Car Buying Help

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bigger than an Accord? As mentioned earlier, most SUVs will not have a bigger interior than an Accord until you get into the 40k+ range for full size SUVs.

How many kids you planning on having that she is pretending an Accord isn't big enough?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Bigger than an Accord? As mentioned earlier, most SUVs will not have a bigger interior than an Accord until you get into the 40k+ range for full size SUVs.
They'll be taller but not actually more seating space. Small SUV's are retarded vehicles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

How many kids you planning on having that she is pretending an Accord isn't big enough?
2-3, it's not seating space but cabin room I guess. The Civic is tiny. The Accord is a bit bigger, but we're not really sure. I guess I have to have her sit in a few of them to really see what she wants, I was avoiding any trips to any car dealerships until we were narrowing down our search a bit more.

The reason we looked at the crosstour was it has the same or larger interior than a accord.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
An Accord is pretty spacious so if you're looking for a sedan bigger than that your choices are fairly limited. Crown Vic with 22" wheels maybe?

EDIT: If you could fit a slightly used A6 into your budget that's a nice car with a pretty big cabin.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
2-3 kids? Get a Pilot, as close functionally to a mini-van you can get w/o being a "punk as bitch"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We take tons of road trips to upper Michigan and other places every summer. Wifes dad has a place up there, plus we go to lake Michigan and Lake Huron as well. And while we did take my 2012 Impala for a few, its just a pain in the ass. 2 5ft 8 in teens, Me a 6ft2 dude that likes his seat reclined while driving, then the wife which is small but still. Then all the luggage, the cooler, all the shit the kids and wife like taking, FUCK THAT. Its the last time well be taking that Impala. We have a 2004 Ford Expedition with about 60K miles that we have for that shit. Tons more seating room, a 3rd row if we want it, and a shit ton of storage space to throw all of our shit in the back or up top on a roof rack. Plus the ride is so much better in that thing.

Granted regular day to day driving no SUV or Van is needed, but for those extended trips the bigger SUVs are a lifesaver. Plus I can go to home depot, buy full sheets of plywood, drywall or whatever the fuck I need and throw it in the back of the SUV. Cant do that with a fucking civic or elantra, bros.

Thanks, but I think Ill keep my SUV.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I transported a 10 foot A-style ladder no problems in my civic. The seats fold down so you can fit a ton of shit in there.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Midsize sedans like the Accord or Camry do have similar seating space to the CRV or RAV4. But the extra cargo space is really important lugging around a kid and all the things he needs. Or buying tools, machinery, or supplies for regular house work.

Just got back from test driving a CRV, Forester, RAV4, and Rogue, thought I would share my opinions since you might be looking at the same vehicles Noodle. Coming from a 00 Civic and 03 Accent, didn't really find many problems with either. My wife found the Forester a bit cramped and I thought it was a bit underpowered going up hills. Both of us disliked the restricted rear and side views on the CRV. So, it's likely the RAV4 or Rogue. Will have to read up some more on both, see if there's been any recent problems with them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks for the info, not opposed to Toyota or Nissan so we'll consider them. I have a friend that is a Nissan dealer so I'll see what kind of scumbag deals I can work.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the info, not opposed to Toyota or Nissan so we'll consider them. I have a friend that is a Nissan dealer so I'll see what kind of scumbag deals I can work.
Check out the pathfinder. Pretty sweet SUV. I designed the IP on that fucker. Also the new maxima.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Midsize sedans like the Accord or Camry do have similar seating space to the CRV or RAV4. But the extra cargo space is really important lugging around a kid and all the things he needs. Or buying tools, machinery, or supplies for regular house work.

Just got back from test driving a CRV, Forester, RAV4, and Rogue, thought I would share my opinions since you might be looking at the same vehicles Noodle. Coming from a 00 Civic and 03 Accent, didn't really find many problems with either. My wife found the Forester a bit cramped and I thought it was a bit underpowered going up hills. Both of us disliked the restricted rear and side views on the CRV. So, it's likely the RAV4 or Rogue. Will have to read up some more on both, see if there's been any recent problems with them.
gotta go with the 2.0xt forester, otherwise yeah it will be kinda slow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Camrys and Accords are quite a bit bigger in the interior than a CRV or RAV4. Those things are really tiny. There isn't really any extra cargo space either, it's just easier to work with the hatch on the SUV than a trunk in the Accord/Camry.

EDIT: Actually it looks like there is quite a bit more cargo space in a CRV than a Camry and the cabin space is about the same.

Honda CR-V (2016) vs. Toyota Camry (2016) Specs

I don't know why but I've always felt more cramped riding in a CRV than my Camry but that might just be because I'm the one driving the Camry and put my seat wherever the fuck I want

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've also given thought to just having my wife takeover my 13 Accord since she barely drives and me getting a new car. I can't drive the civic though,i have to dump the driver seat all the way back being 6'3"

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Camrys and Accords are quite a bit bigger in the interior than a CRV or RAV4. Those things are really tiny. There isn't really any extra cargo space either, it's just easier to work with the hatch on the SUV than a trunk in the Accord/Camry.

EDIT: Actually it looks like there is quite a bit more cargo space in a CRV than a Camry and the cabin space is about the same.

Honda CR-V (2016) vs. Toyota Camry (2016) Specs

I don't know why but I've always felt more cramped riding in a CRV than my Camry but that might just be because I'm the one driving the Camry and put my seat wherever the fuck I want
To pile on, Avalons are bigger than Camrys also. And stuff like a Lexus LS is limousine-huge in the back seat.

To get "big" back seats in an SUV you need to go to a suburban or sequoia. My X5M felt cramped and my sister in laws GL450 is no better. And those things are fucking huge vehicles. SUV's are dumb but they are fashionable.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to buy the RAV4 hybrid today. Extended the warranty and bought the rust protection since NY salting the roads voids Toyota's default protection. Ended up with a monthly higher than I had anticipated because of that but whatever. Feels weird owning a car with so much technology in it compared to the 00 Civic we traded in.

If you're interested Noodle (or anyone else), I can post further impressions after driving it around some more.