Captain Marvel (2019)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean you realize that if there are no actual action stunts this chick doesn't have a job right? lol. I mean if it's just gonna be poses and doing blasts she's not needed. Stunt people make these videos to show off their skills.

yes. i absolutely understand that. my issue has nothing to do with the stunt people involved, like i said it's a really well done sequence.

it still doesn't take away from the fact that it doesn't make any sense for captain marvel. you don't see iron man doing stunts like that. that also doesn't mean that ironman didn't have stunt people.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Current buzz is Captain Marvel 2 delayed while Brie addresses concerns about being outshined in sequel concept.

She's worried instead of the failed Spiderman pitch, that they are going to try something else within a Captain Marvel 2 movie where she ends up coming off as a second fiddle.

The "tooling on Spiderman" sequel idea was scrapped when Sony turned it down. Now the current iteration of sequel has Brie potentially being the one getting "tooled" on a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I mean you realize that if there are no actual action stunts this chick doesn't have a job right? lol. I mean if it's just gonna be poses and doing blasts she's not needed. Stunt people make these videos to show off their skills.

I'd fine with Captain Marvel 2 having a really elaborate opening sequence, then the bad guy is introduced, she flies full speed through him and kills him, then its 90 minutes of Brie Larson participating in an episode of German Goo Girls.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IMO just get this stunt chic to play Captain Marvel in the next film. Can't be any worse than Brie as an actor. Also, way too much martials arts, not enough power use (for CM). Still looked cool though.
Pretty bad ass if you ask me. Cant believe people like this, that literally make these action movies happen, we dont even hear about. These are the true stars in these movies IMO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Current buzz is Captain Marvel 2 delayed while Brie addresses concerns about being outshined in sequel concept.

She's worried instead of the failed Spiderman pitch, that they are going to try something else within a Captain Marvel 2 movie where she ends up coming off as a second fiddle.

The "tooling on Spiderman" sequel idea was scrapped when Sony turned it down. Now the current iteration of sequel has Brie potentially being the one getting "tooled" on a bit.
Marvel was huffing some serious glue if they thought Spidey was going to be CM's sidekick. Spidey is Sony's only big winner. its not surprising that they told Marvel to fuck off. Marvel has a Brie Larson problem and they know it. they could have gone the sexy happy route and been fine, sure she doesnt have an ass. but she got some nice looking milkers. if they had put her in a painted on tight superhero outfit and had her be upbeat and friendly that would have gone a long way to pleasing the fanboys, but they went the clunky handbag outfit manhater route. so they get what they got. thats not Sony or Spidey's job to fix.

If Brie wants back in the fold, she needs to drop the woke shit and embrace her inner thot and be the male sexual fantasy that the character was created to be.

ms-marvel-cover.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only way they can save the character is to put her in with Thor and Guardians for a bit as part of a long term plan to pull that giant stick out of her ass. But that would likely ruin those two franchises. But if you made her a straight man character next to Thor (and Hemsworth was the only one she played off of well at all in Endgame), you maybe could salvage something decent. But honestly, if you want a female Marvel lead character for the next wave go get fucking Jessica Beil, Aubry Plaza, or Anne Hathaway out of mothballs to play She Hulk and develop Scarlet Witch some more. Valkyrie is going to have the angry POC carpet muncher woman on lockdown for a long time.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only way they can save the character is to put her in with Thor and Guardians for a bit as part of a long term plan to pull that giant stick out of her ass. But that would likely ruin those two franchises. But if you made her a straight man character next to Thor (and Hemsworth was the only one she played off of well at all in Endgame), you maybe could salvage something decent. But honestly, if you want a female Marvel lead character for the next wave go get fucking Jessica Beil, Aubry Plaza, or Anne Hathaway out of mothballs to play She Hulk and develop Scarlet Witch some more. Valkyrie is going to have the angry POC carpet muncher woman on lockdown for a long time.
Her shit attitude could work, as you say, in the right role. She does play well off of Thor, because he is the guy who can slap the shit out of her. Same with Hulk or Doc Strange. The answer might be in a modified version of the old Defenders (Doc Strange, Hulk, Namor (who left early on), only use Thor, Strange, Hulk and Cap Marvel and have them fight the bad-asses of the universe. You have two straight laced, stick-up-the-ass characters and Thor making fun of them.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Her shit attitude could work, as you say, in the right role. She does play well off of Thor, because he is the guy who can slap the shit out of her. Same with Hulk or Doc Strange. The answer might be in a modified version of the old Defenders (Doc Strange, Hulk, Namor (who left early on), only use Thor, Strange, Hulk and Cap Marvel and have them fight the bad-asses of the universe. You have two straight laced, stick-up-the-ass characters and Thor making fun of them.
Which works even better because Thor started out as the straight guy, the one that didn't get the jokes. Kind of amazing how hugely that character has turned around. But that's also because Hemsworth is fine with making fun of himself and looking like an idiot. Brie would never, ever do that, because in her mind she represents all of womankind, and she can't ever look less than amazing no matter the situation. I've always said that's the one quality that makes an actor relatable, the ability to make fun of themselves. Arnold was the original king of that. Stallone did it. The Rock does it all the time. I feel like that's part of Vin Diesel's problem; he's gotta be the stoic badass all the time in F&F. Fortunately, he's still relatable enough, but he's strayed from his early roots I think. Losing Paul Walker might have contributed to that, I'm not sure. Seemed like he was able to keep Vin more grounded.

I don't think Brie will ever get that level of awareness, as everyone will just continue to blow smoke up her ass until eventually her (non-Marvel) movies flop once she's not held up by dozens of other related movies. I can hope that CM2 flops, but we know it won't. It will at least make a sizable profit, even if not as much as they'd like.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
who's the other straight laced character? i want to say strange, but thor LOVES strange. dude has a mug of infinite ale.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Fucking love this idea. They could completely re-write her character and just move on, like Void said about Thor.

Which works even better because Thor started out as the straight guy, the one that didn't get the jokes. Kind of amazing how hugely that character has turned around. But that's also because Hemsworth is fine with making fun of himself and looking like an idiot. Brie would never, ever do that, because in her mind she represents all of womankind, and she can't ever look less than amazing no matter the situation. I've always said that's the one quality that makes an actor relatable, the ability to make fun of themselves. Arnold was the original king of that. Stallone did it. The Rock does it all the time. I feel like that's part of Vin Diesel's problem; he's gotta be the stoic badass all the time in F&F. Fortunately, he's still relatable enough, but he's strayed from his early roots I think. Losing Paul Walker might have contributed to that, I'm not sure. Seemed like he was able to keep Vin more grounded.

I don't think Brie will ever get that level of awareness, as everyone will just continue to blow smoke up her ass until eventually her (non-Marvel) movies flop once she's not held up by dozens of other related movies. I can hope that CM2 flops, but we know it won't. It will at least make a sizable profit, even if not as much as they'd like.

Very true, BUT, Thor had a few great jokes in Thor 1, like when he's drinking at some restaurant and throws his glass on the ground and demands another, then wants a horse from the pet shop, etc. Just classic fish out of water shit.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
In before a lesbian black muslim tranny is casted to take the role of Capt. Cunt.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Recast her with Emily Blunt. She pulled off a convincing badass in Live, Die, Repeat.

• 1Like