Captain Marvel (2019)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's Ronin sans power gem I assume?

Feige stated that Captain Marvel looks beast mode in her debut on purpose and that she has weaknesses and those will come out in later movies. Things like she burns through her power the longer she is in Binary form and has to like recharge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Most of the people who said they wouldn't see it on the internet probably belong to the "lul me pirate/torrent everything" crowd, which is why Box Office numbers didn't get impacted at all.
I can't speak for others but I go to the movies frequently and own hundreds of Blu-Ray. They didn't get my money this time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I can't speak for others but I go to the movies frequently and own hundreds of Blu-Ray. They didn't get my money this time.
Same. Watched spoiler reviews and outlines to get the details I needed. Not surprisingly they've been able to detail the entire movie in less than 10 minutes. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually when it's offered for $3 UHD rental or listed for free on Netflix.

I own every Marvel film in some form that I felt has been worth my money. At this time, that excludes Thor 2, Black Panther, Antman & Wasp, and Guardians 2. Antman 2 and GotG 2 were on Netflix, the latter I saw in theaters. I got an IM3 bluray for $5. Ultron was a $10 4K purchase. Black Panther is the only one I'd actively avoid watching again, and refuse to buy a copy unless it snuck itself into an amazing box set.

I seriously doubt I'm going to loathe Captain Marvel as much as BP, but it has no real draw or impact for me. I'm sure she'll be awesome in Endgame, much like BP was in Civil War. I'm just not going to spend $30 on tickets for two and $50-70 on food like I have for most Marvel films to see this one.

Discount Supergirl isn't gonna get my money.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Same. Watched spoiler reviews and outlines to get the details I needed. Not surprisingly they've been able to detail the entire movie in less than 10 minutes. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually when it's offered for $3 UHD rental or listed for free on Netflix.

I own every Marvel film in some form that I felt has been worth my money. At this time, that excludes Thor 2, Black Panther, Antman & Wasp, and Guardians 2. Antman 2 and GotG 2 were on Netflix, the latter I saw in theaters. I got an IM3 bluray for $5. Ultron was a $10 4K purchase. Black Panther is the only one I'd actively avoid watching again, and refuse to buy a copy unless it snuck itself into an amazing box set.

I seriously doubt I'm going to loathe Captain Marvel as much as BP, but it has no real draw or impact for me. I'm sure she'll be awesome in Endgame, much like BP was in Civil War. I'm just not going to spend $30 on tickets for two and $50-70 on food like I have for most Marvel films to see this one.

Discount Supergirl isn't gonna get my money.
its actually better than Black Panter, which isnt saying much. Black Panther was offensively bad and racist. Captain Marvel was just super boring and the lead actress is an NPC through out the film. cant tell one NPC from another.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The most normal one I've seen is "Tripper." He reported to his squadron with the first two female pilots in the Navy. So he became Tripper, like Jack Tripper from Three's Company.

My favorite is "Killface." It's this 5 foot nothing chick. I don't know the story behind it, but fuck I can only imagine.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watched Antman and the Wasp on Netflix last night. No expectations going in and it was better than Thor 1&2, Black Panther, Iron Man 2&3, Dr. Strange, and Spiderman. I haven't seen this yet but the peeps saying it was on par with Thor 2 make me think that it is below Antman and the Wasp also. Hilarious.
The only problem with that movie is the entire thing would have been resolved if the good guys and bad guys agreed to work together. They all wanted something different. Nothing overlapped. Congrats, you did it. The end.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
They fucked up Apocalypse. There are pictures of a better goddamn Comicon costume Apoc than the fucking shit they put in that movie.

When I watched that movie I could just think of Tom Berenger and his leathery, moist face every time Apocalypse was on screen

ew-x-men-apocalypse-isaac-144782-144795.jpg

31084555_c2700x3600+0+0_400x533.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
How about the scene towards the end when Brie is getting her powers, and the movie is playing Nirvana, and Annette Benning is doing some weird dance. God there were some scenes that were just fucking HORRIBLE. .... Rewatching Ragnarok right now, Blanchet's "Hela" is fucking amazing, she's charismatic, perfectly acted, physical, etc. Just infinitely better than Brie. I truly think, even with the exact same script, that Captain Marvel would have been a better movie with ANY other actress. (I'm not saying the script was great or perfect, it was only "above decent", but that the movie itself would have been better with any other actress given everything else being the same.)

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy
How about the scene towards the end when Brie is getting her powers, and the movie is playing Nirvana, and Annette Benning is doing some weird dance. God there were some scenes that were just fucking HORRIBLE. .... Rewatching Ragnarok right now, Blanchet's "Hela" is fucking amazing, she's charismatic, perfectly acted, physical, etc. Just infinitely better than Brie. I truly think, even with the exact same script, that Captain Marvel would have been a better movie with ANY other actress. (I'm not saying the script was great or perfect, it was only "above decent", but that the movie itself would have been better with any other actress given everything else being the same.)

Ragnarok is probably my favorite MCU movie. Not the best, but my favorite to watch. It's a toss up between GOTG and Winter Soldier for best, though with time Infinity War has crept close.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hela is my MCU second best villian, in some areas shes better than thanos, she shows more spunk, cate blanchett really did great, where lazy bitches like annett benning, glenn close and tilda swinton were a waste of space.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hela is my MCU second best villian, in some areas shes better than thanos, she shows more spunk, cate blanchett really did great, where lazy bitches like annett benning, glenn close and tilda swinton were a waste of space.
Tilda Swinton's shit performance came as a huge shock, she was exceptional in the CS Lewis movies and she was great in Constantine. this should have been in her wheelhouse, instead she just phoned it in.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the fuck? I was about to argue about how her performance was one of the best things about Dr Strange, which was otherwise a fairly mediocre movie. Then I realized I was about to argue with opinions from Lanx and Chuk and realized suicide would be a more productive use of my time.

• 6Worf
  • 3Ice Burn
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users