Can of Diet Coke

iannis

Musty Nester
Of all the petty complaints about airline service, hers may be the single pettiest complaint in history. Tahera Ahmad isn't even complaining that she didn't get a soda. She's complaining that she had to endure the filthy impure infidel fingers of the flight attendant groping her Diet Coke can.

And it's equally a study in the media's rush to take her ridiculous soda martyrdom and turn into it yet another piece of evidence that Muslims in America are oppressed by the Christian Diet Coke patriarchy.
Maybe the best thing that has ever come out of that shitpile of a religion is the ability to make our own nutters cogent once in a while.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
SJW's are getting out of control.

Also, no thanks to bikini pics.

rrr_img_99170.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, yeah it's petty, but if the story is true, she is quite literally asking for nothing more than the exact same treatment the person next to her received. And if the unopened can thing really was an airline policy, then the stewardess absentmindedly broke that policy handing that dude his beer, but then she saw a muslim and is like OH GOD I CANT GIVE THIS PERSON A CLOSED CAN SHE MIGHT HIJACK THE PLANE WITH IT. And if she really got some random dude going ROBBLE ROBBLE FUCK MUSLIMS, yeah that's pretty fucked up too.

It makes sense not to tolerate any form of bigotry against yourself, even with something as petty as an unopened soda can, because in this world if you give people an inch they will try to take a mile.

Szlia

I suspect retarded inconsistent policies over islamophobia for this one. Could anyone on the plane get a closed Diet Coke?

I went to see a sport event in France and I had to throw away my plastic canteen because closed container were forbidden (the idea being you can hurt someone by throwing a closed plastic bottle once it's filled, but not much so if it's opened). Yet, people had some metallic cowbells. And not the ones for SNL shorts with Will Ferrel, the ones for cows!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I suspect retarded inconsistent policies over islamophobia for this one. Could anyone on the plane get a closed Diet Coke?

I went to see a sport event in France and I had to throw away my plastic canteen because closed container were forbidden (the idea being you can hurt someone by throwing a closed plastic bottle once it's filled, but not much so if it's opened). Yet, people had some metallic cowbells. And not the ones for SNL shorts with Will Ferrel, the ones for cows!
I've been to venues you can take empty containers in but not full, seems odd they would let the cowbell in but not the container.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I mean, yeah it's petty, but if the story is true, she is quite literally asking for nothing more than the exact same treatment the person next to her received. And if the unopened can thing really was an airline policy, then the stewardess absentmindedly broke that policy handing that dude his beer, but then she saw a muslim and is like OH GOD I CANT GIVE THIS PERSON A CLOSED CAN SHE MIGHT HIJACK THE PLANE WITH IT. And if she really got some random dude going ROBBLE ROBBLE FUCK MUSLIMS, yeah that's pretty fucked up too.

It makes sense not to tolerate any form of bigotry against yourself, even with something as petty as an unopened soda can, because in this world if you give people an inch they will try to take a mile.
Assuming her narrative is true she certainly has a right to be pissed off, but most people have endured worse treatment at the hands of airline employees, yet haven't capitalized on the opportunity to play the sensationalized victim card in world media. This dumb non-story was front page headline news on CNN for at least a half day lol. I also find it all too coincidental that this particular woman is an anti-islamophobia activist that's visited the White House and had her picture taken with the president, yet in Sharpton-esque fashion it certainly seems convenient that she was the victim of "Islamophobia".

On a flight a few years back on American Airlines, some bitch flight attendant made me put away my issue of Maxim magazine "because there are children on the plane". When I pointed out that the lady three rows down was reading Cosmo which had racier pictures than my Maxim, she just got doubly annoyed with me and told me I need to put it away "NOW". I should have lodged a misandry complaint against AA, but then I remembered they're a shitty airline with nasty old stewardesses that should be retired to the glue factory, so what's the point?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I've been to venues you can take empty containers in but not full, seems odd they would let the cowbell in but not the container.
Its to stop you from bringing alcohol 99.9% sure. They got their own overpriced shit to sell you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i doubt this is true, her NON JOB is to cause sensationalism to her and her fellow goat fuckers. And even if it is true? fuck em, she's most likely lying about half the stuff and making it up.

khalid

Unelected Mod
even if it is true?
This is the crux of the matter. Even if it is true, she had to deal with some bigots and the worst they did to her was make her have to dealwith an opened can of cokeand a few hateful words. Oh the fucking horror.

Of course, what goes unsaid by almost everyone is the real reason she wanted an unopened can of coke is that her religion teaches her that everyone not a muslim is unclean. Her very act of asking for an unopened can of coke was her own bigotry being expressed.

Molten Core Raider
I would be curious to find out if the airline had any policy on how to serve beer. It wouldn't surprise me to find out they are not allowed to serve an open can of beer due to some odd state/company law, but are required to serve the soft drinks etc open (omg less weapons for the bad guys). I have been to a few states where in odd situations people could give/sell beer but they were not allowed to open it, only bartenders could do that.

I was in a clothing store in texas that gave me beer but made a point of saying he couldn't open them for me. Perhaps there is some odd rule at work here as well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So this bitch managed to get a stewardess fired
"After investigating this matter, United has ensured that the flight attendant, a Shuttle America employee, will no longer serve United customers."

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
If there is really a policy about opening cans for "reasons" can she not sue them for wrongful termination?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If there is really a policy about opening cans for "reasons" can she not sue them for wrongful termination?
If she wasn't making that policy up, yes, she can sue the crap out of them, which is what makes me think the stewardess made that shit up to discriminate against a Muslim. So fuck her and fuck the 'i cant have no dirty infidel open my diet coke' bitch who started the whole mess.

*edit*

Unless they're firing her for violating that policy by giving that one dude in the story an unopened beer can.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
seems like she's getting "re-training" so not fired, just not serving ppl atm, also we assume it's a girl, but never did they state if it was a steward or a stewardess right?