Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ao, I looked at Butcher:
Mind Blast - Slightly low count, like 3 or 4.
Mind Spike - You did 25, should be almost double that.
Insanity - This is where your major dps loss is. You've got 24 ticks of MF and only 13 ticks of Insanity for the whole fight. Should be zero ticks of MF, and close to 60 ticks of Insanity. That's literally like 500k damage missing.
SW:D - 6 is good.
DoTs - Looks like you could be weaving in more, but hard for me to say just looking at logs. Basically I'm comparing the number of DoTs simcraft casts on a 3m12s fight to the number you actually did in game.
Cascade - SimC says it's a dps increase to use it on cooldown even single target. That said, Halo sims higher by a few hundred dps so you might want to use that instead (if you ever get to do the fight without being a wound bitch, that is). There's an addon called HaloPro btw, it's great for checking the range to your target and finding the sweet spot for max damage.

For bosses like Twins there's another issue--you'll want to run the CoP/DoTweave rotation on the main target but still tab-DoT everything else. Only exception to this is when there's 5 total mobs up on Tectus; for that small window of the fight just focus on skull with the normal rotation and use Mind Sear in place of Mind Flay. Soon as one dies, you're back to tab-targeting.

Regarding Ovale, I just checked to see if people are having any problems with it, and there was a pretty serious bug fixed on 1/12. After that, reports are that it's working very well as far as following the simc APLs as closely as possible.

For reference, you sim at 22k on a 3m15s Patchwerk fight. Allowing for real world mechanics, having to deal with moving in and out for wounds, etc. you should be able to hit somewhere in the 19-20k range.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hopefully, if we don't I'll be sad. We 11-manned almost the entire place until Imp where we recruited a healer, dps, and fart helped tank to show Poid how to on Saturday. The only issue we had was Ko'ragh with 2 healers was a bit too tight (and we would've one-shotted it but we're blame Eyashusa for dying).

If we can clear Normal fast enough Saturday I'll lead some other heroic bosses.

The funniest thing was both 2H (Mace, Sword) dropped last night - no one could take them but Eya

I should also be clear that if enough geared folks show up we might want to consider JUST doing Heroic.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sorry for bailing on Imp last night. Started getting really sleepy and wasn't sure if it would take 15 minute or an hour.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ao, I looked at Butcher:
Mind Blast - Slightly low count, like 3 or 4.
Mind Spike - You did 25, should be almost double that.
Insanity - This is where your major dps loss is. You've got 24 ticks of MF and only 13 ticks of Insanity for the whole fight. Should be zero ticks of MF, and close to 60 ticks of Insanity. That's literally like 500k damage missing.
SW
biggrin.png
- 6 is good.
DoTs - Looks like you could be weaving in more, but hard for me to say just looking at logs. Basically I'm comparing the number of DoTs simcraft casts on a 3m12s fight to the number you actually did in game.
Cascade - SimC says it's a dps increase to use it on cooldown even single target. That said, Halo sims higher by a few hundred dps so you might want to use that instead (if you ever get to do the fight without being a wound bitch, that is). There's an addon called HaloPro btw, it's great for checking the range to your target and finding the sweet spot for max damage.

For bosses like Twins there's another issue--you'll want to run the CoP/DoTweave rotation on the main target but still tab-DoT everything else. Only exception to this is when there's 5 total mobs up on Tectus; for that small window of the fight just focus on skull with the normal rotation and use Mind Sear in place of Mind Flay. Soon as one dies, you're back to tab-targeting.

Regarding Ovale, I just checked to see if people are having any problems with it, and there was a pretty serious bug fixed on 1/12. After that, reports are that it's working very well as far as following the simc APLs as closely as possible.

For reference, you sim at 22k on a 3m15s Patchwerk fight. Allowing for real world mechanics, having to deal with moving in and out for wounds, etc. you should be able to hit somewhere in the 19-20k range.
Thanks. The MF/Insanity change what I need to look at the most, along with Mind Spike. I'm not sure why that's so low.

Vorph

Not normal, no. AMR and Skada matched, WCL was way off. It wasn't just a case of DPS(active) vs. DPS(elapsed time) either.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Personally, I've got no interest in raiding mythic with the incorrect roster. To do it efficiently, we need 2 or 3 of every spec ready to go right away. We don't even have a solid 20, so there's not much point in punishing ourselves. No one wants to raid lead well or recruit on a regular basis, so I think we should quit while we're ahead. I'll play through BRF heroic maybe twice and then I'm done. Game is dead after that for 6-12 months anyway until the next content is released. I guess I'm living in the past, but I also really hate how raiding is now. The flexible raid size is great, but having to run shit multiple times on multiple characters is painful and time consuming to say the least.
This sucks but I know where it's coming from. I'm probably going to start looking around for another group just getting their feet wet with Mythic to join up with. Will definitely keep at least one guy here with Rerolled for the Saturday stuff.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
WCL added it recently. It was under a different name for a bit but Problems is a bit more fleshed out as well. Makes it very easy to point to finger and call out personal improvements.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pug healer took 33 stacks of blaze over the course of the Ogron wipes. I think that means he actually had negative healing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This sucks but I know where it's coming from. I'm probably going to start looking around for another group just getting their feet wet with Mythic to join up with. Will definitely keep at least one guy here with Rerolled for the Saturday stuff.
I'm glad bros enjoy the Saturday stuff and come to help out/have fun. It's weird because I never saw it really taking off but there was that one week where like 25 people showed up.

