Captain Marvel (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
she's a blond bitch, why isn't she playing that theranos slut that stole millions as a startup?
ht_EH_le_190122_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's Monica Rambeau, aka black Captain Marvel. I think that she is supposed to be the Goose to Danver's Maverick.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wait thats supposedly her real voice? I thought that deep sounding voice was some computer trickery making fun of her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Wait thats supposedly her real voice? I thought that deep sounding voice was some computer trickery making fun of her.

Nope, that's the voice she used during interviews and all...It sounded really unnatural, but she insisted it was her "real voice".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I have mixed feelings about this because I like Shuri from the comics but MCU Shuri is horribly written and completely insufferable. And she wouldn't need his mentoring because her superior Kangz DNA makes her better than him in every way.

If anyone wants a crystal clear example of why people hate the SJW stuff...check out when Bruce Banner and Tony Stark meet. Its a little competitive, but its also mutual admiration, and respect--it was a nice scene, watching Tony compliment Banner and they bonded over their mutual interest in science.

Then check out when Schuri meets Bruce Banner. She immediately rolls her eyes at his "idiocy" for not understanding how to do techno-babble-thing with vision, as if to show how stupid he is compared to her.

The whole empowerment thing makes characters fucking insufferable because the person writing them has this conscious NEED to show them as powerful, and they constantly take the cheapest, easiest, most ham fisted routes to do that--the primary being tearing down known characters to show how much more amazinger the new character is. It's bad enough in Comics when this is done when two new characters have a misunderstanding and fight and one character is Worfed, but at least in those cases there was some conflict (And the MCU has handled this really well, with characters often showing off their best in conflicts, Thor Vs Iron man, rather than being one shot to show how big Thor's dick is). But It comes across as those characters just being assholes if they don't have some conflict already (Like Hank Pym shitting on Tony made sense), and its terrible when there is no back and forth that lets the audience decide who was right/wrong/better and instead its just "this person is the amazing one". (Like Black Panther in Civil War did really well with this.)

But yeah, whether or not Schuri could be good in another role without pissing off the fans comes down almost entirely to her interactions. Does she interact with Tony like a peer, or even look up to him? Does she show some vulnerability and grow? Or does she say "I'm Iron Heart, you just got to deal with it, women can be brave and powerful too!'--the former would make her a great character, the latter will poison the MCU.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If anyone wants a crystal clear example of why people hate the SJW stuff...check out when Bruce Banner and Tony Stark meet. Its a little competitive, but its also mutual admiration, and respect--it was a nice scene, watching Tony compliment Banner and they bonded over their mutual interest in science.

Then check out when Schuri meets Bruce Banner. She immediately rolls her eyes at his "idiocy" for not understanding how to do techno-babble-thing with vision, as if to show how stupid he is compared to her.

The whole empowerment thing makes characters fucking insufferable because the person writing them has this conscious NEED to show them as powerful, and they constantly take the cheapest, easiest, most ham fisted routes to do that--the primary being tearing down known characters to show how much more amazinger the new character is. It's bad enough in Comics when this is done when two new characters have a misunderstanding and fight and one character is Worfed, but at least in those cases there was some conflict (And the MCU has handled this really well, with characters often showing off their best in conflicts, Thor Vs Iron man, rather than being one shot to show how big Thor's dick is). But It comes across as those characters just being assholes if they don't have some conflict already (Like Hank Pym shitting on Tony made sense), and its terrible when there is no back and forth that lets the audience decide who was right/wrong/better and instead its just "this person is the amazing one". (Like Black Panther in Civil War did really well with this.)

But yeah, whether or not Schuri could be good in another role without pissing off the fans comes down almost entirely to her interactions. Does she interact with Tony like a peer, or even look up to him? Does she show some vulnerability and grow? Or does she say "I'm Iron Heart, you just got to deal with it, women can be brave and powerful too!'--the former would make her a great character, the latter will poison the MCU.
TLDR: in order to make womyn awesome, necessary to the plot, and a walking deux machina(smartest ppl couldn't figure shit out but tits n slit from an isolated colony has the answer) they had to stupidize established characters.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Helmet? Zero charisma and screen presence. Makes Gal Gadot Inifinit-el-y more sexy, and I don't really like skinny chicks.

• 2Like