nobody has ever topped Julie Newmar
giphy.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 8 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
it's been a while since i saw it, but i remember it being pretty implicit that her exact thought WAS "well, i'm not a man." before crossing it.

I promise, I have the movie memorized. I just pulled the script:

- We need to make our next position by sunset.
- How can you say that? What is the matter with you?
- This is No Man's Land! Diana! Means no man can cross it, alright? This battalion has been here for nearly a year... ...and they barely gained an inch. Alright? Because on the other side, there are a bunch of Germans ...pointing machine guns at every square inch of this place.This is not something you can cross. This is not possible.
- So what? So we do nothing?
- No, we are doing something. We are, we just...
- Steve.
- We can't save everyone in this war.
- Steve...
- This is not what we came here to do.
- No... ...but it's whatI'm going to do.

All she says is that she is going to save everyone. I remember having the hairs stand up on the back on my neck because I was ready for the cringiest SJW feminist dialogue, and they totally did NOT do that. Truly she is nothing more than a hero that happens to be a female. They could have LOTR'ed it so bad "I'm no man!!!" but they didn't, thank god. And then they give us like the fucking best action scene ever. That movie delivered.

Edit: I concede that they definitely mentioned how its called no mans land, because she's a woman, etc, but they didn't pound that into your head any more than that. They could have gone 10x worse, but didn't. They kept her a true hero, and kept the movie good, instead of some feminist shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
There was a lot to complain about, The movie was not good. Her acting was terrible, the supporting cast was just average at best (I must admit though im not a huge Chris Pine fan so maybe I'm biased there). I don't know, I guess I was just hoping for more when I seen it...maybe just all the hype raised my expectations to high and the movie couldn't match them.

I have to concur that her acting was bad, especially at the end when she's having her hero crisis moment. But when she's being charming, she is fucking on point, it's probably just Gal Gadot being herself, because she is a true lady. But I disagree about the supporting cast. They were excellent. Funny, meaningful, they had backstories, they grew and changed, and they weren't reduced to a handful of buffoons who are outclassed by WW at every step. They played a useful, meaningful role. Give Pine a chance, he's good, somewhat charismatic, and can carry a movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Pretty decent torrent (I guess a cam? looks like VHS quality) of Captain Marvel is out... Watching it now. It's really amazing, Brie is fucking flat and terrible in almost every scene. She's truly terrible. No personality, no nothing. Maybe she's on antidepressants or something.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's definitely some nudge nudge wink wink from Pine from the emphasis when he says no MANS land, but that's as close as they get to going full Eowen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
When I read about you motherfuckers getting all up in arms about Brie Larson being a cunt, I'm often perplexed as to why nobody is addressing the real problem, which is why are grown men are shamelessly watching these bland, predictable cheese dick Marvel movies designed for 8 year old kids? Do you assholes realize every one of these movies is exactly the same thing? Superhero(es) beat a shitty CGI bad guy at the end of a stupid plot engineered to sell toys to kids (and exceptionally lonely adults). What a thrill ride. Who the fuck are you people watching this crap on the edge of yours thinking, "OH BOY I WONDER IF CAPTAIN MARVEL WILL SAVE THE DAY!!!!! " This shit is the cinema equivalent of Nickelback and you all make me sick.

With that said, who is excited for Infinity War 2? DO YOU GUYS THINK THE AVENGERS CAN SOMEHOW TAKE DOWN THANOS?!?!?! HMM I DON'T KNOW IT'S TOUGH TO SAY WHEN THEY'VE GOT 50 MORE SHIT MOVIES IN PRODUCTION

• 3Garbage
  • 2Salty
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 8 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When I read about you motherfuckers getting all up in arms about Brie Larson being a cunt, I'm often perplexed as to why nobody is addressing the real problem, which is why are grown men are shamelessly watching these bland, predictable cheese dick Marvel movies designed for 8 year old kids? Do you assholes realize every one of these movies is exactly the same thing? Superhero(es) beat a shitty CGI bad guy at the end of a stupid plot engineered to sell toys to kids (and exceptionally lonely adults). What a thrill ride. Who the fuck are you people watching this crap on the edge of yours thinking, "OH BOY I WONDER IF CAPTAIN MARVEL WILL SAVE THE DAY!!!!! " This shit is the cinema equivalent of Nickelback and you all make me sick.

With that said, who is excited for Infinity War 2? DO YOU GUYS THINK THE AVENGERS CAN SOMEHOW TAKE DOWN THANOS?!?!?! HMM I DON'T KNOW IT'S TOUGH TO SAY WHEN THEY'VE GOT 50 MORE SHIT MOVIES IN PRODUCTION
And what movies do you enjoy Mr movie conosseur?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
And what movies do you enjoy Mr movie conosseur?

From memory some movies I've watched recently that haven't sucked include Whiplash, Dragged Across Concrete, Man on Fire, Lion, Mulholland Drive, Face Off.

• 2Dislike

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I realize most of those are older but they first watches for me.
That's lovely. Go find a thread about shit you watch on TV and push your bullshit there. Movies that show in movie theaters and the experience that's attached to it are obviously not your thing.

• 2Worf