Even if your characters are not tagged for RR's guild, I will still allow you to join. I let Moon's hunter join and he's on another server.

Vorph

Thanks. The MF/Insanity change what I need to look at the most, along with Mind Spike. I'm not sure why that's so low.
Something I forgot before, you're only using PI, Berserking, and Int Potion once per fight. You're also rarely using your Shadowfiend at all.

Knowing when to use the second one of each comes with knowing how fast the raid can kill the bosses. On a fight like Butcher, pop everything at the start, then save the second PI and potion for when he hits 20% (SW: D). The fight doesn't normally last long enough for a second Berserking, but if it somehow does then use that at the same time. Use Shadowfiend on cooldown.

Personally I would drop PI and take ToF instead. That's a stronger talent for most fights and it's completely passive.

Also glyphs: Reflective Shield can do a non-trivial amount of damage on most fights. Like when soaking Butcher you'd use it pretty much on cooldown. You may have to tell the disc priest in the raid to not shield you though, yours will probably never overwrite one of theirs and theirs won't reflect.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Something I forgot before, you're only using PI, Berserking, and Int Potion once per fight. You're also rarely using your Shadowfiend at all.

Knowing when to use the second one of each comes with knowing how fast the raid can kill the bosses. On a fight like Butcher, pop everything at the start, then save the second PI and potion for when he hits 20% (SW: D). The fight doesn't normally last long enough for a second Berserking, but if it somehow does then use that at the same time. Use Shadowfiend on cooldown.

Personally I would drop PI and take ToF instead. That's a stronger talent for most fights and it's completely passive.

Also glyphs: Reflective Shield can do a non-trivial amount of damage on most fights. Like when soaking Butcher you'd use it pretty much on cooldown. You may have to tell the disc priest in the raid to not shield you though, yours will probably never overwrite one of theirs and theirs won't reflect.
I end up using my for movement buff too, so I'm going to swap to those to.

edit: man, the problems on WCL is pretty awesome.

Vorph

Glyph of Mind Flay is strong for movement fights too. Uptime is pretty high and it's usually up when you need it.

I would probably go with Reflective and MF for most fights. Probably VE in the third slot unless the healers just don't need any help at all, in which case Fade for person damage reduction.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man my damage was bad on Imp!! I guess I don't really care, but I'm like the lowest percentile you can get to while still being considered a human.

A note to other tanks, I installed the latest DBM yesterday. I don't know why in the fuck they would do this but now on Imp it tells you to taunt at 5 stacks. It actually caused me to fuck up because it used to only tell you to taunt when the other tank gets marked - you know, like it should. Instead it plays a heart attack inducing noise and has the giant text when Imp is at 5 stacks. Stupid, Stupid change.

Can we get a sense of what people want to do saturday? I am at your service. I'd like Heroic, but it may be a pipe dream. Perhaps if Sorrows, Slaythe, Fart (Badatwow), Anacrusis and other folks show up it will become more of a reality.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was being serious, Hist didn't mind leading but recruiting is too much and I totally understand that as I don't want to touch recruiting either. Its much easier for him and I to just goto a guild that's deeper into Mythic our friends run and is an easy 2 day schedule for us and that's what were going to do this week at some point. Im still raiding on Hyjal for the normal runs with friends + saturdays and maybe some pug heroics but I'm taking the DK + Warrior to a mythic guild is all.

@Noodle I can do whatever you need on Saturdays raid just let me know

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think Poid is doing a fine job tanking right now, so probably heals or DPS. Obviously heals are best, but if you want to DPS that's fine too.

I'm leaning towards heroic and going yolo swag on it

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I was being serious, Hist didn't mind leading but recruiting is too much and I totally understand that as I don't want to touch recruiting either. Its much easier for him and I to just goto a guild that's deeper into Mythic our friends run and is an easy 2 day schedule for us and that's what were going to do this week at some point. Im still raiding on Hyjal for the normal runs with friends + saturdays and maybe some pug heroics but I'm taking the DK + Warrior to a mythic guild is all.

@Noodle I can do whatever you need on Saturdays raid just let me know
Yeah dude I get it. There's no hard feelings and I'm going to end up doing the same thing you are. It just felt a little sudden to go from a Sunday raid to 3 days later everything falling apart and I mostly just wish this group could have had an easier time getting 20 people because I had a lot of fun with everyone.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah dude I get it. There's no hard feelings and I'm going to end up doing the same thing you are. It just felt a little sudden to go from a Sunday raid to 3 days later everything falling apart and I mostly just wish this group could have had an easier time getting 20 people because I had a lot of fun with everyone.
Well Hist and I are like 2 out of the 3 only plate in one of the guilds we might goto depending on him if you are open to xferring we can talk to them. I did Mythic butcher with them last night and was surprised how smooth it went which is a plus for going to them and I was DPS.

Bater also who raided with us early also has a guild that's 4/7 Mythic on a strict 2 day schedule of Sun + Mon 3 hours a night. I am going to talk to their people tonight in mumble and get a feel for them to see if they would be fun to raid with. Their downside for me being EST is that their 3 hours are 10-1am my time but whatever, I can manage.

@Noodle sounds good