Can of Diet Coke

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is taken from one of those "SHOCKING STEWARDESS" articles in 2012
"Of all the drinks we serve, Diet Coke takes the most time to pour-the fizz takes forever to settle at 35,000 feet. In the time it takes me to pour a single cup of Diet Coke, I can serve three passengers a different beverage. So even though giving cans to first-class passengers is a big no-no, you'll occasionally spy 12 ounces of silver trimmed in red sitting up there." That's 1 of the "10 shocking secrets"
says they can't even give 1st class ppl cans.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Someone should go up there and use mentos to turn the poured cup of diet coke into a weapon.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It seems quite clear that airlines have a policy to not give unopened cans to passengers. All the times I have flown, I have never been given an unopened can. They always open the drinks before giving them to you. If the stewardess made a mistake, it was in giving a full can to some passenger.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
this is taken from one of those "SHOCKING STEWARDESS" articles in 2012

says they can't even give 1st class ppl cans.
I've gotten cans before on a plane. It might be that they cant give them to first class because just going "here's a can" isnt seen as very classy. Or it might be that the stewards have to open them to prevent foaming incidents from clutzy or stupid passengers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've always had it poured out for me in a cup, and if i ask for the can, they'll give it, along with the cup. (cuz i'm thirsty and want more)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
actually now that i think about it, they always give you the can if you ask for tomato juice, cuz probably 2 ppl on the plane ask for it, 1 of them being my wife.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
my jimmies were rustled for a second. So the women complains that that another passenger got an unopened can. The flight attendant corrects her mistake, and opens the beer can. Why isn't that the end of the argument?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my jimmies were rustled for a second. So the women complains that that another passenger got an unopened can. The flight attendant corrects her mistake, and opens the beer can. Why isn't that the end of the argument?
b/c her pathetic job revolves around complaining about the plight of goat fuckers r us.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"I'm a bigot who thinks everyone that isn't like me is unclean. Please give me special treatment."

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
"My religion teaches that God almighty created the universe as a place where people can not get offended by anything I do, and I am allowed to get offended by everything everyone else does. I demand special considerations for my faith."

I am fairly certain this is what religious people of all colors will be saying ad nauseum until the day we are all dead.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Delta always just hands me a can of beer np np. This whole story is weird as shit.
It isn't weird at all. Just because you got handed a can of beer, was it opened first? Is that really even something that you would notice, or just chalk up as them just being polite? Regardless, even if you did get your can unopened, plenty of other people have told you that they were denied being given a can at all or were only given it after it opened. So all you have shown is your stewardesses probably ignored the rule.

On the other hand, we have a known grievance-finder, who says she was denied a unopened can. Even if you buy this, so fucking what, maybe the stewardess briefly made a mistake with the other person. However, given her ridiculiously over the top renditions of what the other people were saying in her story, I think it is safe to have some really serious skepticism that anything like her story actually happened.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
contradicting story, but has observations that seemed like first hand account

I was actually on this flight on Friday evening from ORD to DCA. I have been a reader of this forum for a long time but seeing this all over the news made me sign up so I could tell you what really happened here and hopefully stop this liar in her tracks. I was sitting close enough to her to hear everything that was said. The flight attendant came up to the lady (I believe she even took her order first in the entire cabin as she was seated in the bulkhead 7d) and took her order. She ordered a coke zero and a hot green tea with a Splenda. The flight attendant handed her a full diet coke with a cup on top and then told her that the green tea would take a few minutes and she would get it to her ASAP. The lady said very rudely and condescending to the FA that she ordered a coke zero and basically pushed the soda back to the flight attendant. The FA said she was sorry and attempted to find a coke zero for her (which she did not have many of) and told her that she could only give her a portion of the can not the full can. This is when the lady in question started to freak out and told the FA "What do you think I will use this as a weapon?! Why can't I have the whole can? I think you are discriminating against me. I need your name...." The lady just kept yelling to her "I need your name... I am being discriminated against." This is when a few passengers told her to calm down and one guy told her to "shut her mouth and she is being ridiculous over a can of coke". No one ever said anything anti-Muslim to her at all. She was the one who started screaming discrimination when she did not get what she wanted. The FA asked her numerous times if she would like anything else when the lady just basically pushed her away with a hand in her face. The lady then got onto her phone with her credit card and paid for the internet so she could start spinning this story on social media and she was never in tears. This person is a liar plain and simple and is just pulling the discrimination card.
Diet Coke a Weapon? - Page 15 - FlyerTalk Forums

this forum is basically the forum where ppl goto to talk about flying and shit.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd noticed that too. I don't know what that means, but my bias leads me to think it means this situation wasn't as big a deal as she makes it out to be. All we have right now is her perspective and the company line, both of which are obviously going to be self-serving. I'd really like to hear from the other passengers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
remember this is a shuttle plane, where it's like a 30seater, with the single row to the left and the double row to the right so i'm sure the whole plane could hear a fake shit storm started by this goat fucker.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish the airline would release the flight attendant's side of the story. Would love nothing more than the post above to be the truth.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Airline releasing anything but an apology will never happen.
Disagreeing with the supposed "Victim" here will get the company branded as xenophbic at worst and covering their bigot employees at best.
They have no incentive to provide anything new on this incident to fuel any kind of further discussion even if they and the FA are fully in the right. They want this thing to die down and be forgotten ASAP.