Castlevania

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's gotta be tough for a guy like you to make it through even a single day in a city like New York. What with all the "fags" and all. Stay away from SoHo!
You are not a smart man

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You are not a smart man

To like minds!

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The sex torture murder scene was silly at best.

there arefour plots right now and the only good one is Sypha and Trevor. And even then the whole St Germaine thing was a mess and I have no idea who he is or what his story was

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Isaac story is stupid. Is he gaining faith in humanity or is he just going to be the villain in two seasons?

lesbian vampire castle is stupid and a waste of time. Way to ruin an actually somewhat interested season2 arc with Camilla and Hector, but adding dykes and anime thots

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Also love that the all powerful Alucard who has spent decades in hibernation lost his mind in 30 days alone

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished the most recent season. Was fine I guess, but it seems likely that the Carmilla thread will be central to season 4. Not sure that'll be all that great. It's kind of amusing though how worked up people are about Alucard getting some weiner.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Isaac story is stupid. Is he gaining faith in humanity or is he just going to be the villain in two seasons?

lesbian vampire castle is stupid and a waste of time. Way to ruin an actually somewhat interested season2 arc with Camilla and Hector, but adding dykes and anime thots

Worst thing about the Isaac story is it's the exact same shit over and over. "I'm going to give humans one chance. They were mean! I'm going to kill them all! Found a nice one! Guess I'll randomly give them a chance again but if someone is mean...." The vampire lesbos are just boring. They've lived for centuries and one finally got the genius idea to use a forgemaster for minions? Did they actually pay someone to write that shit?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just finished the most recent season. Was fine I guess, but it seems likely that the Carmilla thread will be central to season 4. Not sure that'll be all that great. It's kind of amusing though how worked up people are about Alucard getting some weiner.
Only because it wasn't Trevor's.

Khane

Worst thing about the Isaac story is it's the exact same shit over and over. "I'm going to give humans one chance. They were mean! I'm going to kill them all! Found a nice one! Guess I'll randomly give them a chance again but if someone is mean...." The vampire lesbos are just boring. They've lived for centuries and one finally got the genius idea to use a forgemaster for minions? Did they actually pay someone to write that shit?

Weren't all the vampires surprised to find forgemasters still existed when they were called to Dracula's castle? Isn't that the plot point? Everyone thought forgemastery was a long forgotten craft?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Weren't all the vampires surprised to find forgemasters still existed when they were called to Dracula's castle? Isn't that the plot point? Everyone thought forgemastery was a long forgotten craft?

Maybe so. I could be getting it wrong and invalidating that point. That does make more sense even if the Isaac storyline is terrible.

Khane

Yes, Isaac is a sanctimonious brat.

"Sir, you've got a horde of bloodthirsty, human eating monsters behind you. We cannot allow you to enter our city"
"You human scum are all the same!"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have no stake in the series Castlevania, played the shit out of SotN and that is about it. This show is fucking awesome, the art man...they spent that money. Voice acting is top notch, that little scene where Isaac is talking to one of his "beasties" was some of the best writing I have seen in a long time. Really gave some insight as to what motivates those that have gone to hell, how twisted they get etc.
Talking to a friend that knows the lore and he is very annoyed they are "wasting time" with all this. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the shitty animation studios are busy sticking crayons up their nose and pumping out retarded crap like Thundercats Roar. I'm all for quality animation on streaming services, TV has failed us in that regard.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they would have included this music video somehow into this series... wow.

They could have reworked this video for the series easily.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

I have no stake in the series Castlevania, played the shit out of SotN and that is about it. This show is fucking awesome, the art man...they spent that money. Voice acting is top notch, that little scene where Isaac is talking to one of his "beasties" was some of the best writing I have seen in a long time. Really gave some insight as to what motivates those that have gone to hell, how twisted they get etc.
Talking to a friend that knows the lore and he is very annoyed they are "wasting time" with all this. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

The talk about hell was actually funny... because there is this fact in these type of settings they avoid, and only use "Religion is bad bruh" as a crutch - but they all are accepting heaven and hell are REAL.

Just as Issac said to the demon guy - "But you ended up in hell anyway?" - so here is this demon, who used to be a Greek philosopher who was like "Religion is WRONG and BULLSHIT, just open free thinking and contemplation is the TRUE PATH." - then he is killed because he essentially is branded a heritic, and is like "Screw you guys! your religious dogma is bull!" and then dies... and...GETS SENT TO HELL BECAUSE HE WAS WRONG - then he comes back via a forgemaster reanimation... and is like "Screw these religious dudes, they are wrong! full of shit!" - no dude, you were wrong, you picked wrong and got cast into hell for it... the show constantly acknowledges the existence of heaven and hell- a right and wrong...

Once think I did NOT like that they threw away from S1 to S2 was that there are good and proper monks/priests etc. (Town scene, holy water working and not working etc.) and then in S2 they just have a reanimated obviously evil corrupted priest "bless" the river and it worked - this broke their own rules imo.

As for where this is going in relations to the established game lore...The game content of CV3 was about 1 - 2 episodes of S1, getting Alucard and Sypha - and then 1-2 episodes of S2, attacking the castle and fighting Dracula.

Lore wise- after CV3 came Curse of Darkness for xbox- you are Hector and it starts in the ruins of the castle from CV3... Issac is the bad guy and it all revolves around a plot to resurrect Dracula. You meet Trevor, Saint Germain and Death in disguise. Eventually junk happens and it turns out they were planning on using you - Hector - to be the vessle / sacrifice to rez Drac.. or was it Trevor? anway - it does not work and Death betrays Issac and uses him / kills him to rez Drac...you kill Drac.. lore over until, I think CV1. Throughout the lore of CV dracula returns either by summon/rez or "naturally" every 100 years.

Castlevania - the castle itself is a form of a demon, or "a creature of chaos" - and is a kind of horcrux for Dracula...in a way...ehh its kinda both ways... anywho... that is why when they "killed dracula" and the castle was still there in the show I was like "he is not dead" but...they are not seeming to care about that lore (yet?)

So that is why Dracula always can come back, the "core" of the Castle is never killed, they always just "kill" Dracula and the castle retreats until Drac is rez/summoned/returns- so they finally figure this out and in 1999 Juste Belmont some how seals the Castle in an eclipse of a moon? Yeah dont ask me... anywho... Draculas spirit is still seeking return, but cannot do it normally as well...the castle is stuck "IN THE MOON" - but the eclipse comes around once every...whenver the game is set... and this is Aria of Sorrows and Dawn of Sorrows. In the end of those two games, two things are done... The core of the castle is killed (AoS) and never to return, breaking the horcrux / link etc. and then in DoS - the evil spirits and power of dominance over the evil creatures etc. is suppressed and the hateful spirit of Dracula is quelled. - I belive the VENGEFUL spirit of dracula is done at the end of SOTN when Alucard basically son-shames his dad at the end, "Dude, your at war with humans for the past centuries because of mom, she would NOT want you to do that...hurdur..." - "Oh, snap...okay... AARRGGHHHH"