Castlevania

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons hrmm wonder what came first, castlvania lore or DnDs ravenholm. Both use the tied to the castle bit, both are pissed off because their women was killed, both wage war against humans etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Just as Issac said to the demon guy - "But you ended up in hell anyway?" - so here is this demon, who used to be a Greek philosopher who was like "Religion is WRONG and BULLSHIT, just open free thinking and contemplation is the TRUE PATH." - then he is killed because he essentially is branded a heritic, and is like "Screw you guys! your religious dogma is bull!" and then dies... and...GETS SENT TO HELL BECAUSE HE WAS WRONG - then he comes back via a forgemaster reanimation... and is like "Screw these religious dudes, they are wrong! full of shit!" - no dude, you were wrong, you picked wrong and got cast into hell for it... the show constantly acknowledges the existence of heaven and hell- a right and wrong

you didn’t listen closely enough. He didn’t go to hell because of his philosophy, he went to hell because he attempted to save himself by giving up others. Of course, the paradox is also presented that he was only put into that situation because he was being singled out for his philosophy, which isn’t lost on the fly dude

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons hrmm wonder what came first, castlvania lore or DnDs ravenholm. Both use the tied to the castle bit, both are pissed off because their women was killed, both wage war against humans etc.
I think I made a post about this.

Ravenloft is first. 1983.
Vampire hunter D, later in 1983.
Castlevania 1986.
Jojo's bizarre adventure 1987.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

you didn’t listen closely enough. He didn’t go to hell because of his philosophy, he went to hell because he attempted to save himself by giving up others. Of course, the paradox is also presented that he was only put into that situation because he was being singled out for his philosophy, which isn’t lost on the fly dude

Ehh either way, the point remains that the world knows and acknowledges a heaven and hell - but then are dubious when someone from hell says why they were cast there.

And I unfortunately had to watch that scene in 3 little sittings at night because the pregger wife was like "turn that shit off!" - did he afirm the reason why he was cast to hell or was it just what the thought the reason was.... also I think its funny the entire conversation starts with "I dont really remember....okay let me recite everything"

I think I made a post about this.

Ravenloft is first. 1983.
Vampire hunter D, later in 1983.
Castlevania 1986.
Jojo's bizarre adventure 1987.

Ravenloft is deff first, as the motivation for Dracula was not really set in stone - Castlevania lore-wise until LoI and SOTN... its a kind of dual purpose... he has his motivations in LoI but you figure he has calmed the f down by the time he meets Lisa, as he marries Lisa etc while he is Dracula/Vampire - and it re-starts his war v humans... The thing is Lisa obviously happens before CV3 as that's where Alucard came from.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Simon's Quest. Never forget. That game was awesome.

In one of the last episodes of S3 Isaac says something that includes "...what a beautiful night..." and I thought they were going to have a play on the phrase from Simon's Quest, "What a horrible night to have a curse." that came up like every 45s playing the game.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched season 1 when it came out and just watched season 2 and 3 together (actually re-watched season 1 so the wife and I went through the whole series). Absolutely loved it and I enjoyed season 3 even more so. Love the little details, such as the items and flail/chain whip, thrown in to add fan service that are added seamlessly. The wife never played any of the games and loved the series as well so you don't have to be a fan of the games to enjoy the show.

Siliconemelons

Finally finished it...

I must have missed some parts...

Isaac and the mind control dude, who was he? But awesome legion interpretation... he got the mirror and it, showed him the blind witch? Yay....

Asian twins and Alucard plot was??? Screen time?

Why make the head village guy a closet child killer? No reason other than "lulz no one is good in this world"

Gremaine was great, his lines were hilarious - using the infinite corridor to find hell and revive Dracula...fun

Cybsled

Mind control dude was just some random powerful mage.

Alucard B plot was basically filler and presumably to setup his character later (since he ends on a very dark note)

Child killer dude was more about order...I don’t think he singled out kids because they were kids, but because kids were less able to abide by his rules. At least that was the impression I got. He was ultra OCD and the rowdy kids kept tracking in mud on his “perfectly ordered” town.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Mind control dude was just some random powerful mage.

Alucard B plot was basically filler and presumably to setup his character later (since he ends on a very dark note)

Child killer dude was more about order...I don’t think he singled out kids because they were kids, but because kids were less able to abide by his rules. At least that was the impression I got. He was ultra OCD and the rowdy kids kept tracking in mud on his “perfectly ordered” town.

He kept Trophy's that is what made it sinister, very much a you slight me I kill you type of dude.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Warren Ellis was already out after Season 4 anyways since he got MeTooed, so this isn't surprising.

May 13th

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Sounds like they want to do other Castlevania shows with a different cast from that article, which is doable considering the game series. SoTN takes place in the 1700s if I recall, for instance.

I do hope S4 ends on a satisfying note

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
excited andy samberg GIF

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users