Card Hunter

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
is there a coop mode where you can run modules with a friend and you each control a character? something like that would be nice change from straight pvp.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
In case you haven't already, when he asks you to try out PVP, do it even if you aren't interested in it yet. You get a free gear set that can be used by your PVE characters as well, so some of it might be upgrades depending upon what you have.

My biggest problem with PVP was that I haven't seen half of the cards before, so I sat there looking at all of them so I ran out of time. I know that I could have studied them during the equip phase, but I figured I had no idea what sort of synergies I'd want and I'd just see how stuff came up. Unfortunately, that meant I had to read every fucking card almost.

I'm loving the game, but I'm not sure I have the mentality to get into ranked PVP stuff. I've got a long ways to go before level cap, and hopefully by then it gets raised, so we'll see. I bought the premium membership thing to get more loot and to support them, but I can see a point where PVP will be the only thing to do after awhile. I hope that day is a long time coming though.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm loving the pve campaign up to this point. I'm only level 6 but little things like using a move to turn the tank around so he doesn't leave his back exposed and all the positioning really makes the fights fun for me. I've gotten a couple dropped epics already and I can't quit playing, hope the campaign is as long as the map makes it look.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I believe at this point you'll just need to purchase heroes of a different race/class. You can replay pretty much anything, but I don't know of an account wide reset switch.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Soo - race and class discussion !

I went with the boring combo of dwarf fighter, human priest, elf mage. I am seriously wondering if I would have been better off swapping the races for fighter and mage - my dwarf spends most of his time trying to get into position and/or chasing things, whereas my mage frequently discards a bunch of dashes - there's also the hp thing, having my mage killed in two nukes by the trog king was kind of annoying. ( btw fuck that guy and his overpowered card selection ;p )

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
For MP I settled on 3 Humans. Dwarfs get raped by a single frost cone / frost bolt, elves can get one shotted by an obliterating smash (17dmg).

I did get another Legendary item from the epic chest with a card I've never seen before :

Unholy energy won me so many matches. They're so confused when it's time to discard if they should keep the armor to negate the damage or discard the attacks to not take damage.

later edit : the most broken card in the game (and I got 3)

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Is there a way to get rid of characters and hire new ones in their place? If so I can just change things as I go I suppose.

I'm REALLY anal about names.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can rename them at the Keep with the little "stylus" icon next to their name if you're JUST renaming someone - if not when you got to the tavern to hire replacements (can't do until you have all 3 of the originals bought) you can select a name while you're hiring. [10G per or something like that? I've stuck by my original all Elf team so far though - might scale]

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The best way to spend your free Pizza is to buy the MP char packs from the Starter Shop (they come with items as well and you can buy 3 teams and use the chars / items from all of them to make whatever you want). You can also use your SP chars in MP (they autolevel to 18) but I'm not sure if the other way around works.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
My group of dwf/war, hum/cle and elf/mag are level 9 now and man some of those trog fights were rough if my mage didn't get an armor melt card out early. I was having trouble getting the dwarf into melee range early on but after getting some charge cards and run on boots it hasnt been as bad but like velk I thought pretty hard about changing to human war.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
The kobold mines are destroying me around level 6. I have such wimpy attacks without the ability to get them better it seems. Also, the games constant giving me movement cards when I need attack cards is ridiculous sometimes. I'll end up passing a turn and having nothing but fricken movement or armor cards several times in a row and then I just get owned.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I hit the 3 wipes on the same adventure wall for the first time today, at level 11 in "against the cockroaches". Made it on the second batch of 3 attempts though. If anyone is not sure yet you do not need pizza to "buy" a revive and redo the encounter without starting over the whole adventure, it only takes some gold. Could even be more I think, its not much of a penalty for 3 more attempts (was 15g).

I might want replay some adventures for loot though because my friends that got into beta got items/cards at lvl6 that made me think I had the worst luck (like the +2 magic damage aura I had never seen before).

Raign

Golden Squire
My group of dwf/war, hum/cle and elf/mag are level 9 now and man some of those trog fights were rough if my mage didn't get an armor melt card out early. I was having trouble getting the dwarf into melee range early on but after getting some charge cards and run on boots it hasnt been as bad but like velk I thought pretty hard about changing to human war.
Yeah, the last fight with the chieftain and those two "crude plate" stacking guards was the toughest one I have hit yet as well. Took a solid 5 tries for that one.

Went elf warrior, dwarf priest and dwarf mage since I wanted mobility on the warrior and survivability on the other two. Works well. The elf racial slippery is pure gold. Almost wish I had gone with a second one just for that.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unholy energy won me so many matches. They're so confused when it's time to discard if they should keep the armor to negate the damage or discard the attacks to not take damage.

later edit : the most broken card in the game (and I got 3)

I'm surprised that Unholy Energy is good, every time I consider it I get scared off that I am giving them extra card draw. I guess it could be good to use on a low health opponent though.

Focused Healing is great, I tried out a 3 priest group loaded down with Impenetrable Nimbus and Focused Healing. Not much offense but they can control the victory points and pretty much out heal anything. Crumple up bad to anybody good enough to pack a Purge though.

Hovering around the 1400 mark in MP and it starts to get really competitive. I made it up higher and got crushed back down.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I dismissed it at first as well, then I got this item with another Nimbus and couldn't refuse it. First I tried using it on my own chars for extra cards, then i noticed how much damage they were taking from that shit and started using it on enemies. I'd say it's between 5-15 damage over 3 rounds (if you use on a priest/mage).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the last fight with the chieftain and those two "crude plate" stacking guards was the toughest one I have hit yet as well. Took a solid 5 tries for that one.

Went elf warrior, dwarf priest and dwarf mage since I wanted mobility on the warrior and survivability on the other two. Works well. The elf racial slippery is pure gold. Almost wish I had gone with a second one just for that.
That's what Dissolve Armor types and Discard type cards are for!

velk

Trakanon Raider
That's what Dissolve Armor types and Discard type cards are for!
That actually bugged me a bit with the randomness - two attempts not getting any of the armor destroyers until like round 10 and losing badly, one attempt getting it on turn one and blitzing them.