Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah we focused the large ones, didn't think about the small ones. It's funny too, you'll get a lot of close attempts on something, then the time you win, it isn't even close everything clicks and you destroy the boss (Mage in everbloom, final UBRS before we knew locks rock there, demon guy in auch).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im convinced MW monk is going to be amazing in the raid environment, having renewing mists on like 15 people+ is going to make Uplift a beast-which is almost useless in 5 mans lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Besides one tank trinket and one dps cloak its the same for DKs in highmaul, versatility or crit on a ton of stuff.
Versatility is ok for blood, it's haste and crit you desperately want to avoid.

Highmaul loot:
Helm - Haste/Vers
Shoulders - Crit/Multi
Chest - Haste/Multi
Waist - Crit/Haste
Bracers - Crit/Haste
Gloves - Crit/Vers
Legs - Haste/Mastery
Boots - Haste/Mastery

So yeah, there isn't a single fucking piece of plate in the raid that avoids having one (or both) of our two worst stats. I guess it was too much to ask for a single item with Mastery/Multi or even Mastery/Vers. This is also why I don't understand people who want DMC trinkets when there are perfectly good drops. I see no valid option other than using three pieces of crafted armor (engr goggles, BS shoulders and bracer imo).

That said, the world boss loot is a little more interesting:
Gloves - Multi/Vers
Chest - Haste/Vers
Waist - Mastery/Multi (It does exist!!!)

Both of them appear to share the same loot pool.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Versatility is ok for blood, it's haste and crit you desperately want to avoid.

Highmaul loot:
Helm - Haste/Vers
Shoulders - Crit/Multi
Chest - Haste/Multi
Waist - Crit/Haste
Bracers - Crit/Haste
Gloves - Crit/Vers
Legs - Haste/Mastery
Boots - Haste/Mastery

So yeah, there isn't a single fucking piece of plate in the raid that avoids having one (or both) of our two worst stats. I guess it was too much to ask for a single item with Mastery/Multi or even Mastery/Vers.

That said, the world boss loot is a little more interesting:
Gloves - Multi/Vers
Chest - Haste/Vers
Waist - Mastery/Multi (It does exist!!!)

Both of them appear to share the same loot pool.
Here's what I put on my spreadsheet for specialization @ Highmaul as a blood DK main.

Kargath - Frost
Butcher - Frost
Brackenspine - Frost
Tectus - Blood --> Frost
Twins - Blood --> Frost
Ko'Ragh - Frost
Imperator - Frost / Blood

I didn't even think about those world bosses, not entirely sure how those work but that belt is the shit. Mastery & Multi is truly a dream for blood and frost.

Vorph

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're trying to accomplish there.

What I would set it to and why:
Kargath - Blood [Cloak - Armor/Mastery]
Butcher - DPS [Avoid the shitty tank ring and cloak, set to frost if you want 1H Axe, otherwise unholy if you just want armor]
Tectus - Blood [Trinket - Armor/Vers proc, switch to dps spec after you get the trinket so that you hopefully don't get the armor+crit ring]
Brackenspore - DPS [Avoid the armor+crit neck, hope to get the boots instead of the belt with no stats of any value]
Twin Ogrons - Blood [BiS Trinket - Armor/Mastery proc]
Ko'ragh - Blood [BiS Ring - Armor/Mastery, 2H Mace]
Mar'gok - Blood [Ring - Armor/Multi, BiS 2H Weapon - Mastery/Vers, Neck - Armor/Haste (which sucks, but the only other option is Armor/Crit, or going the JC route), Trinket - Mastery/Armor proc]

I would use a seal on Mar'gok for sure, probably Twins and Ko'ragh for the other two.

Edit: I forgot about Rukhmar when I did the world boss list before.

Legs - Mastery/Multi (!!)
Boots - Crit/Vers
Ring - Armor/Haste

Finally, Drov drops an armor/haste neck, which is worse than Mar'gok's due to only being ilvl 650.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blizzard twitter said the realms are booting up so just a few minutes

(they're probably lying)

Skrigg

Golden Squire
So are the new world bosses like constantly respawning loot pinatas ala Celestials or something more?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
So yeah, there isn't a single fucking piece of plate in the raid that avoids having one (or both) of our two worst stats. I guess it was too much to ask for a single item with Mastery/Multi or even Mastery/Vers. This is also why I don't understand people who want DMC trinkets when there are perfectly good drops. I see no valid option other than using three pieces of crafted armor (engr goggles, BS shoulders and bracer imo).
Knight's Badge was buffed to 223 bonus armor at step 1 of 3, it beats pretty much everything now.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So what type of specs are we needing more for raiding? I like my hunter, but I'm not very group/raid dps-oriented. I can't seem to find an interest in it for anything other than farming/solo/pvp.

I've played healers for years, and tanked for a bit too. If we need tanks for sure, I'd play a death knight, if we need healers badly, I'd play a priest. If we're kind of struggling on both, I'd play a paladin. I've played all three before, but haven't really tanked much with the two (I was a warrior in vanilla and OT/MT'd into Naxx where I went priest, then healadin in BC+).

I could dps with any of those, but more curious with necessities since I tend to enjoy playing just about anything.

Vorph

It's still a distant second place to Pol's Blinded Eye for every tank class. Pillar of the Earth is showing nerfed stats on wowhead, but it may already be un-nerfed in game if you paste a link or check dungeon journal. Wowhead doesn't catch every change immediately, someone running the client needs to view the new stats in game in order for it to get uploaded. Right now the 655 shows 25 less bonus armor than the 630 heroic trinkets, and people will rightfully have a shit fit until it gets fixed if it isn't already.

I was also talking specifically about Blood DKs. Crit has literally zero value to us, so the DMC trinket has half of its item budget utterly wasted. Since the same is true of every piece of highmaul plate as well, I would much rather use up my 3 crafted items there than on a trinket which is also gimped.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what type of specs are we needing more for raiding? I like my hunter, but I'm not very group/raid dps-oriented. I can't seem to find an interest in it for anything other than farming/solo/pvp.

I've played healers for years, and tanked for a bit too. If we need tanks for sure, I'd play a death knight, if we need healers badly, I'd play a priest. If we're kind of struggling on both, I'd play a paladin. I've played all three before, but haven't really tanked much with the two (I was a warrior in vanilla and OT/MT'd into Naxx where I went priest, then healadin in BC+).

I could dps with any of those, but more curious with necessities since I tend to enjoy playing just about anything.
Healers are always in need, we have a lot of tanks and DPS currently.

@Rerolled grats on heroic Kargath

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The GMs didn't get my GD toon out of Vehns prison of a Garrison until like 6am =(

Its on tonight through Saturday, I hope to put together small raids in between like Friday after work for those who want in. (ALL are welcome to heroic raiding just in case anyone didn't mention it)