Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Again the greatest soldier can NOW, avoid being hit by spider webs, and jump 10ft in the air and Bruce Lee kick, spidey... wasn't prepared for that
rrr_img_134519.jpg

rrr_img_134520.jpg

his spidey sense saves him (and strength) from being crushed like a bug
rrr_img_134521.jpg

is a team player, operation catch a war machine
rrr_img_134522.jpg

rrr_img_134523.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
now is playing tag team, while war machine flys him into giant man (notice same webbing that he used to save war machine)
rrr_img_134525.jpg
rrr_img_134526.jpg

and is distracted b/c he's happy he took out giant man (thumbs up) and an errant hand smacks him down
rrr_img_134527.jpg

You do know that even in the beginning of his career, Spider-Man could dodge bullets at point blank range. OMG squirrel, fuck my spider powers.

As I said above they use his abilities when it suits their needs and forget about them when "PLOT". They have done this in all six movies he has been in and it just gets annoying.
da fuq? plot? he is a super hero powered fight, where he began w/ a tiny ant kicking his ass, to a giant man slapping him down. And yea they use his abilities to tell a good fucking story of action and growth, he went from fighting petty crime to fighting the most powered meta humans and adjusting tactics to defeat and also work w/ his new team. plot? WTF does that even mean?, just sounds nerd ragey.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the new Captain America #1 is out this week and has the twist that

Cap is Hydra... his mom was apparently hydra from way back before the war and he was brainwashed this entire time but never activated. Which is pretty freaking retarded and indicative of how batshit insane Marvel comics has become

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
da fuq? plot? he is a super hero powered fight, where he began w/ a tiny ant kicking his ass, to a giant man slapping him down. And yea they use his abilities to tell a good fucking story of action and growth, he went from fighting petty crime to fighting the most powered meta humans and adjusting tactics to defeat and also work w/ his new team. plot? WTF does that even mean?, just sounds nerd ragey.
Yes fighting petty criminals who can throw cars, as was shown by Iron Man when he caught one in one of the videos.

Marvel/Disney wanted to use a teenager because they feel that's what the audience wants as it will attract more kids. Most of the posters here grew up watching him from his 90's cartoon and even in that one he wasn't a teen.

In the movie he's probably the third most powerful hero there under Vision/Scarlet Witch. There is NO WAY Cap should have been able to pull him and hit him with his shield. Please at least try to understand Spider-Man, his powers and his power level. UGH!

Blackyce

So the new twist for Captain America #1 is out this week and has the twist that

Cap is Hydra... his mom was apparently hydra from way back before the war and he was brainwashed this entire time but never activated. Which is pretty freaking retarded and indicative of how batshit insane Marvel comics has become
I'm so glad I don't read new comic books these days.

Blackyce

You just described every single comic book character ever in every movie and comic book.
I think you might have misunderstood me a bit. Yes I do know that comic book writers and movie characters often have their powers/abilities changed for said comic book/movie. My gripe is that with Spider-Man his power set tends to change inside each movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There is NO WAY Cap should have been able to pull him and hit him with his shield. Please at least try to understand Spider-Man, his powers and his power level. UGH!
I feel dirty even getting into this, but since people seem to be having a hard time with Cap pulling him, this is no different than a 200 lb. guy trying to lat pull down over 200 lbs. Unless he braces himself under something, no matter how strong he is simple physics won't let him pull more than his body weight down. Same thing with Cap pulling Spider-Man off his feet. Cap clearly outweighs Spider-Man, so the only way massively superior strength helps in that situation is if you can brace yourself properly. Spider-Man would have had to use his wall crawling feet on the ground to counter that move, and it isn't that big of a stretch to assume he wasn't ready for it (spidey sense shouldn't make a bit of difference, since it is clear at that point Cap is already a threat).

Also, it's a comic book movie. Nothing that happened was too hard for me to believe from a Spider-Man that is still getting used to recognizing and using his powers. Just because your spidey sense tingles doesn't mean you instantly know how to counter the threat without some practice.

Also also, just because Peter Parker has been an adult for the majority of his comic run doesn't mean he has to be in the movies. He's been an "adult" with mixed results in multiple movies, why not give this one a shot? Not to mention that technically this kid is practically the same age as what the other versions were supposed to be too, it's just that he actually is a kid compared to the 25+ aged actors they got to play him before.

Blackyce

I feel dirty even getting into this, but since people seem to be having a hard time with Cap pulling him, this is no different than a 200 lb. guy trying to lat pull down over 200 lbs. Unless he braces himself under something, no matter how strong he is simple physics won't let him pull more than his body weight down. Same thing with Cap pulling Spider-Man off his feet. Cap clearly outweighs Spider-Man, so the only way massively superior strength helps in that situation is if you can brace yourself properly. Spider-Man would have had to use his wall crawling feet on the ground to counter that move, and it isn't that big of a stretch to assume he wasn't ready for it (spidey sense shouldn't make a bit of difference, since it is clear at that point Cap is already a threat).

Also, it's a comic book movie. Nothing that happened was too hard for me to believe from a Spider-Man that is still getting used to recognizing and using his powers. Just because your spidey sense tingles doesn't mean you instantly know how to counter the threat without some practice.

Also also, just because Peter Parker has been an adult for the majority of his comic run doesn't mean he has to be in the movies. He's been an "adult" with mixed results in multiple movies, why not give this one a shot? Not to mention that technically this kid is practically the same age as what the other versions were supposed to be too, it's just that he actually is a kid compared to the 25+ aged actors they got to play him before.
Wikipedia quote.

