Carnival Row

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wife gave up after 1/2 eps, is it that bad?

uh, depends? why did she give it up? i mean period stuff isn't for everyone, and neither is fantasy? but if she said something stupid then yes, it's bad.

velk

Trakanon Raider
One episode in so far.

The SJW shit is at about background static level. There were a few things that were there (strong independent GI Jane fairy wamman dont need no man, and richest guy in the area is a goat and black ofc), but like I said its about like CMB levels if its intentional.

Vignette *thinks* she's a badass, but yeah, no ;p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Uhhh how did those elements of the show not come together? The former is not only a part of the main plot line but is a catalyst for it. The latter is there to give background for the Philo/Phylo/whatever the fuck.

Meaning they felt more like foils than anything else. It's really more that I was surprised that those characters ended up the way they did and the season ended with more questions than I thought were even being raised halfway through. Like I said, I have a feeling this series is going to be a slow burn. A lot of shows these days are compartmentalized into individual seasons with full resolutions. This was much different and I am not sure what to expect from S2.

Though the wealthy puck and financially struggling brother/sister storyline seems to be a completely divergent storyline that as of the moment doesn't seem to fit

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The fairy dyson powered vacuum vagina is pretty neat, but if a fairy hoover'd up your dick so hard you came off the ground it would desheath your dick.
This is the conversation my wife and I have every time they show this. "That would rip your dick off!"

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This is the conversation my wife and I have every time they show this. "That would rip your dick off!"
Wait the fairies didnt have their legs wrapped around the other people when they were fly fucking?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
She was using her sharp knees to keep him attached

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Wait the fairies didnt have their legs wrapped around the other people when they were fly fucking?
Thats my wifes argument but we haven't spotted any convincing shots showing this. It appears to me the effects people just assumed penises are strong enough to support the weight of a full grown man. Whatever, still hot

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I mean, yours isnt?
Great show, glad to read the Black Ravens will have more to do in S2 as it seems like the story plodded forward and forgot about them. Called the bad guy with the wife, some good twists.
I dunno if it's just me but Orlando Bloom doesnt compel me as a romantic, not in the Pirates movies with Kira Knightly or this chick. He still did a bang up job though, looking forward to s2.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Khane, regarding your spoiler, the showrunners mentioned that will end up serving as our window to shit going on outside the main city, so we'll probably see more Pact stuff or other nations that got fucked by the war.

velk

Trakanon Raider

I had to check this... for Science ! ;p

1567513011378.png

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did like how much the stories dovetailed together towards the end. The overall effect, other than the two who are going on exposition-walkabout, was to act as a sort of prequel. I kept wondering why we were coming back to the theater dude when, in fact, it was just setting him up as the streetwise major domo for the big doofus.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's pretty decent.

A,little heavy handed in parts. Not really a complaint. And I can't believe I'm typing this but... I think it would have benefited from less graphic sex. It was a strong enough story that it didn't really are anything.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's pretty decent.

A,little heavy handed in parts. Not really a complaint. And I can't believe I'm typing this but... I think it would have benefited from less graphic sex. It was a strong enough story that it didn't really are anything.
I felt the one between the puck and the lady were useful to the plot. Between Philo and Vignette, maybe not, but Orlando Blooms strength certainly isn't his romantic side, so... they might kinda had to do it.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I definitely liked this more than I thought as I've re watched it over the last week

iannis

Musty Nester
So here's my question.

When faries scissor, do they scissor their wings too? Do you get a quad-scissor?

These are the important issues that the show leaves unaddressed. I've got questions, damn it!

• 1WTF

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a good reason why the Horuspex chick
had to die? Seems like Piety killed her for no reason? It didnt prevent Horuspex from figuring out it was her and why would Piety think she had any connection to Philo? Did I miss something?