Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have all the heirlooms I need for my Warlock. I just don't have the 90 to 100 upgrades unfortunately. Those are expensive. I don't have the trinkets or rings or neck. Seem useless.

I'll have to find paint. I have a ton of mats on my monk.
Make sure the scribe building is level 3 or your monk is an incriptionist in order to make the staff.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You don't really need the 90-100 upgrades anyway, Draenor flies by quickly. Just make sure to move on to the next zone in increments of 2 levels.

90-92 = Frostfire
93-94 = Gorgrond
95-96 = Talador
97-98 = Spires of Arak
99-100 = Nagrand

Go after garrison-related stuff, with followers and their quest lines, the experience comes with it. When you're pre-100, having a lot of followers helps because they can do missions that giveyouexperience as well.

TheWoWhead follower guideis a pretty good reference.

Frostfire = I usually go after Dagg, Mulverick, and Weaponsmith Na'shral since they have easy quests to obtain them. I've picked Greatmother Geyah for three of my characters from the canyon questline and 2 of those times she rolled with Scavenger trait.

Gorgrond = I go after Blook and Tormmok almost immediately. They come with awesome abilities (warriors are way useful on missions). I go after Penny Clobberbottom (she comes with the Massive Strike ability, which is great). I usually pick the Lumber Mill garrison outpost for usefulness and Kaz the Shrieker rolled up with the Scavenger trait 3-out-of-4 times for me.

Talador = I after Aeda Brightdawn, Ahm, and Pleasure-bot 8000 right away. I tend to drop Pleasure-bot later, but he fills a slot early on. I pick up the Arsenal for the garrison outpost because Morketh is a warrior (which is awesome), and the Arsenal's AE nuke/stun ability rapes everything while questing. Just round up mobs and drop the bombs. You can mow down elites and save your ass with it. Go after Soulbinder Tuulani's questline, as she is one of the rare followers you can get with Group Damage counter outside of the Inn.

Spires of Arak = Follow the questlines, but make sure by the time you get to the Axefall part, you run out and get Leorajh (another rare Group Damage AND he's a bodyguard), plus Benjamin Gibb. Gibb is a badass DK tank and if you do Garrison Invasions, grab him on patrol for it. He absolutely decimates everything by throwing Death&Decay everywhere. He's easy to get, go to the ghost Alliance town across the street from Axefall and run all the way to the back, you'll see him buried in the graveyard. Go to the goblin town in the southeast for Kimzee and the Salvage Yard quests (a requirement imo). Pick the Inn for your outpost to get the Dark Ranger, the trade post sucks.

Nagrand = You might have a ton of followers by now, but they'll throw Lantressor at you. Goldmane and Abu'gar are both useful and pretty easy to get. Abu'gar is a tank so that makes him useful. Goldmane is a skinner so he can be useful for the Barn to farm Savage Bloods, now that they can be increase by follower.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah I got all those dudes the eventually with my monk. Thanks for putting them in order though. If I can get a 630 lock staff I won't bother with other heirlooms.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Put up a heroic hm next Friday at 9est. 645 ilvl. Want to see how we do with the Friday group since a lot of the normal hm drops seem to just get de'd. As long as the dps can pull 20k+ we will be fine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This Friday was a really good run but it was basically a run to gear Moons hunter on hyjal. We could've killed imp even, but the servers took a dump from the ddos attack so we only got one good attempt in.

Right now faizy is probably gonna start coming as DPs to Saturday raids. While 6 healers is a nice crutch, for maidens, furnace, and black hand we are gonna need the DPs. This will require existing healers to really step it up as well. Draegan is looking to level a range DPs as well. It will feel weird at first but I know our healers are good and can do it.

Heroic on Friday shouldn't be bad if me and poid tank it(or even someone else, I'll be there for sure)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My hunter is now pulling 30k+ single target so I'll be switching to him for our friday/saturday runs.

We need the dps to really pick it up.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Agreed. I'll look through the logs later and see who is slacking.
Before you do that, you ought to put some thought as to minimal requirements. Otherwise you'll end up in the position where you flag someone for slacking and they insist they're trying as hard as they can. It needs to come down: "you aren't doing wellenough, requirements for our raid is 40+ percentile for spec/ilvl and you consistently miss the mark."

edit: The type of raid atmosphere I like to encourage is everyone trying to carry everyone else, that's why I prefer to observe percentiles as opposed to objective dps numbers. When I see someone consistently posting sub 50th percentile, I'm going to assume they are ill-prepared in some sort of sense (rotation, gems/enchant, fight knowledge) and relying on people like Sorrows to carry them. I dislike that type of complacency. It's a night and day difference when everyone is competing to perform well compared to "we 1 shot this guy last week so I'm going to watch Netflix then complain when we wipe." If you always have a Sorrows around then things go well but when he isn't there, the raid is going to struggle and tempers are going to flair.