Spider-Man is capable of crawling on walls and ceilings. He has conscious control over this ability, and it is simple and instinctive for him to use, first using it in Amazing Fantasy #15 before realizing he has the ability. Originally, Spider-Man is able to stick to surfaces using only his hands and feet, but later he is shown to be able to cling with his back. The strength of attraction between himself and the surface he is clinging to is considerable, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. If Spider-Man does not willingly detach, but is pulled off by force, the surface usually breaks, still attached to his body.
He should not have been pulled in by Cap, but we will blame all his lack of abilities on the fact he's only been Spider-Man for six months.
frown.png

Also, you do realize that in each movie he started out as a teenager right? Although the actors were older, Maguire was 24-25 when Spider-Man was filmed and Garfield 27 when Amazing Spider-Man was filmed and they graduated High School in each of their second movies. The only difference now is they have an actual teen to play a teen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was going to argue that The Edge or a_skeleton_03 should have been the 4th Horsemen instead of you....but nevermind.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also, you do realize that in each movie he started out as a teenager right? Although the actors were older, Maguire was 24-25 when Spider-Man was filmed and Garfield 27 when Amazing Spider-Man was filmed. The only difference now is they have an actual teen to play a teen.
That's pretty much exactly what I said. You were the one complaining that he was an adult for the vast majority of the comics you read, and that for whatever reason *this* version wasn't. So if you're now telling me that they were all teenagers (which is what I said too, even though I used the "adult" in quotes thing to indicate that it is a pretty loose term), why weren't you complaining about all the other versions too? Or were you, and I just couldn't follow all the complaints?

And sure, we all know that if Spider-Man doesn't want to be moved he won't be easily, but come on. It was a good scene to show Cap's better tactical expertise. Sure they might have been able to generate some humor with Cap trying to do his flip/pull thing and Spider-Man just standing there looking at him like, "WTF are you doing man?" because he can't be moved. But their WHOLE FUCKING PURPOSE was to introduce a character that is still learning, is super-enthusiastic, and super-thrilled to even be around these people. I think they did a great job of that. If he had just been maximum badass mode, it doesn't come off quite as interesting and endearing to the audience. Same with if Vision just walks in and stomps everyone. Comic books are ALL about sacrificing a little bit of "reality" to make things more fun and interesting. Sometimes that involves power levels not being consistent from one issue to the next. I wonder how you made it through years of reading comics because that shit happens constantly, and if it bothered you this much I can't see how it would be fun for you to keep reading.

Blackyce

Whatever, it's pointless to argue because it's not going to change yours or anyone else's mind as well as mine.

Suffice it to say, I didn't like Spider-Man in this movie, there were to many WTF moments for me in it.

1) Stark knowing Peter was Spider-Man.
2) Aunt May being a hot MILF.
3) Spider-Man's lack of using his abilities correctly is do to his lack of experience.
4) Spider-Man is an awe struck goofy teenager behind the mask, the same as Peter Parker in real life. In the Comics Spider-Man is much more sarcastic and in your face.
5) Spider-Man takes a bit of a beating and gives up after Stark tells him to stand down.

I'm just saying it didn't feel like Spider-Man to me. That's my take.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wikipedia quote.

He should not have been pulled in by Cap, but we will blame all his lack of abilities on the fact he's only been Spider-Man for six months.
frown.png

Also, you do realize that in each movie he started out as a teenager right? Although the actors were older, Maguire was 24-25 when Spider-Man was filmed and Garfield 27 when Amazing Spider-Man was filmed and they graduated High School in each of their second movies. The only difference now is they have an actual teen to play a teen.
The way you're arguing, you want Spidey and his Spidey sense to be on near pre-cog lvls and having move like NEO when shit comes his way and be as immovable as Juggernaut.

What you want for Spider-man is what no one else wants, you just want someone to read off the WIKI database of Spider-Man shit and fit that into a movie.

Blackyce

The way you're arguing, you want Spidey and his Spidey sense to be on near pre-cog lvls and having move like NEO when shit comes his way and be as immovable as Juggernaut.

What you want for Spider-man is what no one else wants, you just want someone to read off the WIKI database of Spider-Man shit and fit that into a movie.
His spider sense is a precog ability if you didn't know. As I stated before he can avoid automatic gunfire and gunfire at point blank range.

I want Spider-Man to be Spider-Man and those are the abilities I grew up reading about for the past forty years. As I said, it didn't feel like Spider-Man to me.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like that it gives Spider-Man room for growth. This was Spider-Man's origin movie without actually going into huge details of how he got his powers and learned to use them. In both of the other Spider-Man series, he doesn't start off automatically knowing every facet of his powers. Both have to learn how to use the webbing, for instance. Considering the sudden jump in power that Spider-Man is having to face in Germany and it being the first time he's working with a team, I think it makes sense for there to be a bit of a learning curve for him.

It also fits with most of the other Marvel movies. Tony Stark didn't start out with a fully decked out suit. It was something he's upgraded as time has gone on. Captain America had to test his limitations several times. Ant-Man certainly didn't understand his powers and had to be taught what he could do by Pym and Hope. As far as I see it, this gave us something similar with Spider-Man without us having to sit through another retread of seeing him become Spider-Man and learn how to use his powers. Now Homecoming can move on and give us something new with the character.