about this last night too. Every game three or four mouse/kb players on the other team. Anyone remember when this shit was implemented how they promised they wouldn’t match controllers with PC players….. so much for that.

In this age of total propaganda I don’t even believe their sales figures. Supposedly most popular game ever, but if I turn off cross play I can’t find a single game on PS5? I mean really there’s not even a handful of people out there?

Crossplay is a great way to hide low player count that’s for sure.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, game was coming in hot. There are a laundry list of things that have zero excuse for not being in at launch (especially when you realize this is the flagship COD for the next 2 years). The gunplay is great, a few of the modes/maps are awesome but where's the carrot to keep playing? I damn near have platinum AR unlocks but don't care at all about logging on to finish them. We'll see what comes in S1, but 3 week lag between launch and S1 where a ton of features seem to be hiding behind is fucking retarded. If S1 does launch and lot of the QOL stuff, carrots, UI etc don't get fixed then I don't know what the fuck IW is doing with their multi billion dollar franchise.

Also, been said ad nauseum but this UI is an actual disgrace - its the worst gaming UI I've ever seen.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
It feels like a $70 beta right now. I am getting to know the maps really well, but man I’d really like some variety in the maps. Hopefully season 1 has at least a few more. Anyone else not getting Taraq much? I really like it, but don’t seem to get it at all. My buddy that I play with on the PS4 is level 30 and we still haven’t gotten that map together… he likes to camp (tactically hold down a single objective, as he calls it), and I’ve been waiting to show him some spots there, but we never get it.

Last edited:
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and Riot Shield is fucking GAAAAAAAAAY as fuck. Holy shit I logged off last night triggered as fuck after not killing a riot shield gimp with EITHER Moltovs or Drill Charges. I know I'm an old chunk of coal but fucking hell its annoying.

• 2Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Oh, and Riot Shield is fucking GAAAAAAAAAY as fuck. Holy shit I logged off last night triggered as fuck after not killing a riot shield gimp with EITHER Moltovs or Drill Charges. I know I'm an old chunk of coal but fucking hell its annoying.
There's an exploit where if you use the riot shield with a certain pistol or something you're invincible. I've already encountered it twice and just leave game when someone is cheesing it.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What I saw on Reddit was that you get the Riot shield on and have a VTOL or Chopper Gunner target you, it'll block the shots infinitely and somehow eventually make you invulnerable. Haven't tried it, don't care to, but also haven't run into any "invulnerable shield guys," either. I've got around 50 hours in and haven't run into a single cheater that I know of.

In MW 2019 I actually liked using the riot shield to occupy a VTOL. Just find a corner of the map and put yourself in it with the shield on, it'll eventually lock on ya and just stay there until it times out. Easier to just shoot it down, I suppose. I almost always carry a launcher (hate being on UAV and prefer other perks most of the time). Maps like Rust and Shipment, though, you don't really have time to whip out the launcher, and that's when a shield came in handy to occupy the VTOL.

Been working on my AR's. I've got 5/8 gold. Going to get those to platinum before moving on to a different gun type. Been strictly playing Domination - may move over to invasion to do these last three, I hear it's much quicker there. I'll definitely be doing Invasion for the longshots to unlock platinum though. Never been a fan of AKs, going back even to Counter-Strike, but after playing with the two Kastov's I actually like them quite a bit in this game. Someone here recommeded the M16 early on, and I was happy to hear that it was back and effective. My first few matches with it were incredibly painful, but once I got the hang of it, it truly is a good weapon. I think I prefer the FTAC Recon though, that thing is bad ass.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here is one more nitpick. Whose idiotic idea was it to have challenges not based on your level? “Injure 5 players with tear gas”. I’m level 21. I don’t even have the fucking tear gas unlocked. Suck my ass.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I believe everything is available somewhere in a default load out. Sucks, but is what it is.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ground War maps are below average to outright terrible.

Also now seen someone glitched into terrain and able to shoot out of it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

thats over 11m copies sold in 3 days, the digital breakdown is likely to be in the 70-80% range too

• 1Barf

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

thats over 11m copies sold in 3 days, the digital breakdown is likely to be in the 70-80% range too
Funny that MW3 held the title.

If the sales are true it is driven by peer nostalgia for MW2 and MW3. This game is a far inferior product compared to both of those games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe they'll use some of that money to fix the fucking game.

Jokes. I've got them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The one good thing is that the core gunplay is phenomenal. The difference between guns and the variety and feel is the best its ever been. Everything else can be fixed.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
7C8ACA57-7116-4D75-8EAC-2EB21D5B4EC7.jpg

still enjoying playing a few hours a week, I'm "only" level 47 (cap is 55, then I assume prestige) but will probably grind out season 1 battle pass at least. Leveling the weapons is kinda insane, I swap weapons every time I cap one out and I'm not even close to maxxing out all of them.

• 1Like