This ultimately depends on your goal. 50th percentile for Heroic Butcher these days is like 28k; everyone knows thats substantially higher than what you actually need. But if you take a guy just trying to squeak by with 20-22k dps on H.Butcher hes going to really struggle in the harder BRF fights because they're more demanding and he isn't accustomed to having to reach for it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Agreed. I'll look through the logs later and see who is slacking.
I know you don't want to get on anyone as were casual and all that, but in order to make things easier for us as a whole to progress is to have certain marks people have to hit, dps should be 20k heals should be 25k minimum.

ilvl is great but dosent mean you actually know how to play your class to the fullest, don't take this as me thinking im amazing, if I cant hit those numbers I don't deserve to be there.

gear is a factor but ive been doing raids with a cheat ilvl, its 661 but im actually 640 equipped and im able to pull 25k+

And honestly.... I think that's pretty laxed on the numbers, for the ilvl we have in our BRF raids 650+

annnnd don't take faizy away from healing, look at those charts again idk how well it would go w/o him.

Elsebet

Peasant
I switched my tank spec to Ret and I can do about 20k-ish on a dummy with a 630 weapon and low trinkets. I'll practice it in LFR this week, so if we have too many healers I'll just try to dps!

Honestly though if you guys are going hardcore progression like those other guys did who then left the guild and act like children, I'll just wish you the best and stop signing up, I wasn't really looking for that type of raid.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think people are talking hardcore progression. But we will hit a point when to progress at all, people just plain have to hit their numbers.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I switched my tank spec to Ret and I can do about 20k-ish on a dummy with a 630 weapon and low trinkets. I'll practice it in LFR this week, so if we have too many healers I'll just try to dps!

Honestly though if you guys are going hardcore progression like those other guys did who then left the guild and act like children, I'll just wish you the best and stop signing up, I wasn't really looking for that type of raid.
I don't think people are talking hardcore progression. But we will hit a point when to progress at all, people just plain have to hit their numbers.
Yeah doing normal and heroic aren't exactly hardcore progression. The heroic fights are the exact same mechanics just more numbers so they aren't really learning something new just having better gear in the overall raid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ahhh don't stop signing up! This is the minivan raid!! I just want to look and see where we are really having major gaps in performance

Keep in mind eidal isn't raiding with us and is offering advice from a different raiding mindset than I usually run

Double edit: everyone can improve, with the exception of sorrows who is ranking on fights. Even me and poid discuss what we could do better on certain fights. On oregorger we think we might be screwing up something with how we tank him. I also have pretty think skin so if anyone feels I'm fucking up just let me know. Yesterday I openly fucked up our maiden attempt and sorrows knew he could call me a retard. At the same time he knows this is a casual atmosphere so he doesn't yell at people or anything. He might say you fucked something up, but he knows this isn't mythic.

I want Saturdays to be fun for everyone, if anyone is having anything but fun please send me a private message or tell and we can figure how to fix that. At the same time, we want to actively improve as a group so I think if we all provide positive feedback and constructive criticism to each other as a whole we can only get better. Hopefully everyone agrees with that.

On that note, feel free to tear my tanking or leadership apart
smile.png
i want to know how to improve

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
C'mon Sorrows help me pally!

Looking at ranked players, I see a lot of people using seraphim and SW on single target oriented fights. Think I might try that.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
C'mon Sorrows help me pally!

Looking at ranked players, I see a lot of people using seraphim and SW on single target oriented fights. Think I might try that.
I honestly have never even tried seraphim on my paladin.

I enjoyed doing all of highmaul with DP/FV. I like proc based play. It makes the game more fun for me.

As for ret help the best advice I can give is try out the FCFS retribution addon. It's like ovale that helps folks learn priority systems. Go with either that or Ovale to have as a nice guideline when working through rotations.

The mmo-champion paladin forums have some good threads from time to time. The 6/1 Theorycrafting thread is usually kept up to date much more often than icy-veins or noxxic.

Stack all haste/mastery/mulitstrike and get the rotations down the best you can. Always be pressing a button if possible.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't think its hardcore progression either, I think it just gets to a certain point where you need an average of 20k dps and 25k HPS so it dosent become a strain on the entire raid because someone is putting out 15k dps constantly with good gear, or 15k HPS. being 5-10k behind becomes a carry job, and even with PERFECT mechanics make fights a struggle because bad dps made the fight last an extra 3-4 minutes now you need 130% out of your healers, everyone should be shooting to improve im not amazing I know I can improve that's why I openly put myself out there for people to comb my log.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I have been having latency issues on Saturdays with you guys that I dont seem to normally have. I would blame it on weekend isp traffic or more people using devices in the house but it seems like it happens at specic fights. For example Gruul with several cave ins during his smash phase, flame during the firestorm when all the stuff starts spitting out onto the floor, generally when there is a lot of raid wide damage. I am starting to wonder if it is my connection to Hyjal from my home server. Anyone else who raids x server run into this? Most pugs i do seem fine as well.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I know I sucked in BRF, it was my first time and don't raid much. I was mostly focused on trying to stay alive lol.

C3gokfp.gif

Valechec_sl

shitlord
Need more Kreugen every week, too. It's nice having another combat rogue there with pretty much the same ilvl as me that I can look at logs and compare to.