Castlevania

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 4 is available now.

The first episode starts with a recap, and is then picked up following Trevor and Sypha. The quality was consistent with the previous seasons, in regard to their story line.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Good finale. The final final scene wasn't expected at all. But they left the show in a good spot to allow for the spin-offs they mentioned. Presumably they will leap forward in time and focus on other Belmonts.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
A solid end to the series, looking forward to what they do next. My only real complaint is the animation. The art is good, but the animation ranges from good to lousy.

Still a damn good show overall though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A solid end to the series, looking forward to what they do next. My only real complaint is the animation. The art is good, but the animation ranges from good to lousy.

Still a damn good show overall though.
Yeah overall I think the animation was acceptable, but there was some definite moments where it was awful. Think it was the 2nd episode? Sypha had like a minute scene where she was looking down and forlorn but she looked like a downy potato mongoloid

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hah, fucking great.
Alucard to horse:
"A bit less of your shit, please."
Great start. I'll binge this before Monday for sure.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I'd don't really know where they go from here.
Essentially a happy ending. and part of the problem is we see the start middle and end of dracula.

Carmilla could come back. I was a little annoyed with how they never quite gave her a "wreck face" scene. She's got more screen time then dracula himself in the games really... I kindof would have preferred her have killed Isaac. going out on her own terms is the only slight redemption, while they had her on the ropes the whole time. They set up the other 3 vampires beginning to question her ambitions. I would have had her kill Isaac when he attacks. instead of making Isaac this gary stu. then, had the other 3 and Hector turn on her, when they now seen how out of control she is. and have her kill at least the "war general" one, if not both her and her wife, to show Carmilla as not just the "schemer" but also as far beyond them, as dracula was. with Hector, Lenore, and maybe Morana taking her down together.

timeskip issues. well, as stated, they mushed the timeline on dracula to basically 1 lifetime. if they try going into the future. what kind of bullshit are they going to have to pull to make dracula evil again? THIS season was already, evil misguided cults bringing him back. so, they can't really do that again.
even doing prequels, this version of dracula basically went evil only "1 year ago" prior to the story.

Also, I just realized Alucard is 19 in this series. lol. (or 19 when his mom is killed, so 20 I guess when hes awoken.) checking wiki. castlevania 3 was in 1476. lisa died in 1470. sotn was 1797. So, his age was not entirely clear originally, but still would have been mid twenties in 3.

What they can do for prequels.
leon was mentioned already. alchemy was a very big topic this season. so, can do that. Leon, sara and Vampire killers creation. I probably would have put more hints into Vampire killer being "alive" more.

Simon is the most popular traditionally. Quest is the most "rpg" in the first place. so, leaves much open for creating stories.
Castlevania 1: 1691. . and castlevania 2: 1698.

sotn is of course also popular. Each of those both require again... Dracula to be crazy evil, and embodiment of chaos again.

j00t

I'd don't really know where they go from here.
Essentially a happy ending. and part of the problem is we see the start middle and end of dracula.

Carmilla could come back. I was a little annoyed with how they never quite gave her a "wreck face" scene. She's got more screen time then dracula himself in the games really... I kindof would have preferred her have killed Isaac. going out on her own terms is the only slight redemption, while they had her on the ropes the whole time. They set up the other 3 vampires beginning to question her ambitions. I would have had her kill Isaac when he attacks. instead of making Isaac this gary stu. then, had the other 3 and Hector turn on her, when they now seen how out of control she is. and have her kill at least the "war general" one, if not both her and her wife, to show Carmilla as not just the "schemer" but also as far beyond them, as dracula was. with Hector, Lenore, and maybe Morana taking her down together.

timeskip issues. well, as stated, they mushed the timeline on dracula to basically 1 lifetime. if they try going into the future. what kind of bullshit are they going to have to pull to make dracula evil again? THIS season was already, evil misguided cults bringing him back. so, they can't really do that again.
even doing prequels, this version of dracula basically went evil only "1 year ago" prior to the story.

Also, I just realized Alucard is 19 in this series. lol. (or 19 when his mom is killed, so 20 I guess when hes awoken.) checking wiki. castlevania 3 was in 1476. lisa died in 1470. sotn was 1797. So, his age was not entirely clear originally, but still would have been mid twenties in 3.

What they can do for prequels.
leon was mentioned already. alchemy was a very big topic this season. so, can do that. Leon, sara and Vampire killers creation. I probably would have put more hints into Vampire killer being "alive" more.

Simon is the most popular traditionally. Quest is the most "rpg" in the first place. so, leaves much open for creating stories.
Castlevania 1: 1691. . and castlevania 2: 1698.

sotn is of course also popular. Each of those both require again... Dracula to be crazy evil, and embodiment of chaos again.
yes and no. first, i think the stories of trevor and sypha are done. probably alucard too. but the belmonts themselves have plenty of stories i mean, the house of belmont MEANT something before trevor's time. they could do a prequal of sorts and focus on leon belmont and the rise of the belmonts as monster hunters.

they could also do some time jumps... ultimately with dracula alive there's GOING to be problems down the line. lisa is GOING to die. he's not going to turn her and at some point he's going to be left to his own devices. perfect time to bring in simon or some of the others [/spoilers]

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Didn't the writer, or one of the writers for this show get #metoo'ed or something? Won't have to worry very much about a spinoff

• 1Garbage

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea Warren Ellis; likely part of the reason it ended at season 4 so they could "distance" themselves from him.

• 1Pathetic

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This show continues to be fucking awesome. That is some proper boss fights.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am fine with the show being finished. I felt they ended it on a good note. I enjoyed it while it ran and felt that it captured the mood well in conjunction with the video game.

buffy the vampire slayer thumbs up GIF

j00t

Didn't the writer, or one of the writers for this show get #metoo'ed or something? Won't have to worry very much about a spinoff
warren ellis. i don't really know or care about the details, but from what i understood he was mostly just being credited and had less and less to do with the show after like season 2, i think? either way season 4 just had him credited.

Malakriss

warren ellis. i don't really know or care about the details, but from what i understood he was mostly just being credited and had less and less to do with the show after like season 2, i think? either way season 4 just had him credited.
Studio used his full scripts for season 4 which he finished prior to the allegations coming out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Studio used his full scripts for season 4 which he finished prior to the allegations coming out.
did they? i read an article a few months back that said they didn't use anything from him for season 4. like i said, i couldn't really care less about any of that stuff so i haven't been following it. can't even remember where the article was, other than it being one of those stupid outlets like screen rant.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished, great final season. The giant vampire chick in the armor and massive sword reminded me of Berserk.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, that scene felt like a demo reel for a Berzerk adaptation done by this studio. I would support that lol

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Just binged the last season over two nights. What a great final season. Season 1 and 4 are the best. I almost gave up on this show after season 2 because of the Carmilla stuff, but I'm very glad I didn't.

This is the best show/movie ever based off a video game by far. I'm curious to see which way they go for future shows. Simon seems the obvious way to go, but who knows.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just binged the last season over two nights. What a great final season. Season 1 and 4 are the best. I almost gave up on this show after season 2 because of the Carmilla stuff, but I'm very glad I didn't.

This is the best show/movie ever based off a video game by far. I'm curious to see which way they go for future shows. Simon seems the obvious way to go, but who knows.
Season 3 was rough for me just due to the pace. It was very slow throughout. The story was still interesting and stuff was just a lot of setup. The payoff in s4 was great though. I know they were forced to finish it this season so they probably rushed it but I was good with that. I don’t really like when they drag stuff out just for the sake of extending it. This wrapped up every plot line nicely and didn’t feel rushed, it just felt like it was ready to tie it all up.