Captain Marvel (2019)

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
he fagged out last night on me and MusicForFish MusicForFish in the Ancient Civ thread in general. like totally out of the blue, he's never even posted there before. he's whacked out of his head retarded.
He's just another clown. Decently well read on a few subjects, but Super autistic.
Cant even be bothered to talk half the time. Loves resorting to salting and downvoting when topics go over his head. A really great forum member.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He has done it for all of his unbridled posts.
been working through it most of the day. still only 90 minutes in. jesus christ this is long. this must be a lithose youtube channel. :p
all this to say the movie sucked ass. he could have summarized the whole thing in ten minutes. kudos to his thoroughness though.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
been working through it most of the day. still only 90 minutes in. jesus christ this is long. this must be a lithose youtube channel. :p
all this to say the movie sucked ass. he could have summarized the whole thing in ten minutes. kudos to his thoroughness though.
It is, but his whole movie critiquing catalog is on point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is, but his whole movie critiquing catalog is on point.
definitely, he destroyed every second of that movie. some of his best points, what the fuck were the scrulls doing on that ship for 6 years, what were they eating, why did they need Captain Horrible to tell them they could have left at any time and how far did they think they would get in 25 years doing lightspeed? then you got all of Nick Furies inconsistencies, then you got why in the everliving fuck would NASA?our government trust the Tesseract, the most powerful thing on this planet to a fucking space alien?

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just assumed lightspeed didn't mean 1x lightspeed. The nearest galaxy is 25,000 lightyears away. You'd have to go 1000 x C to get there in 25 years. Or 2000 x C to get there and back in 25 years. Of all the things to make excuses for that one wasn't the most unbelievable when we have portal hopping, and dimension jumping, and now...
time travel.
...hopping galaxies doesn't seem so ludicrous.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just assumed lightspeed didn't mean 1x lightspeed. The nearest galaxy is 25,000 lightyears away. You'd have to go 1000 x C to get there in 25 years. Or 2000 x C to get there and back in 25 years. Of all the things to make excuses for that one wasn't the most unbelievable when we have portal hopping, and dimension jumping, and now...
time travel.
...hopping galaxies doesn't seem so ludicrous.
i only say light speed because thats what Marvell's ship was capable of. no FTL or portal jumping. actual light speed.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
definitely, he destroyed every second of that movie. some of his best points, what the fuck were the scrulls doing on that ship for 6 years, what were they eating, why did they need Captain Horrible to tell them they could have left at any time and how far did they think they would get in 25 years doing lightspeed? then you got all of Nick Furies inconsistencies, then you got why in the everliving fuck would NASA?our government trust the Tesseract, the most powerful thing on this planet to a fucking space alien?

I'd never heard of this guy before. So glad I saw this video, he decimated Captain Marvel. I'd noticed a lot of that stuff in the video, but he ... oh god he noticed a whole lot more. That was awesome!

spronk

FPS noob
i only say light speed because thats what Marvell's ship was capable of. no FTL or portal jumping. actual light speed.

the ship that the older scientist kree chick was developing was explicitly said as FTL with no more details. FTL could mean more than just goes X times faster than light, it could also create the kind of wormholes that they use in GOTG1/2 to hop around the galaxy. Its not "logical" but nothing really is once you bring in FTL since that allows you to violate causality, you can make "round trips" anywhere and arrive back BEFORE you left due to the way time and light speed are bound in relativity.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the ship that the older scientist kree chick was developing was explicitly said as FTL with no more details. FTL could mean more than just goes X times faster than light, it could also create the kind of wormholes that they use in GOTG1/2 to hop around the galaxy. Its not "logical" but nothing really is once you bring in FTL since that allows you to violate causality, you can make "round trips" anywhere and arrive back BEFORE you left due to the way time and light speed are bound in relativity.
the key word is developing. she was only at the lightspeed stage when she died. the test plane that had a Teseract based engine was only rated for light speed.

Muurloen

Finally saw it. It was fairly mediocre. Wasn't blow away by it, but it was certainly better than Black Panther, but not as good as say IM2.

Glad I didnt pay for it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Finally saw it. It was fairly mediocre. Wasn't blow away by it, but it was certainly better than Black Panther, but not as good as say IM2.

Glad I didnt pay for it.
Black Panther was just fucking stupid. Captain Marvel would be better with a better lead actress, but it would still be pretty boring. i think the movie was taken more seriously than it should have been, even the jokes were serious business. it needed a light hearted punchiness to the script.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Black Panther was just fucking stupid. Captain Marvel would be better with a better lead actress, but it would still be pretty boring. i think the movie was taken more seriously than it should have been, even the jokes were serious business. it needed a light hearted punchiness to the script.

Well, she was actively trying to become "THE FIRST ME!" - LOL!

I completely agree. People talk about Black Panther as if it was this cultural masterpiece with deep meanings that explored black history in Africa. Maybe it was? Maybe it went completely over my head, but I didn't care for it at all. To be honest, and this will make me look ignorant, what it told me about Africa was what I already assumed, but I've never studied their history outside of watching Vice videos looking at Ebola in Liberia.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Well, she was actively trying to become "THE FIRST ME!" - LOL!

I completely agree. People talk about Black Panther as if it was this cultural masterpiece with deep meanings that explored black history in Africa. Maybe it was? Maybe it went completely over my head, but I didn't care for it at all. To be honest, and this will make me look ignorant, what it told me about Africa was what I already assumed, but I've never studied their history outside of watching Vice videos looking at Ebola in Liberia.
Have you met Gen. Butt Naked?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s no way this garbage was better than black panther. And this is by no means praise for black panther.
Both movies have nonsensical plots and eyeroll levels of Hollywood virtue signaling. But holy shit was the acting in this movie terrible. Black panther atleast was passable in that regard , as were its action sequences. I couldn’t even get thru this movie, the acting and writing were so bad and clearly no one had the balls to tell the marvel actress when she needed to reshoot a scene because she is just painfully hammy, corny or stone faced throughout the entire movie

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

There’s no way this garbage was better than black panther. And this is by no means praise for black panther.
Both movies have nonsensical plots and eyeroll levels of Hollywood virtue signaling. But holy shit was the acting in this movie terrible. Black panther atleast was passable in that regard , as were its action sequences. I couldn’t even get thru this movie, the acting and writing were so bad and clearly no one had the balls to tell the marvel actress when she needed to reshoot a scene because she is just painfully hammy, corny or stone faced throughout the entire movie
This one is certainly at my bottom 5, with 5 being the worst.

5) IM3
4) Capt Waymens
3) Thor2
2) BP
1) IM2

-edit revised

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I always find it so amazing everyone I talk to thinks Black Panther is an all around bad movie. However, according to the media it is the most critically acclaimed and best marvel movie EVER. I'm guessing it's also the only one to win an academy award to be given out on live tv?

What a joke we have become.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I always find it so amazing everyone I talk to thinks Black Panther is an all around bad movie. However, according to the media it is the most critically acclaimed and best marvel movie EVER. I'm guessing it's also the only one to win an academy award to be given out on live tv?

I think Brie said it best.. "I don't need a bunch of white dudes telling me ..." - LOL. Kidding :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Who is the "we" you speak of?

I like the pronoun game too.