Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What we need to do is get together and take a giant shit on the savage bloods market and drive the price down. Then buy all the low cost bloods and relist them for 500g profit per unit. Only having 10k gold limits my ability to shit on anything.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What we need to do is get together and take a giant shit on the savage bloods market and drive the price down. Then buy all the low cost bloods and relist them for 500g profit per unit. Only having 10k gold limits my ability to shit on anything.
I'd advise against doing this, bloods are pretty much useless with all the free gear getting handed out elsewhere.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you are running simcraft on yourself and comparing it to something like butcher, do keep in mind that simcraft is 100% uptime with perfect prepot and your uptime is going to be lower no matter what, so adjust by that to start. "light movement" is a slightly more realistic profile for even the most basic encounter. Also, if someone else of the same class keeps beating your active time, you might be doing something wrong. (or they might be standing in fire a shitload, or the lower guy was busy handling some mechanic that forced him off boss like out of range kronut bombs, or it's just plain bullshit luck - so many variables, see?)

I've been helped a lot by having someone else go over my logs before. At the time I didn't realize just how high priority living bomb was, iirc. And I just fidget too much to ever be good as a rooted caster. But sometimes the advice you are given can be contrary to your gear. Simcrafting yourself will sometimes show you that that works for icy veins doesn't actually work for you. (this is far less true now with all the 6.0 changes to eliminate breakpoints and dot snapshotting and clipping and all that shit. Lots of bullshit complexity is gone now, yay. One size really does nearly fit all now. Only set bonuses and trinkets will significantly change things.)

Simcraft/IV also may have you using an overly complicated and rng-prone setup just to gain a few hundred dps, which in the real world actually lowers your damage. See: Focusing Shot. ("I can't do that mechanic guys, I'm using a build that roots me in place that sims for 150 more deeps" - yeah, good luck with that)

One of the poopsockiest min/max topics you'll see is "should I clip x cast if y spell becomes available (or cast nothing to save half a GCD?)" And the answer to that is.. fuck it we aren't Method. Don't use clip macros, you'll just fuck yourself up and clip spells on accident. (does any class even worry over this any more? I know marks hunters were discussing it. Fuck that noise, you'll just screw yourself)

PS: Extra coffee + boring year-end accounting shit work + lots of alt tabbing. Apologies for the wall of babbling, hopefully there was something useful in there.

Tenks

What hurts my DPS a bit on Koragh is I always seem to bite the bullet and be the melee DPS with fire that completely disengages because there is no where left to spread around the boss. That and I'm a bit reluctant to get near him until DBM announces someone took the buff from him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What hurts my DPS a bit on Koragh is I always seem to bite the bullet and be the melee DPS with fire that completely disengages because there is no where left to spread around the boss. That and I'm a bit reluctant to get near him until DBM announces someone took the buff from him.
Hey man I appreciate guys that do that. There's a lot of bros who will run beside me while I'm tanking with the fire debuff. I can't move or I'll fuck everyone up, but here comes Timmy McMouthbreather to fuck me up.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hey man I appreciate guys that do that. There's a lot of bros who will run beside me while I'm tanking with the fire debuff. I can't move or I'll fuck everyone up, but here comes Timmy McMouthbreather to fuck me up.
Krassus always ran into me on Imp final phase that fuck face

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Some chucklehead was immediately mass dispelling the melee in LFR. He didn't manage to kill anyone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Krassus always ran into me on Imp final phase that fuck face
On Imp I basically have to say "fuck you" to anyone in the way. If they are in proximity they get the boom.

Zastlyn, Saturday is what I meant as that's all I usually raid.

Speaking of that, are we doing HM Normal on Wednesdays anymore? Didn't see it on calendar.

Tenks

I thought Wednesday was still the normal night. At least I was planning on attending it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I try to find a spot while it's ticking down, and if I can't then I run out of melee range when there's like 2-3 seconds left before the explosion. It works out ok as long as someone else standing next to me doesn't have the same idea and runs in the exact same direction.

Tenks

I try to find a spot while it's ticking down, and if I can't then I run out of melee range when there's like 2-3 seconds left before the explosion. It works out ok as long as someone else standing next to me doesn't have the same idea and runs in the exact same direction.
Thats my fear is someone else is just waiting for DBM to scream at them to spread and we both run away in similar directions. So I just disengage with like 5-6 seconds left on the debuff to assert "This is my territory" to anyone on range finder. Which just happens to make it so most other people's range finders should also be green as well which were near me. I do it because I feel it is safest and best for the raid but it seems in this era of WoW everyone is so log and DPS chart centric it may just detract from my personal stats since it won't show up on any logs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thats my fear is someone else is just waiting for DBM to scream at them to spread and we both run away in similar directions. So I just disengage with like 5-6 seconds left on the debuff to assert "This is my territory" to anyone on range finder. Which just happens to make it so most other people's range finders should also be green as well which were near me. I do it because I feel it is safest and best for the raid but it seems in this era of WoW everyone is so log and DPS chart centric it may just detract from my personal stats since it won't show up on any logs.
As long as you aren't mass dispelling and wiping the raid... oops!

Just kidding.

Vorph

Definitely do whatever you're comfortable with.

It's a little less of an issue for me as a DK. I try to remember to pop AMS on Expel Fire when the DoT hits <5 seconds. That way I absorb most/all of the unavoidable damage, and if two of us end up close together at the end then I take very little/no damage and the healers only have to deal with one person who took a hit (it's only 55-60k on normal and like 80k on heroic). Generally it's not a problem anyway unless there's like 6+ melee in the raid.

As a rogue, you should be able to CoS the DoT off yourself (get clear of others first of course), and then Feint the AOE if you see someone else is going to blow you up.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Definitely do whatever you're comfortable with.

It's a little less of an issue for me as a DK. I try to remember to pop AMS on Expel Fire when the DoT hits <5 seconds. That way I absorb most/all of the unavoidable damage, and if two of us end up close together at the end then I take very little/no damage and the healers only have to deal with one person who took a hit (it's only 55-60k on normal and like 80k on heroic). Generally it's not a problem anyway unless there's like 6+ melee in the raid.

As a rogue, you should be able to CoS the DoT off yourself (get clear of others first of course), and then Feint the AOE if you see someone else is going to blow you up.
Rogue can cloak the actual cast and never get the dot at all

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So that fire damage should be avoided but is that a major mechanic people have seen causing wipes? I feel like ball soakers, dealing with shadow and having a clean add transition are really the keys to that fight. Spread out for fire but if a couple people overlap that shouldn't cause anyone to die.

Vorph

Yeah, Expel Fire is only a big deal if you get 3+ people hitting each other with it. Mass Dispel is actually a valid strategy as long as the priest gives the melee a few second warning before doing it.

Tenks

I don't use CoS enough mainly because I don't exactly know its interaction with all mechanics. I'm sure it is something I can work on along with feint to lower my incoming damage as well.