Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife has a CE class all Saturday and Sunday. So, I found a sitter, so I can still raid! Lol. I won't even have to afk at noon to put my son down!!!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The best is when wolves are rekindling and the live one is under a weapon and the ranged are tunneling boss. Thanks for that! (okay there were only 2 ranged)

Evasion seemed to work.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Herb trader was up today! Let the trinketing commence this evening when I get home from work (I almost called in sick).

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Are there any professions we are missing? I doubt it, but i wanted to ask while I was leveling up.

Elsebet

Peasant
Thanks for the suggestions on H&F, will try them all next time I do them in LFR or Normal.

I am doing a lot of reading on Paladin healing (and now dps), what I find especially useful is when other Paladins ask what they are doing wrong and post their logs. Now the last time I raided with Paladins was WOTLK and if I remember correctly they mostly spammed heals on tanks, which is pretty much what I was doing. However in a thread I read that in WoD this is actually an HPS loss and I should be only directly healing tanks when they are 60% or below, is that a good rule of thumb? I need to get my EF and HS counts up too.

I also learned a few tips on timing AW + Prism + Radiance on high raid damage spikes which I'll be using in the future, even if it isn't as easy as Tranquility.
smile.png

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the suggestions on H&F, will try them all next time I do them in LFR or Normal.

I am doing a lot of reading on Paladin healing (and now dps), what I find especially useful is when other Paladins ask what they are doing wrong and post their logs. Now the last time I raided with Paladins was WOTLK and if I remember correctly they mostly spammed heals on tanks, which is pretty much what I was doing. However in a thread I read that in WoD this is actually an HPS loss and I should be only directly healing tanks when they are 60% or below, is that a good rule of thumb? I need to get my EF and HS counts up too.

I also learned a few tips on timing AW + Prism + Radiance on high raid damage spikes which I'll be using in the future, even if it isn't as easy as Tranquility.
smile.png
Yeah you want to let beacons heal the tanks and focus on the raid. I started off the same way as you by spam healing tanks as well.

I installed weak auras and that has really helped my throughput. I basically just use 3 to show me when HS, EF and Prism are up. That way I can always get HS on cooldown and use EF ahead of a Holy Light when I have enough HP.

Lastly, I made a pretty good macro for HP that will target an enemy, cast and then return to your last target. That way you can just press it everytime it's up and not worry about targeting:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast Holy Prism
/targetlasttarget

Elsebet

Peasant
Yeah you want to let beacons heal the tanks and focus on the raid. I started off the same way as you by spam healing tanks as well.

I installed weak auras and that has really helped my throughput. I basically just use 3 to show me when HS, EF and Prism are up. That way I can always get HS on cooldown and use EF ahead of a Holy Light when I have enough HP.

Lastly, I made a pretty good macro for HP that will target an enemy, cast and then return to your last target. That way you can just press it everytime it's up and not worry about targeting:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast Holy Prism
/targetlasttarget
Thanks again! In some fights the tanks are taking so much damage it scares me a little to not focus on them (Kromog) but I'll try it.
smile.png

I'll try the macro. I have Prism on a mouseover macro, but admittedly I have to have to either have the boss targeted or hover over them to cast which is probably slower than your macro.

One question on your EF usage. Before a fight I spam HS to get 5 HP, then I usually do back to back 3 HP EF's on tanks, and maybe a 1 HP EF on a raid member or myself. I've also experimented with just spamming 1 HP EF's on tanks and others, also tried 2 HP EF's on tanks and a 2HP on raid members taking damage. From the reports I feel the 3 HP EF's on tanks was the highest HPS but least actual "hits", but am curious about your experience. If I do too many EF's I find that the tank ones fall off and I have to work up 6 HP total for both of them again which takes a lot of time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I run heroics for the daily or w/e I do this I don't heal people who take unnecessary damage I just let them die over and over again.
How is that beneficial for anyone involved in the party, yourself included?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast Holy Prism
/targetlasttarget
would this work for power word solice / holy fire if I just replace "cast holy prism"?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
How is that beneficial for anyone involved in the party, yourself included?
it teaches them ethics of staying out of unnecessary dmg ok? if I don't heal you eventually youll stop standing in fire.

and I like to watch them squirm, got to make your own fun sometimes specially in this game, I like doing LFR or normal HM just spamming holy nova, pretty funny when you actually beat out another healer.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
would this work for power word solice / holy fire if I just replace "cast holy prism"?
don't see why not.

As for EF you really only want to use 3HP EF and use it basically as another Holy Light. The initial heal is the primary concern and the hot is just an extra. Again for max HPS throw it on the raid, but I do try to keep it in tanks myself.