Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I know I sucked in BRF, it was my first time and don't raid much. I was mostly focused on trying to stay alive lol.
I wouldn't sweat any DPS logs until your 5th-10th time through the encounter. Everyone learns at a different pace and I know its taking me some time to bring my #s up to acceptable status. What I like to see from DPS is steady increase on the WCL summary plot. Like; first Gruul 7th percentile, second Gruul 30th... etc etc. That shows someone actively trying to improve.

Example:Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I have been having latency issues on Saturdays with you guys that I dont seem to normally have. I would blame it on weekend isp traffic or more people using devices in the house but it seems like it happens at specic fights. For example Gruul with several cave ins during his smash phase, flame during the firestorm when all the stuff starts spitting out onto the floor, generally when there is a lot of raid wide damage. I am starting to wonder if it is my connection to Hyjal from my home server. Anyone else who raids x server run into this? Most pugs i do seem fine as well.
I lag a bit aswell because its west coast for whatever reason I used to play on a west coast servers the majority of the time and never had this type of lag, almost all spells have a delay on them, even PWS, im on hyjal though.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Tried seraphim on N Gruul. I don't like having the extra HP finisher to manage every 30s and I'm sure I played it pretty sub optimally but it was still about a 4k dps increase overall.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
There been any discussion of doing a week or two crushing out like 6/7 heroic HM before going into brf on Saturdays? I just feel like we have a lot of folks that could use drops from that place.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I've given that some thought. I think to me what it really comes down to is what gear is BIS out of the two places? A lot of the HM gear is poorly optimized. There's some shit gear in BRF too, but I think overall it is better optimized plus we have tier sets. Also, as soon as we get to 8 or 9/10 I really think we could start hitting the weaker Heroic bosses (Beastlord, Gruul, Wrestlers) like we hit Kargath up before our normal raids when we were doing HM. I'm of the mentality that we should push forward with maidens and blast furnace, but I also realize that I'm sitting at 676 right now and I don't really need anything from HM Heroic or BRF normal so perhaps my view is skewed. I also don't know how tier gear for the other classes stacks up compared to HM drops.

I am always looking to do what's best for the guild though, so others can surely chime in with their thoughts.

One other thing, someone was asking me about how many tells I get a day. I've become quite popular for whatever reason, so usually when I log in I get a couple people sending me tells. During raids I get a shitload of people sending me tells. I filter them off to a separate tab and try to answer everyone, but occasionally some people get drowned out and I don't see them. If it seems like I didn't answer you, just send me another tell. I'm probably just popular because I'm a sexy female goblin - but in case you didn't realize I am a man.

Also I've been having Faizy/Antidotes do ML on our runs recently, so if anyone has a problem with how he handles loot just spam him with obscenities and ragequit tells! Just kidding, just send me a private message and we can talk about it. I think he's doing it fairly though, and it allows me and Poid to keep pulling.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I've given that some thought. I think to me what it really comes down to is what gear is BIS out of the two places? A lot of the HM gear is poorly optimized. There's some shit gear in BRF too, but I think overall it is better optimized plus we have tier sets. Also, as soon as we get to 8 or 9/10 I really think we could start hitting the weaker Heroic bosses (Beastlord, Gruul, Wrestlers) like we hit Kargath up before our normal raids when we were doing HM. I'm of the mentality that we should push forward with maidens and blast furnace, but I also realize that I'm sitting at 676 right now and I don't really need anything from HM Heroic or BRF normal so perhaps my view is skewed. I also don't know how tier gear for the other classes stacks up compared to HM drops.

I am always looking to do what's best for the guild though, so others can surely chime in with their thoughts.

One other thing, someone was asking me about how many tells I get a day. I've become quite popular for whatever reason, so usually when I log in I get a couple people sending me tells. During raids I get a shitload of people sending me tells. I filter them off to a separate tab and try to answer everyone, but occasionally some people get drowned out and I don't see them. If it seems like I didn't answer you, just send me another tell. I'm probably just popular because I'm a sexy female goblin - but in case you didn't realize I am a man.

Also I've been having Faizy/Antidotes do ML on our runs recently, so if anyone has a problem with how he handles loot just spam him with obscenities and ragequit tells! Just kidding, just send me a private message and we can talk about it. I think he's doing it fairly though, and it allows me and Poid to keep pulling.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't need anything from heroic HM either. And while poorly itemized, for some people the raw stat increase from a 670 would be a big help.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
There been any discussion of doing a week or two crushing out like 6/7 heroic HM before going into brf on Saturdays? I just feel like we have a lot of folks that could use drops from that place.
Do highmaul heroic on friday. No point in going to normal mode anymore. If we can't kill bosses on heroic that might be the wake up call a few need to start playing better.

