Camelot Unchained

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
that video is actually looking pretty good for what they are advertising as a 'true beta' - not sure if that archer PC is rubberbanding or if they just haven't implemented a dodgeroll animation yet. performance looks really solid if the netcode is there, this game could be a lot of fun

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a heads up. Even though officially Beta 1 is delayed they are letting Beta 1 players into a lot of the extensive testing going on right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
that video is actually looking pretty good for what they are advertising as a 'true beta' - not sure if that archer PC is rubberbanding or if they just haven't implemented a dodgeroll animation yet. performance looks really solid if the netcode is there, this game could be a lot of fun

Looked like a bunch of people standing around accomplishing nothing.

I haven't had an opinion about this game, but the gameplay (even if it is Alpha) looks monotonous.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looked like a bunch of people standing around accomplishing nothing.

I haven't had an opinion about this game, but the gameplay (even if it is Alpha) looks monotonous.

Looks like they were stress testing rather than playing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like they were stress testing rather than playing.

My response to the vid makes sense if that's the case, haha. Not sure why they would name their vids "gameplay" though.

They've typically made it obvious it's stress test content in the past.

Last edited:

Hekotat

My response to the vid makes sense if that's the case, haha. Not sure why they would name their vids "gameplay" though.

They've typically made it obvious it's stress test content in the past.

I was just going off his comments while streaming "Come on guys, get more in my field of view so we can see how it does".

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beta 1 has officially started (July 31).

Not really sure what that means yet. Kind of out of the loop (rl stuff). Will look into it this weekend.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beta 1 is just a continuation of the Alpha and will probably last 6 to 9 months. But now Beta 1 backers can officially join the tests.

Tests will be held throughout the week
Alpha backers will have access to all tests (except internal IT testing).
Beta 1 backers will have access to weekend tests and some tests during the week.
Beta 2 backers will occasionally be invited to certain tests.

Game is still bare bones. They have 3 classes for each realm (tank, healer, range dps). They use these in various tests to stress systems, etc. The tests are usually short matches with as many players and bots that they can hold.

The engine is getting pretty stable so now they will start adding various mechanics and systems to the build. Adding complexity and refining the maps in the world, getting ready for Beta 2, etc. Other classes will not be added until much later, probably not in Beta 1.

This is not in any way close to Open Beta. That is still a very long ways off.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't really been keeping up with this too much, they are in the slow, grind part of the process. But Beta 1 is progressing. They are working on stuff like authentication and the 64 bit client. Not very sexy, but important. They are fleshing out the world. Looks pretty good.

They ran a recent test with 1200 bots plus players. Didn't participate but I assume it went well. Large scale battles look to be a reality.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Looks like Mages are going live this morning, beta 1/beta 2 backers can check them out for 3 hours. Going to give it a go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users