Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you got boa's? If not and you dont really have any significant stuff on your original account you ought to highly consider just making a new account and getting RaF'd for the 300% exp boost so you can level super fast if you're wanting to get up to end game stuff and garrisons. Just make sure you RaF with someone with the time to match to play with you etc. If you look on mmo-champs forums too there are lots that will actually pay you in gold and other things to RaF you because they want mounts n the like.

Or I know you're saying from level 1 but if you got the draenor expansion on your current account, you should have the ability to boost one toon automatically to 90 for free so you could also consider that, though if you've never played a druid before(or most anything) it might be a steep learning curve from there hehe.

Anyway just thought I'd throw that out to ya.
I believe what he's saying is he's going to level the druid from 1 and if at some point he says "fuck it" and hates the class he's going to yolo swag boost his warlock to 90 to forget the pain.

You don't really even need to RAF unless you want to be at max level within a day or two. For someone who hasn't played in a long time, levelling through the content can be nice. And it's so easy to level now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you got boa's? If not and you dont really have any significant stuff on your original account you ought to highly consider just making a new account and getting RaF'd for the 300% exp boost so you can level super fast if you're wanting to get up to end game stuff and garrisons. Just make sure you RaF with someone with the time to match to play with you etc. If you look on mmo-champs forums too there are lots that will actually pay you in gold and other things to RaF you because they want mounts n the like.

Or I know you're saying from level 1 but if you got the draenor expansion on your current account, you should have the ability to boost one toon automatically to 90 for free so you could also consider that, though if you've never played a druid before(or most anything) it might be a steep learning curve from there hehe.

I believe what he's saying is he's going to level the druid from 1 and if at some point he says "fuck it" and hates the class he's going to yolo swag boost his warlock to 90 to forget the pain.

You don't really even need to RAF unless you want to be at max level within a day or two. For someone who hasn't played in a long time, levelling through the content can be nice. And it's so easy to level now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I managed to level my monk to 9 before I yolo swag boosted to 90. Then again I've always hated leveling in WoW. I never had alts in vanilla because I always got to like 30'ish and said fuck it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't have anyone to match time with and the only heirlooms that I have is a leather chest and sword. I just bought some guild vendor leather stuff.

Leveling seems easy enough. I'm like 27 now as a healer.

Noodle is right. I'm going to level like this and if I get remorseful on the druid, I'll hit up my Warlock to 90 and go from there.

Resto is fun so far I guess.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are we still planning a normal raid on Wed? It's not on the calendar so I am curious.
Put one up and you can count on me and I can for sure bring some friends. I would like to avoid the issues we had last week though, I didn't post defending anyone but you know I sent tells HOURS before we went into HM and didn't get a response until 10 minutes after the raid started. We also had 2 tanks with Daidraco and were short only ONE healer and you guys called it which I never would have done especially on a normal. We pug half of our raid sometimes in heroics, especially doing heroic imperator 6x a week so youll be fine if one single pug healer comes.

Just my 2c Noodle to try and avoid people coming to air their grievances on social media again like last week over just simple lack of communication. I haven't seen a_skeleton_03 around so its going to have to be someone from RR who steps up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm at work so I can't throw one up until later but I can form it up if no one is around. You sent me tells, that I know, but my wife was on the PC and didn't tell me.................. so let's blame her.

I was also in a piss-poor mood last week so that attributed to me giving up.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have anyone to match time with and the only heirlooms that I have is a leather chest and sword. I just bought some guild vendor leather stuff.

Noodle is right. I'm going to level like this and if I get remorseful on the druid, I'll hit up my Warlock to 90 and go from there.

Just be aware you have to go and quest to kill stuff in WoD to do all the storylines, get your garrison going, and get followers. You can't dungeon-level through WoD or your shit will be all fucked.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm at work so I can't throw one up until later but I can form it up if no one is around. You sent me tells, that I know, but my wife was on the PC and didn't tell me.................. so let's blame her.

I was also in a piss-poor mood last week so that attributed to me giving up.
NP just playing the devils advocate so people don't freak out posting again blaming Fart and others for simply helping. We have a lot of people that will gladly attend Weds but just need to make sure we communicate our plans, when you throw up the calendar let me know and Ill help you fill it out bae.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll do it tonight.. and I don't mind pugs really, just hoping not to pug another tank. That guy made me sad in the pants.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll do it tonight.. and I don't mind pugs really, just hoping not to pug another tank. That guy made me sad in the pants.
PUG tanks are either GD amazing or total trash, we tried running Brews new monk through heroics yesterday and idiot tanks died to tiger cages and kept epeen taunting off each other instead of controlling stacks.

