Car ?'s

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You seem unable to understand this thread is for questions and advice while the car thread in FSR is for pictures, stories, and bullshitting.
He’s unable to understand a lot of things, this is just the latest example.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Reminds me of the Elio that ended up a vaporware.
Wouldn't shock me, but the layout and price are really decent for urban driving. If I had a second parking space I would definitely be interested. This would get me to/from work and the store quite nicely. It's a souped up e-bike/golf cart.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

ford just cucked themselves
Musk got his plug to be added by Ford. This is basically the first move to the Tesla plug being the "standard". The legacy ICE makers are going to all have to sign some sort of agreement to use the superchargers. Without a reliable network, EVs are unable to effectively go long distances. The superchargers he built were his ace in the hole. I'm sort of surprised he is giving it up unless the long range plan is to have the legacy company's adapt his charger plug and then help him build our the network as the country standard.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Musk got his plug to be added by Ford. This is basically the first move to the Tesla plug being the "standard". The legacy ICE makers are going to all have to sign some sort of agreement to use the superchargers. Without a reliable network, EVs are unable to effectively go long distances. The superchargers he built were his ace in the hole. I'm sort of surprised he is giving it up unless the long range plan is to have the legacy company's adapt his charger plug and then help him build our the network as the country standard.

$$$

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
what i've seen on youtube is that a lot of the evgo/electrify america/is basically driving into harlem to charge your non tesla car. is a rivian or f150 gonna take up 3 spots? are you gonna play ennie minnee moe, which charger works?

ford hopping on tesla just put all other shitty ev's on notice

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldn't shock me, but the layout and price are really decent for urban driving. If I had a second parking space I would definitely be interested. This would get me to/from work and the store quite nicely. It's a souped up e-bike/golf cart.
I agree. For the price this would save a lot of money for people who do not have to commute on highways. I would consider getting one as I could use it for work and grocery shopping and not have to worry about my truck. I wonder how insurance would be. You would think it would be pretty low given the vehicle cost and size. I would want the version 7 as 45 miles per hour is just about perfect.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree. For the price this would save a lot of money for people who do not have to commute on highways. I would consider getting one as I could use it for work and grocery shopping and not have to worry about my truck. I wonder how insurance would be. You would think it would be pretty low given the vehicle cost and size. I would want the version 7 as 45 miles per hour is just about perfect.

Except it would be a death trap on American roads going up against 5000+ pound trucks and SUVs so Insurance claims could be very high.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
what i've seen on youtube is that a lot of the evgo/electrify america/is basically driving into harlem to charge your non tesla car. is a rivian or f150 gonna take up 3 spots? are you gonna play ennie minnee moe, which charger works?

ford hopping on tesla just put all other shitty ev's on notice
Couple weeks ago I was sitting at a supercharger. It was close to midnight and I was the only one there. Lucid Air comes up. After bullshitting a few he mentions he gets to charge for free at our superchargers.

Turns out, the Lucid charger is driver side just in front of the door hinge. All Tesla charge driver side at the very tail of the car. Cables arent long enough to charge the Air. He ended up having to go sideways across three spots to get the plug to reach. I am pretty sure the E-Mach is in the same location as the Air.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Couple weeks ago I was sitting at a supercharger. It was close to midnight and I was the only one there. Lucid Air comes up. After bullshitting a few he mentions he gets to charge for free at our superchargers.

Turns out, the Lucid charger is driver side just in front of the door hinge. All Tesla charge driver side at the very tail of the car. Cables arent long enough to charge the Air. He ended up having to go sideways across three spots to get the plug to reach. I am pretty sure the E-Mach is in the same location as the Air.
i mean obviously the bestway is to make em like the super heavy traffic gas stations w/ the long either side hose
8ac222a84df115b8c3e631d72ebb70e3.png

but they wanna keep em looking like little kiosks

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i mean obviously the bestway is to make em like the super heavy traffic gas stations w/ the long either side hose
8ac222a84df115b8c3e631d72ebb70e3.png

but they wanna keep em looking like little kiosks
It's also an engineering thing. Gauge of the cable and length are all part of the equation in current flow. You can't just double the length of the cables.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's also an engineering thing. Gauge of the cable and length are all part of the equation in current flow. You can't just double the length of the cables.
The cables are hot to the touch after a charging session, even with them being so short. The new superchargers (I forget if it's the v4 or v3) are supposed to have liquid-cooled cables...

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cables are hot to the touch after a charging session, even with them being so short. The new superchargers (I forget if it's the v4 or v3) are supposed to have liquid-cooled cables...
I hadn't seen that. That's crazy.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yea i remember seeing an eps where a few months ago tesla allowed supercharging w/ an adapter and the dude w/ the f150 almost couldn't make it, theyre so short

he woulda been a park sideways and take up 3 spots to charge, haha

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yea i remember seeing an eps where a few months ago tesla allowed supercharging w/ an adapter and the dude w/ the f150 almost couldn't make it, theyre so short

he woulda been a park sideways and take up 3 spots to charge, haha
I gotta think Elon knows the competing car designs and knows charging them is gonna be an issue. He signs these charging deals with competitors and it's like a giant troll.