Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

taebin

Same trailer, different park
cant-wait.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I looked up some areas in BRF where me and Poid were fucking up and it's almost to a hilarious degree. I blame myself, since I was the dude with notes and shit.. we were beating the bosses so I never thought about it but Poid raised some concerns. In an effort for all of us to improve, here's how me and Poid can improve.

1. Hanz and Franz - Poid calls out external cooldowns only for the tank on the ground but in all actuality we both get hit for a large amount of damage. Need to use shield/CD's on gripped tank (priority, unable to do actions) and the tank on ground (can probably use their own DR CD's). This would explain the times where Poid or myself just gets insta-gibbed. We never thought to analyze it. We'll make sure to do this right.

2. Oregorger - I incorrectly told Poid that the OT needed to blow a personal CD on each Acid Torrent to save the ranged group from taking too much damage. It's actually the MT that takes the acid torrent to the face.. oops. This means ranged have been taking full damage the entire time... oops...

Those are on me.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
About #2 - from what I gathered, the Acid Torrent is targeted at a random ranged. We typically have ranged standing behind MT down the hallway, so the OT would step in between Oregorger and ranged to eat the Acid Torrent physical portion. However, if MT is standing directly in path, then the OT would need to stand in front of MT to absorb it instead of him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right we always did it in reverse of that, under the assumption that the OT was taking the first hit. We were doing a weird tank strategy where the MT was taking the hit but we were having the OT blow cooldowns. We only wiped the first week so we never adjusted it.

The reason was when we first went I was going to have us have the MT stand perpendicular to the raid and the OT in front of ranged, but we adjusted after I pugged the boss and liked this strategy better. I never adjusted which tank would blow CD's.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have a 6/7 HM lockout if there is interest in an AOTC run. Could be on tonight around 10pm EST or so and of course will be on tomorrow morning.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
CAn't wait to try and join you guys.

What is more useful for the crew? This Monk I am having a blast leveling or the Druid I will potentially buff up when I eventually get WoD.

As to why i don't currently have WoD, family is saving up for Disney this summer, both kids had tonsil/adenoid surgery so all funds are going to Disney. Wife would have my head if i paid for a game right now. hhaa

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a 6/7 HM lockout if there is interest in an AOTC run. Could be on tonight around 10pm EST or so and of course will be on tomorrow morning.
We're doing Heroic HM tonight!!

If you want, shoot me a tell and you could probably join us. I don't think Mord minds unless he secretly hates you. If we don't make it to Imp there, we can steal your lockout and go for a run! We would've last week but the server exploded...

@Braen, previously I said healers, but as of today (THIS CHANGES IT SEEMS) we are good on them. We do have a Monk DPS (Voldeth) whos been coming consistently and Draegan as a healer/backup DPS. We could really use a dedicated boomkin, but I would never force someone to play that. I know we have Nyuk, but he hasn't been to a lot of our runs.

Whatever you got will fit in.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
We're doing Heroic HM tonight!!

If you want, shoot me a tell and you could probably join us. I don't think Mord minds unless he secretly hates you. If we don't make it to Imp there, we can steal your lockout and go for a run! We would've last week but the server exploded...
I'll be on around 10pm EST (I think that's an hour after you start?) so if no one minds I could always join late.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
nvm i got it, anyone else have an issue with channels lately? i logged in the other day i was in no channels, i joined them all it was fine, i log on today same thing no channels so i joined them all once again except trade, for whatever reason it wont join it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
nvm i got it, anyone else have an issue with channels lately? i logged in the other day i was in no channels, i joined them all it was fine, i log on today same thing no channels so i joined them all once again except trade, for whatever reason it wont join it.
try /resetchat.

Zalere

N00b
We could really use a dedicated boomkin, but I would never force someone to play that. I know we have Nyuk, but he hasn't been to a lot of our runs.
I'm going start practicing Balance spec. I don't really have the gear for it, but I'm going to work on the rotations. Any experienced boomkins have recommendations for addons? I am reading aboutEnhanced Eclipse Barand that looks really nice.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Lock just dinged 92. I'll probably main him once I hit 100.

I find just searching for Garrison shit on the map and just doing the zone story lines is pretty easy way to do things.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
try /resetchat.
tried that, i can join every channel but trade so weird.

Also does anyone know if timber trees only show up on your map when you have a lumber mill?

downloaded gatherer again and i dont see them on the minimap, but i dont have a lumber mill on my DK yet.

what garrison shit dreagan, im just gonna do the dungeons while i quest once i hit 500 ilvl or w/e

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm gonna ask tomorrow when we start the raid what people want to do: gear or straight to iron maidens? Just thought i'd let you know I'd be taking a vote when we start in the morning so it can simmer in your brains overnight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Iron Maidens sounds like a decent idea.

Lock just dinged 92. I'll probably main him once I hit 100.

I find just searching for Garrison shit on the map and just doing the zone story lines is pretty easy way to do things.
That's the way I started doing it with my 2nd character to 100, and it worked well for the last two. Getting the garrison going and functional early on really makes things easier later. You will starve for resources and whatnot at first, but get a scavenger or two and eventually after some leveling, things fall into place. Until you hit 100, your followers can do missions that give YOU experience.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to do maidens. I think we could have got them last time in 2-3 more pulls. I was using a macro '/tar Dom' which seems to work pretty well for those cannons. Don't know if anyone else was having trouble finding them like me on the first go around, but I just could not find it the first time we made it to that phase until they were already shooting fire everywhere.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Iron Maidens sounds like a decent idea.

That's the way I started doing it with my 2nd character to 100, and it worked well for the last two. Getting the garrison going and functional early on really makes things easier later. You will starve for resources and whatnot at first, but get a scavenger or two and eventually after some leveling, things fall into place. Until you hit 100, your followers can do missions that give YOU experience.
what garrison set up would you recommend, i wanna do it right on my DK this time, i was thinking lumber mill and inn as early as possible