Cad's idea of 10pm works for me too instead of 9pm, it only takes an hour to get through 7/7 on normal granted we most likely wont do Imp unless people are expd.

Ceder_sl

shitlord

Gotcha gotcha. Also if you havent, you ought to get a guildy to enchant the boa gear for you that you do have to use as enchants/enhancements scale like the gear now. It'd at least help some I guess.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
PUG tanks are either GD amazing or total trash, we tried running Brews new monk through heroics yesterday and idiot tanks died to tiger cages and kept epeen taunting off each other instead of controlling stacks.

Cad's idea of 10pm works for me too instead of 9pm, it only takes an hour to get through 7/7 on normal granted we most likely wont do Imp unless people are expd.
I tried leveling as a tank on a warrior years ago. Made the mistake of having a friend 5man the whole time leveling with me do a healer though they had lots of tank experience and would give some advice etc. While some of the advice they gave was helpful, when they stopped playing and I was still leveling in the 70's, it quickly became apparent that I should've learned how to have different healers while I tank and adapt on the fly instead because I went from feeling pretty good about what I was doing to ending up feeling I was just plain horrible. I've not tried to be a tanks since and never tried to heal for the same worried considerations since either.

I guess one of these days I should just bite the bullet and level as a tank and healer again on something and see if I can handle it again but just seems not worth the vitriol when you make a mistake or get people who just are there to grief you etc.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know when they changed tanking to being fairly faceroll but ... its fairly faceroll. There isn't really a concept of threat management anymore. You generate so much threat that holding it is trivial. It seems it is more about using actives to try and mitigate damage and avoid standing in fire than anything else and making sure to have awareness to pick up adds. I found tanking in vanilla rather fun because it was a competition between how much threat I could put out versus how much the DPS could generate. I didn't really care for tanking when I came back, though.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

I'll never get experienced on Imp because every raid we do either doesn't try him or tries him once and then stops.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Just be aware you have to go and quest to kill stuff in WoD to do all the storylines, get your garrison going, and get followers. You can't dungeon-level through WoD or your shit will be all fucked.
Add to this as well, make sure you get the addon handynotes and the draenor treasures and the mop treasures modules for it too. It puts on your main and mini map the locations of treasures and rares. In Draenor many of them give garrison resources which you'll desperately need(especially if while leveling you use the exp boost potions you can buy from the innkeeper in your garrison, though dont buy too many as you'll not have resources for buildings and building upgrades.

The treasures are rather important because you get the equivalent(in the mop zones too) of a quest turn in or more in many cases. If you use guild standards(once you unlock them with the guild upon getting enough rep in the guild) that you can buy from the guild vendor, you can plop them down before you loot a treasure and the bonus stacks.

Also when in the draenor zones always make sure you do the events(crossed swords on the draenor zone maps) they're the equivalent of 3-4 quest turnins or more upon completion. Even if you dont do all the quests in a zone as you level, at least complete all the event objectives because the exp is just too good not to.

And once you hit 100, if you've not done all the zone quests, doing most if not all is still good because many award garrison resources and followers (as cad mentioned) and faction reps too(which at higher rep ranks let you purchase more followers you might want and other things).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know when they changed tanking to being fairly faceroll but ... its fairly faceroll. There isn't really a concept of threat management anymore. You generate so much threat that holding it is trivial. It seems it is more about using actives to try and mitigate damage and avoid standing in fire than anything else and making sure to have awareness to pick up adds. I found tanking in vanilla rather fun because it was a competition between how much threat I could put out versus how much the DPS could generate. I didn't really care for tanking when I came back, though.
The change shifted from a threat/mitigation type of situation to WOD where it is more of a mitigation/movement/placement situation. We need to be aware of everything going on in the raid to a better degree now than ever before. At a certain point in vanilla it was fairly faceroll, you just sat there hitting devastate to 5 stacks and hitting revenge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll never get experienced on Imp because every raid we do either doesn't try him or tries him once and then stops.
Bro if you are on this Saturday I have commented that we are letting the people leave who want to then going for an imp kill. I'll stay up to a couple hours for people that need it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The change shifted from a threat/mitigation type of situation to WOD where it is more of a mitigation/movement/placement situation. We need to be aware of everything going on in the raid to a better degree now than ever before. At a certain point in vanilla it was fairly faceroll, you just sat there hitting devastate to 5 stacks and hitting revenge.
It was still moderately difficult compared to what it is now, back then taunt functioned completely differently. Didn't it only match you with (highest threat # + 1) for the duration of the taunt, if you didn't actually increase the aggro you would drop down to where you were?

Plus later they buffed the threat generation of tanks to 300% of what it was, then again in cata from 300% to 500% where it just became a complete non-issue lol