Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So with hunter pets how do I hunt down that majestic goat pet Vorph used? I hate using pets but I am about to make an exception.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dear god that shadow priest dps, i thought it was a disc priest trying to bring back attonement LOL
Nope, it was bad. First time raiding as shadow and clearly I didn't do enough. Also the 635 weapon hurts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone awhile back posted tips for shadow priests but I don't know if it was this thread or the other WOW thread.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So with hunter pets how do I hunt down that majestic goat pet Vorph used? I hate using pets but I am about to make an exception.
My goat isStompy, because he has a unique appearance. He's one of the rare (not really, should be up pretty much always) elites that is permanently stealthed in MoP. You have to use Flare to flush him out, then an ice trap to keep him in the flare since we no longer have Hunter's Mark to prevent stealth, and finally tame pet to get him. You can only find him by flying high above the mountain area of Kun-Lai and watching for his footprints below. It was really easy, took me like 5 minutes.

Or if you just want a black or white one, they're all over the place out there.

Speaking of hunters, after having done normal and heroic a few times now, I am convinced that there's no reason to use anything but the Thrill-Crows-Barrage-Focusing Shot spec for any fight as Survival. Steady Focus can be subbed in for Thrill, but Thrill is really nice when it procs and the RNG isn't that bad. There isn't a single fight with so much movement that FS is ever an issue once you learn when the movement phases will be coming.
---------------------
DK Stuff: If you DPS as DK at all, readthis. Everything you need to know about unholy and frost after the dust settled from the hotfixes this week.

TL;DR - Unholy still king for every fight except Butcher, but you use Unholy Blight/Necrotic Plague now instead of Leech/Defile. It's a strange 'rotation' so I suggest reading the Festerblight section of the guide even if you just skim the rest. 2H Frost wins on Butcher for the simple reason that if you pop Pillar of Ice at the same time you pre-pot on the pull and then use it on cooldown afterwards, Pillar will be active for every Bounding Charge during the fight. While Pillar is up, you cannot be knocked back, which means you will have enough extra uptime on the boss for 2HF to pull ahead on dps. (Can use 2HF on Kargath too, if you don't get sent up into the stands.) DWF is shit until BRF gear, which is very disappointing, but at least I can stop obsessing over Butcher axes and just wait to get swords from H-Gruul.

I suggest continuing to gem/ench for multistrike because it's best for unholy and a close second to haste for 2HF. That's for BiS gear, but simming for your own character should not be significantly different. At least for me, haste is just weighted a little heavier for 2HF because I have less of it than I would in full mythic gear.
-----------------
Ao- For SPriest, theguideon HowToPriest.com (formerly shadowpriest.com) is good. Also read thethreadson individual bosses that explain which talents/glyphs/etc. are best for each encounter, as well as any stuff you can use to avoid/ignore mechanics of the fights.

I'll look at the logs in a bit for more specific things.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not even familiar with that whole surge of darkness/mind spike playstyle for shadow priests, that might be the issue though? seems most of the higher end shadow priest armory's are running insanity for the dot/insanity builds

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Someone awhile back posted tips for shadow priests but I don't know if it was this thread or the other WOW thread.
Yep, I've gone through the how2priest and icyveins stuff. Executing on it during a raid was a bit different. I need to sit on the training dummies for a while to get a better feel of it (and I need to upgrade a few specific pieces).
I'm not even familiar with that whole surge of darkness/mind spike playstyle for shadow priests, that might be the issue though? seems most of the higher end shadow priest armory's are running insanity for the dot/insanity builds
yeah, they seem to do dot weaving while using Insanity and CoP. I gotta test it out further and see.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After reviewing last nights logs I feel I did worse this week and my mitigation was real bad. I am a terrible player and will hang up my horn of winter on my way out

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah my butcher logs aren't perfect. I had sub 90% rupture uptime. Since I enchanted my MH with the multistrike proc when that goes off while I shadow dance my rupture ticks past so fast that I lose track of it and all of a sudden rupture is cleared off my target and I forget to reapply it. I think I also need to change the color of the bar since it is the same basic color as my hemo DoT. It needs a more visible color. I'm thinking orange. Thoughts?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would suggest installing the Ovale addon and seeing if you like it. It uses the simcraft APL for CoP DoT-weaving and will tell you which buttons to press to maintain the rotation. You're on your own as far as tab-DoTing everything in sight with SWP and VT (I believe Raven still works for tracking DoT timers on multiple targets) but it's a fantastic addon for single target or cleave-AE dps imo. I use it all the time on my DK and hunter.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would suggest installing the Ovale addon and seeing if you like it. It uses the simcraft APL for CoP DoT-weaving and will tell you which buttons to press to maintain the rotation. You're on your own as far as tab-DoTing everything in sight with SWP and VT (I believe Raven still works for tracking DoT timers on multiple targets) but it's a fantastic addon for single target or cleave-AE dps imo. I use it all the time on my DK and hunter.
I'll start there and maybe do a few more LFR runs to get into the rhythm.

Thanks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Found a new friend and hes dark like me

rrr_img_87993.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah we heard about you and the dark meat.

And goats.

Vorph I'll try Ovale vs my custom weakauras shit in a head to head battle of superior lazy. It could be useful if it has better reaction time. Of course, as survival once any AOE is involved it may as well just be flashing middle fingers across the screen because what an unholy mess. Spread serp sting and don't let it drop, then try to actually barrage on CD while maintaining black arrow and not wasting lock and load procs... and fish for ToTH to get in multishots... and toss out a trap every 12s... good luck?

And then I play a combat rogue and all that becomes "turn on blade flurry. Keep daggers in bag for butcher." I'm waffling, here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BTW, Saturday will be Poid's first time as the second tank - I think his gear is good, but we might slow down on a few explanations. It will be even funnier if we do Heroic first

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
WTB Heroic carry. I cried all night after going 1/12 on loot + coins.

But seriously, ouch man. We got raped on loot there.

*except for one bastard.