Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking back on it as well, the final 1/3 was the best out of any marvel film. Really nice to see them break out of the regular format. Ending feels a bit shallow in a way though. Can sort of see how Infinity War 1 is going to go.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Does this feel like Capt. America's movie or Avengers Jr.?
A bit of both. The plot is mostly centered around Captain America, but some of the events were set in motion by Avengers 2 and will definitely impact Avengers 3. It also leads right into the Black Panther movie, basically.

Column_sl

shitlord
They have the extra scenes for the credits up right now, and all I can say is

Aunt May is way too Hot to be Peter Parker's aunt. Awkward...

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Might be a spoiler, but do they explain or show Spiderman's abilities/powers?

Is he just like IronMan? A regular human in a suit?

Or does he have super strength and quick reflexes that would be considered above normal human abilities?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Might be a spoiler, but do they explain or show Spiderman's abilities/powers?

Is he just like IronMan? A regular human in a suit?

Or does he have super strength and quick reflexes that would be considered above normal human abilities?
Spiderman is the Spiderman you are familiar with from previous films and comics. There is no origin story but he does give a brief insight as to what makes him special

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looking back on it as well, the final 1/3 was the best out of any marvel film. Really nice to see them break out of the regular format. Ending feels a bit shallow in a way though. Can sort of see how Infinity War 1 is going to go.
I'd say it's slightly below Avengers 1, just because Avengers 1 did an awesome job of bringing multiple characters together. I always tend to come out of the big Marvel event films thinking "wow, best one yet" but I never feel inclined to re-watch them, so I'm holding back on the "wow!" feeling this time round

Chris

Potato del Grande
Enjoyed every bit of it, really well paced action and plot, clear character motivations and development even if they have few scenes. Ant man and spider man steal the show but black panther is excellent too.

Feels like a captain America movie with iron man as "bad guy" other than the big fight. Yes it's the best superhero fight ever. I would even say that the 2nd best superhero fight ever is also in this movie.

Ending is a downer which is unavoidable due to the nature of the story, so overall I liked several of the other movies better but this is still excellent.

Column_sl

shitlord
I liked it a lot, but I do have some nitpicks with the story, but all the action scenes made up for it.

We really need Thanos to be a very strong Antagonist. Every Marvel movie has such a throw away bad guy.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Saw it earlier today, and really enjoyed it.

Don't think I'd call it the best comic book movie ever. For me, Avengers, GotG and Winter Soldier from the MCU are still better, along with the Dark Knight and Deadpool.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So......it was bit disappointing. Not a bad movie at all but still is way behind winter soldier.
I think the motivation for many of the characters was weak and forced, except the one at the end, of course.
Really liked black panther (actor and character), young spidey was also good, good fights but yet...
they couldn't kill any character. There are no casualties at all,not even rhodes (and i think it happened to him just to feel pity for someone, a minor hero of course). Marvel are a bunch of wusses imo

2 things that were odd to me:
- Young and hot aunt may
- wouldn't the spidey sense warn about ant man?

6/10

Malkav

French Madman
People griping about "young" aunt May are funny to me.

Marisa Tomei may be hot yes, but she is still 51.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There's plenty to bitch about if you look hard enough, but it was fun above all else. 90%

Spider Man and Ant Man stole the show. Totally agree about wussing out, but ffs it's Disney, I've been saying from the start they won't throw away billion dollar stars and have 6 year olds crying in the aisles. I loved that there was no clear enemy in this, and made me genuinely feel like these whiny bitches are going to get WTFcurbstomped by Thanos who doesn't give a fuck if you're being fair. They used this film big time as a launch for Spidey, and man it looks like it could be a big big franchise for them. Downey did his best acting job yet as Iron Man, he also finally had a script that required it. I thought the resolution of him not being saved by onlookers, but rather by Cap on his own refusing to strike the final blow was really well played. And the Nitro guy was a bit of a cop out, I really didn't like Scarlet Witch killing people instead. All in all it's exactly at a 90% for me. It could have been better, but not by much. Best superhero movie? Not by a fucking longshot. Dark Knight, Hellboy (fuck you haters), Superman, etc... But this is damn good, and exactly what I want from the bullshit Disney is capable of doing with Marvel.