Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That iron maidens wipe was bullshit lol.

Good run, try to read up on blackhand. Had some people wondering if it was too hard for the group and would like to prove them wrong.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
That 4 piece is killer for ret. I had like an 8k increase compared to my last Gruul kill.

We got black hand tomorrow. 1 shot

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
So I re-read some of the strats and I think one key thing we were missing is that on the 3 set of marks, someone needs to stand in his hit box on top of the arrows and do some sort of cooldown or be bop'd to eat the physical damage. Afterward that person needs to be healed like crazy through the dot.

I also don't think that the marks were being absorbed by the tank every time on the first two times. Just need to tighten that up as well as other little shit like stepping on bombs and what not. Third, for the balcony phases outside of maybe the first two, the healer should really stay up while we clear them. Lastly, after 3 tanks (and 3 sets (of 3) marks), we should ignore the balconies completely, still take kite and take marks to tank but don't dps it, and hard burn the boss to phase to 30.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah definitely need a healer for balcony. We will revise it for next time. Hope no one got too frustrated. Also hope zalere wasn't mad, was just trying to lighten the mood!!! I wouldn't joke if I didn't think you guys were cool

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
god im trying everything to not have to reinstall everything but todays lag was unplayable my game kept skipping every 2 seconds i no doubt blew ass on blackhand because of this.

Zalere

N00b
Yeah definitely need a healer for balcony. We will revise it for next time. Hope no one got too frustrated. Also hope zalere wasn't mad, was just trying to lighten the mood!!! I wouldn't joke if I didn't think you guys were cool
Na, I wasn't mad at people or anyone in particular. I wasn't even really mad, just annoyed. That fight is annoying as fuck to heal. The raid damage is constant and is a high mana strain, kiting marks to a tank surrounded by people with pbaoe debuffs, dodging bombs on the ground on the way there, healing through the obnoxious debuff mark gives when there is no soak, trying to heal the raid, and on top of it all, the raid is running around like a herd of cats in all directions. So yeah, I wanted to change the LA Riot & Fire Drill tactic to a slightly more controlled one, where we are closer together and a little more predictable in our movements.

Even with the pbaoe damage we pulse out with the debuff (don't know the name), I bet the mushroom(s) could easily out heal its damage so ranged could clump which would help out healers so freaking much.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The aoe damage is just the shots coming from the balcony. The mark debuff is a bleed and does not pulse aoe, but it does hurt the person affected really really bad. The first 2 sets of marks (2 people will be marked each set) absolutely have to be taken behind the siegemaker (tank thing) because it damages it and drops its armor. The siegemakers should really only require a little bit of raid DPS because the bombs and the 2 sets of marks should pretty much kill it. Because of the stacking debuff the balcony players take, it will require a healer on the balcony (except maybe the first time or two). I think one of the things that was happening, was that people got behind the tank with mark when really you want to have the siegemaker between you and blackhand which often mean you will be on the side of it. Additionally people (including myself) got hit by the front of the siege which is painful for a lot of reasons. The siegemaker kiting needs to follow the tanks on a tighter circle keeping it parallel if possible. Bombs are second in priority to getting marks to hit it.

http://www.incendia-eu.com/forum/m/2...tegy/post/last- this is a good summary.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The guys up top are tough because they respawn as we fight. I know on the third launch a second set instantly spawns as we kill the first. Having a healer will be key and will minimize raid damage. Looking at the logs it looks like there are a shitload of bomb hits, so while we will work on positioning the drops better people really need to be hypervigilant of their locations. Nor an easy fight, but I enjoy it!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
For normal difficulty - As far as reducing healing on Marked for Death in p2: As long as everyone gets their marks in the tanks correctly; there will be no need to have anyone soak a mark and be healed (that comes in phase 3!). 3 sets of 2 marks if properly put into the tank will kill the tank before the next one spawns. This will also kill the tank before it can shoot out fire.

Heroic is another thing however. where you need people to soak every 3rd set of marks and DPS needs to pump a little bit of DPS into each one. Otherwise it WILL shoot a firebomb and reduce movement options in the room.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That happens on normal too, at least to us, but maybe we were doing it wrong.

Draegan, we have a minimum of 650 - but we're inching towards heroics so soon we'll be setting it higher

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
That happens on normal too, at least to us, but maybe we were doing it wrong.

Draegan, we have a minimum of 650 - but we're inching towards heroics so soon we'll be setting it higher
If firebombs are landing in Normal, then someone did not get their mark to the tank or tank didn't go over a mine. But the kiter still has to make sure to move the tank over landmines (opens up movement options for tank/melee) and removes the armor plating as well.

So if you do that right on normal. You will A) have less healing to worry about as people wont need to soak a set and B) no firebombs in the room.

In that case we might have been killing the tank too quickly. We were operating under the assumption that we would have to soak one of the Marked for Death sets each time a tank came out or else we would get firebombs on us, since that's what the video I saw suggested (fatboss). If we don't have to worry about that on Normal that should help us out a lot.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Good way to be sure is just watch your timers. In normal, the moment the 2nd tank spawns is when the first one will shoot a firebomb on the floor if it is still alive. More than likely, the Fatboss guide is dated or talking about heroic mode, in which you do need to soak a set of marks. I tend to not fully trust their videos as a lot of times they are inaccurate in one way or another.

*edit* Anyway, did some confirmation. Normal mode tanks wont drop firebomb until the next tank spawns. Kiting them over a mine will put a debuff on them to make them take double damage and remove the armor plating. At that point, marks will kill the tank on their own with no need for anyone to soak a mark before the next tank.

Noahx

N00b
Jumping on this caravan a little late but probably worth the $50 and boosting a class to 90. Any specific classes horribly underperforming atm? I've done Priest, Paladin, DK... looking for dps. Usually partial to healing in PVP as well ... was thinkin Shaman for Ele/Resto or Druid. Feel free to throw out some opinions.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Just got my WoD copy today. Once I get my new computer set up will start playing it and maybe join you guys. Haven't played since Cataclysm.