Camelot Unchained

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Game was great fun until you got out of the first PVP bracket.

Became fun again in that zone with all the bridges over lava, but only if you have a punt :D

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First 10 levels of Warhammer was some of the best mmo PvP / RvR ever done imo. Fucking glorious.
Jumping in to the game for the first time and immediately queueing up for a dwarf vs orc battlefield was just so damn cool. And the low level rvr was endlessly entertaining.

WarHammer was pretty good at later levels too, and it was one of my favorite mmos of all time. Played that game hardcore for over a year before I quit. And my guild (from DAoC) played there almost until it closed down.

The main issue that I had with Warhammer Online was the hard coded 2 realm RvR. It just doesn't work. One side ALWAYS becomes overloaded with bandwagoners (see WoW, Aion, etc). DAoC's 3 realms worked very well, Never understood why they went away from that in Warhammer. Warhammer had other issues, but hard coded 2 realm RvR was the major one that could not be overcome.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm guessing any subscribers that were left in the second month were all classes that could punt into lava.

Then later the sucking people through keep gates into sorcerer pits was the thing.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
With the T2 wing jump sword master ability I could jump inside a keep door and get stuck then use it again and get thru the door and inside.

"How'd this tank get up here throwing healers off the walls!". Sword master had a decent aoe knockback but didn't PUNT people like some classes. One AoE knockback and good bye to so many ranged on top of a defensive pad when I did that tho.

I mean this shouldn't have existed nor should pulling people through doors. Hence why they needed more time to iron on the back log they got stuck with going into release. I swear to god this game had a good model and would have really taken off if it had some more time to iron shit out.

Last edited:

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I don't think he was a dbag about anything but wasn't in the trenches developing under the guy or anything. Given a a few more months it would have been a totally different ball game.

Friends of mine who worked for him say otherwise. D.B.A.G.

Not Curt Schilling level of Dbag mind you, but Dbag none the less.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That hype man had to be a real piece of work too. I'm curious what it's like working with all these people vs the faces they put on. Might be some real Mr Hyde's among them.

I'd be more interested in a look under the hood @ Jacobs esp, I won't make any kind of blind defense in the face of truth and would like to know more. But that game did get way, way better once the fortress limits etc went in. WoW PvP balance has seen infinitely worse patches than Warhammer ever managed to get fukt up in that regard. I for some odd reason loved the Bastion of Chaos (I think) dungeon all the way up to the point we got past that, the warp tunnels (no spoilers were out and immensely rewarding beating it and getting my sentinel armor) and then the obviously brokenly over tuned lost vale bosses (spider lol).

I just can't call that team a failure in any respect and maybe my (proven) bias of the EA touch of death on many of my favorite games is at play here in over drive.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To this day, Im still in disbelief that people can get GM of a games development with little to no experience. Its one thing to keep hiring people that have a bad track record on projects like Smedley, but is it that hard to find someone thats at least developed an outstanding single player game? I just cant fathom investing any of my money into someone just because they're my buddy, much less millions and millions of dollars?

Hell, if the pay is that high and credentials dont matter - they should hire me. Ill learn every g'd aspect of MMO development and run the tightest ship they've ever seen. Ill just refer to it as my third degree for future projects.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
To this day, Im still in disbelief that people can get GM of a games development with little to no experience. Its one thing to keep hiring people that have a bad track record on projects like Smedley, but is it that hard to find someone thats at least developed an outstanding single player game? I just cant fathom investing any of my money into someone just because they're my buddy, much less millions and millions of dollars?

Hell, if the pay is that high and credentials dont matter - they should hire me. Ill learn every g'd aspect of MMO development and run the tightest ship they've ever seen. Ill just refer to it as my third degree for future projects.

People generally do business with other people simply because they like them. I personally prefer to add, "Do they have a badass product?", in there, but some people simply keep it relational. Apparently the gaming industry is the lowest common denominator of this behavior.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Checked the site and updated my client. Looks like it is still in Alpha. Last news items was about bows and boats.

They are making progress but it is very slow.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thx for reply. The front page says Beta 1 so I assumed...

aaa.jpg

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have access to the forums then there is an interesting update from Mark.

He's asked that it not be posted publicly. It's nothing major but it is progress and it looks fun.

Game is still a ways off though. Beta next year looks doable but not full release.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Thanks Grim1. This game is pretty low on my radar but you've piqued my interest. Will have to log into their forums for the first time in years.

Looking forward to this being in a state where is actually a game. Learned that I am in no way a legitimate alpha tester. Shit sucks

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
WAR was obviously suffering some serious issues from the beginning. They somehow managed to build a client even more clunky than the DAOC one, and it just went downhill from there. Why it was so hard to do a mashup of DAOC's PVP and WoW's PVE with a Warhammer skin, I'm never going to understand, except that there was obviously a lot of fuckery going on behind the scenes.

Ironically, DAOC is still running, even if they're down to one server. I get tempted to go back every so often, but I'm worried they'll have butchered it even further and all my nostalgia will be ruined :(

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some sort of big announcement coming. No details yet.

Live stream Friday (the 18th) at 10am eastern.

twitch

Probably some sort of inside baseball business thing though. Unless it's a beta announcement I doubt most people will care that much.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My attitude towards development on this game, summed up by a line from Wedding Crashers:

MAKE ME A BALLOON ANIMAL, CLOWN!

Sincerely,
The PvP Community