Saturday we need the time in foundry to be able to knock out 7/10 before folks have to log.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I set up this Friday for heroic hm. I am of course good for anything. I was just curious what folks thought.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Heroic HM baby bring the deeps or go home! don't forget your heals!

I think the loot varies for each class, I know I looked at BRF loot and there was only a few pieces that had both CRIT and mastery, for a disc priest id say HM is better itemized.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
ilevel brackets mean even less than they used to now that set bonuses are a factor. You have to keep that in mind when looking at the numbers. But it's still the quickest way to tell at a glance if there are issues. The problems tab on warcraftlogs is also 100% awesome.

Obviously BRF has some fights where you can whore DPS ranking while actually doing things wrong. In fact several fights the only way to hit a high percentile is to blatantly do the encounter wrong. Things to look for - big dick ranged damage that aren't attacking cannons or people who don't focus man at arms / flamemenders on Operator, crazy high dps who actually have lower damage than the rest of the raid on beastlord himself (tank him close to add spawns to mitigate this), poor damage on primal elementalists (but 95 percentile yo!), and so on.

On your Oregorger, you can't let the ranged be on his nuts like that. They'll get shard, which will knock them all back into goo. Tanks need to drag him back around the corner (he's hard to move), and ranged need to switch hallways. Also don't move so far when placing goo, but I think you were doing okay with that.

Most stuff looked pretty good. Well, except for flamebender weapons. Dammit Noodle.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Were we doing something wrong or was our luck that shit poor that we got like 3 weapons in melee range? I thought it targetted ranged?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I really only need stuff out of BRF. Tier and trinkets, though my trinkets suck so bad HM trinkets would be an upgrade. If the alchemy trader ever pops I'll have one trinket covered.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Weapons target anyone noodle. There's a lot of mechanics in BRF that are Fuck You in that way, as far as shit that you'd think would be ranged only. I think they realized with highmaul that melee were just standing there bored most of the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh OK so just shitass luck. I didn't want to move the boss too much because wed get fucked worse on other stuff

Elsebet

Peasant
I admit I am bad at H&F in BRF. Out of all the fights that is my worst, when it should be the easiest. I like every other fight except that one. I decided to try standing next to Mike (Zalere) since he seems to do it fine, but once a belt moved me and I lost him then I got all disoriented. Any other ranged caster/healer have advice on how to minimize movement that fight? I know I can stand in between the belts, but often I have to dodge a pop tart/slam and the conveyer gleefully whisks me away. Granted I've only done it 3 times, died on one of those, and it's over rather quickly so I don't get a lot of practice, but I'd like to improve there. My spatial orientation is not the best, I probably need to find some point of reference in the room.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I admit I am bad at H&F in BRF. Out of all the fights that is my worst, when it should be the easiest. I like every other fight except that one. I decided to try standing next to Mike (Zalere) since he seems to do it fine, but once a belt moved me and I lost him then I got all disoriented. Any other ranged caster/healer have advice on how to minimize movement that fight? I know I can stand in between the belts, but often I have to dodge a pop tart/slam and the conveyer gleefully whisks me away. Granted I've only done it 3 times, died on one of those, and it's over rather quickly so I don't get a lot of practice, but I'd like to improve there. My spatial orientation is not the best, I probably need to find some point of reference in the room.
Pop tarts you can stand on the conveyor and keep casting. You can just spread away from the group and not even move for slams if you set yourself up right.

On the stamp phase, just go every man for himself. Don't even worry about casting, just do Holy Shocks and maybe Holy Light when it's procced. Try to be prepared to Sac or LoH a tank just in case, but that's really it. I find it's easiest to always run to a spot that was stamped just previously as the stamp will not occur on the same spot back to back. Jumping while moving forward will propel you quite a bit, and if you are too far back use a speed boost. Long arm of the law is great because you are usually within judge range of the boss at all times.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sometimes I get disoriented in fights, for the wrestlers I like to keep my camera facing towards the back of the room (so that rolling belts are pushing towards you) or slightly turned from there. That way I always know where in the room I truly am. If you get sucked back the best bet is to run in between the belts as you can run at normal speed. I think on poptarts you can stay on the edge of an in-between part and not get hit, but I usually don't risk it. For stamp phase it's best to always go into a spot that just got stamped as they never get stamped twice.

I'm not ranged so I don't know the healing struggle on this. At least they don't hit us so hard that we need spam heals.

Edit: I'm looking at renting a mumble server. I was going to host one but Comcast recently put us on a bandwidth max each month. It's cheap enough that I don't care, and I don't feel like having burned kids/aliens staring at me or the Waterboy popping in.