Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Honestly I dont mind the neutered perks.

Perks are not what makes the game interesting or fun. It does add a element to the gameplay that can help you achieve certain playstyles more effectively, or counter certain builds depending on the game. Some of the perk combos were just a little too stronk in MW1, and they tried to address it. Mainly Hardline, and scavenger.

As far as gunsmith, they have a shit ton of unlocks? I dont see what is bad about it. Honestly a more prudent argument is the lack of guns. They have a decent amount, and have many AR's which is nice, but I thought they could have had more. And is it really too expensive for one of the biggest game developers/producers on Earth to get real gun licenses?
You’re kind of making my case on the gunsmith. Do you really think every attachment is finely crafted to be part of a balanced overall game, or are they just quickly made by an intern to fill up the gunsmith options and make you feel like you’re getting something.

I’d wager 99% of people got more excitement unlocking extended mags in the original MW2 than any attachment in this game despite there being 100x more options. Strange how that works huh?

Saying perks aren’t what makes part of the game interesting is like saying kill streaks aren’t interesting. Sounds a lot more like battlefield than CoD at that point. Perks are a core differentiator for CoD games.

I do agree about the amount of real/Relatable guns. It’s almost like the core team that originally made these games cared more just like WoW or any other game. We really need a crop of new studios that don’t sell out.

EDIT
I think the best point I can make is that it is well known they decided not to release MW2 Multiplayer remaster because they knew it would overshadow MW2019 and future developments.... If these new games were funner/better why would that ever be the case?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
EDIT
I think the best point I can make is that it is well known they decided not to release MW2 Multiplayer remaster because they knew it would overshadow MW2019 and future developments.... If these new games were funner/better why would that ever be the case?

While I've enjoyed this so far, that is the exact reason they did not remaster the original MW2 - it's a far, far superior game. Really wish they would've.

Last edited:

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not promoting exploits but This one is funny, when you actually hear what needs to be done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i paid for a friends lunch in Amsterdam and he sent me the COD code that prints out on the receipt, burger king europe and australia only for now. They don't even call it Burger King in australia, they got a whole nother name for it

i will be slaying as the Burgermeister

unknown.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What FOV do you ultrawide guys play on? I was at 100 and worked my way down to 80 or 85. This game has a surprising amount of larger than normal maps, and I can barely fucking make out enemies.

Also, I feel like the screen is constantly shaking and shit so moving through rooms is not exactly smooth.

Also, the aim assist for controllers sucks. Constantly watching replays where the assist is dragging cursors almost directly on upper bodies; If you don't spot them first, zero way you're killing a controller user with that aim.

faille

Molten Core Raider
i paid for a friends lunch in Amsterdam and he sent me the COD code that prints out on the receipt, burger king europe and australia only for now. They don't even call it Burger King in australia, they got a whole nother name for it

i will be slaying as the Burgermeister

unknown.png
the burgers are better at Hungry Jacks!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Still having a good time here, but as I near 55 (need a few more hours to cap), unlocked almost all weapons (all weapons I care about) and got my favorite guns gold gunned I'm kind of running out of steam. There is zero excuse for not having a barracks at launch. Also desperately needs operator skin unlocks etc as well to give you the carrot to keep grinding. I think they spaced this too far out by at least week (mulitplayer launch and actual season 1 launch).

Overall, will ding 55 and kind of chill out a bit before jumping back in season 1. One other note, 3rd person moshpit is actually awesome for schlubs like me leveling weapons. It's a weird mode at first, but kind of has it's own thing going on and is really fun to me for some reason.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
What FOV do you ultrawide guys play on? I was at 100 and worked my way down to 80 or 85. This game has a surprising amount of larger than normal maps, and I can barely fucking make out enemies.

Also, I feel like the screen is constantly shaking and shit so moving through rooms is not exactly smooth.

Also, the aim assist for controllers sucks. Constantly watching replays where the assist is dragging cursors almost directly on upper bodies; If you don't spot them first, zero way you're killing a controller user with that aim.

i was under the impression controller players don't match make against kbm in quick play at least (dunno about invasion), you see the little icons on the loading screens and while I've matchmade against pc players - PSN logo, xbox box, or tower (PC) - it also shows the input next to it and its always shown all players in the lobby using controller. You can't "switch" between inputs in a game, if you are on controller kbm does nothing and vica versa. There are some people that go to crazy extremes with kronus max etc to fake a controller with kbm to get some aim assist i guess.

You can fiddle with settings I believe and turn on/off cross play stuff too, although they may have it disabled the first week or two.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
i was under the impression controller players don't match make against kbm in quick play at least (dunno about invasion), you see the little icons on the loading screens and while I've matchmade against pc players - PSN logo, xbox box, or tower (PC) - it also shows the input next to it and its always shown all players in the lobby using controller. You can't "switch" between inputs in a game, if you are on controller kbm does nothing and vica versa. There are some people that go to crazy extremes with kronus max etc to fake a controller with kbm to get some aim assist i guess.

You can fiddle with settings I believe and turn on/off cross play stuff too, although they may have it disabled the first week or two.

M+K absolutely gets matched against controllers. Most lobbies are predominantly controllers.

• 1Picard
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
In the lobby screen you can see all the different platforms people in your game are playing on (PS5, SX1, Bnet). It's been mostly console players in CoD games since the dawn of time. The good news is aim assist doesn't help headshots. The bad news is snipers in this game don't need headshots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is aim assist why people use the controller? Dr disrespect popped up and I got curious why he is not using m&k.

I fail horribly in Forbidden West using a controller.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having fun, but there are moments like these that are truly enraging. That and motherfuckers who spend the entire game on the roof sniping. Fuck off.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The irony is that it's one of my favorite maps for ground war, as it lacks a lot of the multi-story building camp spots. But yah, on regular playlist modes it can go to hell as one of the worst maps ever made.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also, how do you fucking text chat in this game?

You have to go through like 3 menus. Open the quick settings, then go to party/channels, click on your lobby, then there's a text option. Haven't found a direct keybind.

• 1Like