Can the US just ban Celsius from the world please?

Chris

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_52101.jpg

It's just as bad the as Euro's trying to display the date as like 06/12/2013(December 06, 2013). Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
You mean in order of how long each period of time is? I know we are ridiculous!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
as long as you don't need to do any serious math with it, I guess.

How come there are no imperial units for bytes?
Because they already fuck up just fine on sizes rounded from the powers of 2->10. Oh there's 8 of those and 1024 of those? We'll go with 10 and 1000! Mb, MB, same thing right? (Seriously, Wildstar, seriously)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
speaking of bytes I wish I could go back in time and convince everyone to use a base 8, 12 or 16 number system instead of ten. I don't care how many fingers I have, ten is awful.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Notice on that map I linked that Canada uses all three DMY. MDY and YMD formats and on top of that, both metric and imperial systems

Shit must be so confusing over there

Gooch_sl

shitlord
Ya in Canada we are all over the map with systems. I work in construction and we all use feet, inches, eighths and sixteenths, but when it comes to distances we use kilometers. Most people over 50 use F over C. The only way I can understand Mph is knowing 60 MpH is 100 KpH and so on. Most use cups/tea spoons, pounds and ounces except when it comes to deli meat you usually have to order in grams. I have no clue on meters. I just think golf and yards makes way more sense to me. It definitely a mix of the two.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Medical marijuana is sold by the gram in the US now (for awhile?). Pot smokers will lead the US into the metric age.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Ya in Canada we are all over the map with systems. I work in construction and we all use feet, inches, eighths and sixteenths, but when it comes to distances we use kilometers. Most people over 50 use F over C. The only way I can understand Mph is knowing 60 MpH is 100 KpH and so on. Most use cups/tea spoons, pounds and ounces except when it comes to deli meat you usually have to order in grams. I have no clue on meters. I just think golf and yards makes way more sense to me. It definitely a mix of the two.
Hell, if all this wasn't complicated enough, we often use time as a measure of distance too.

ex: Hey, what's the distance between Montreal and Toronto?
About 5 hours depending on traffic.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Come to think of it, I get my weed in Imperial and metric units. Like, an 1/8th is 3.5g, 28g in an ounce....

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Real world day to day applications however are not based on laboratory measurements. They are based on human elements of perception.
Every neckbeard and fatty in Walmart knows exactly how much a 2 liter of Mountain Dew is just by being told what they wanted was 2 liters. So I'm pretty sure we'd survive the change and I'm okay with letting measurements dictate perception and not the other way around. If the only way you can learn to visualize a foot is to look at your own, or are to the point of knowing what base-10 number system means and still have to look at your fingers, well, then you're a retard and should have been drown in the river like that litter of kittens that wasn't worth feeding.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Liter is french for give me some fuckin cola before I break vous (your?) fuckin lips.

@:54s

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I work with a lot of international assholes so I have to use that god damn date format. It's awful...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I lived in Sweden ages ago and found the YMD system they used fucking annoying until recently when it makes sense from a computer's perspective. It hurts when you find something you hate is actually pretty damn useful.
smile.png