Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So... I have 6 lvl 100s and would like to raid... I used to raid a bunch back in LK days, but now a one day a week gig seems great. I'd have to server xfer or faction (unless you guys need a DK). My preferred role is tanking, but I'm happy dosing as well.

Here are my toons
Warrior - Prot
Monk - Brewmaster
DK - Blood
Pally - ret/Prot
Hunter - marks
Lock - destruction

Let me know what is needed the most. I'm currently on Bonechewer and all the toons are alliance except the DK, but I wouldn't mind switching if there's a spot available .
Ranged dps is something we've struggled with lately I think. Hunter or Warlock is fine, especially since we have no warlocks and mail loot drops a lot but no one needs it (they just shove it on me to vendor).

Deathknight would be fine I think, especially if you want to work your way into tanking. Noodle will be cutting back his time for the new kid, and I think Antidote prefers dpsing.

Only issue is the cross-faction, because a lot of reports say switching over seems to fuck up your garrison and whatnot. Our raiding ilvl is 650 for BRF I believe, keep that in mind.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Only issue is the cross-faction, because a lot of reports say switching over seems to fuck up your garrison and whatnot. Our raiding ilvl is 650 for BRF I believe, keep that in mind.
They fixed most of the problems with faction changing.

Right now the only downside is your garrison campaign progress is reset. All your followers keep their traits/abilities.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ranged dps is something we've struggled with lately I think. Hunter or Warlock is fine, especially since we have no warlocks and mail loot drops a lot but no one needs it (they just shove it on me to vendor).

Deathknight would be fine I think, especially if you want to work your way into tanking. Noodle will be cutting back his time for the new kid, and I think Antidote prefers dpsing.

I'll still hopefully be tanking saturdays, but I guess I Don't really know what having a kid is like!

We're desperate for ranged, but any class is good for us. If you wanted to tank my suggestion would be to play a DPS and offspec the tank gear that drops. Right now me and Poid are the two tanks and Antidotes steps in if he needs to, if there was another I'm sure Antidotes would appreciate it.

That said, gonna raise requirements to 665 for heroic BRF - unless you have experience with heroic/normal and can justify it.

Combat Log - Ask Mr. Robot - World of Warcraft

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
I'll have my 690 ring next week. I had just got it on my warrior when I switched due to our lack of ranged dps.

Interesting to see how much it helps.

Edit - Also nice work today. We did well.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

its silly how easy it is to get 650, lfr HM / full BRF, ashran world bosses all that combined my DK was 660 in 3 days after hitting 100, and i wasted alot of time in ashran to get 7200 CQ points just for the weapon, and i replaced it with a warforged normal BRF wep my first run, so honestly even if you pick 1 and dont like to raid with it, you already got the annoying part out of the way leveling, switching over and gearing something else is easy, specially since we would funnel drops.

for my opinion i would go tank, or do what noodle said dps / tank off spec, dps are a dime a dozen(most ppl have dps alts or w/e not many tank alts) we could always pug one, but we never want to pug tanks if we have a choice, and we are loosing our MT part time well im not exactly sure how noodles schedule will change but having a backup who likes to tank would be nice, we got gaizy but i beleive he prefers to dps.

Id love to have a variety of toons like that, gearing out is easy and somewhat fun for me doing the raids as different roles is fun.

idk shnarkie its like what 10seconds? im sure it helps but idk how much as a disc priest i can get some shields in and pennence in those 10 seconds.

Defend_sl

shitlord
its silly how easy it is to get 650, lfr HM / full BRF, ashran world bosses all that combined my DK was 660 in 3 days after hitting 100, and i wasted alot of time in ashran to get 7200 CQ points just for the weapon, and i replaced it with a warforged normal BRF wep my first run, so honestly even if you pick 1 and dont like to raid with it, you already got the annoying part out of the way leveling, switching over and gearing something else is easy, specially since we would funnel drops.

for my opinion i would go tank, or do what noodle said dps / tank off spec, dps are a dime a dozen(most ppl have dps alts or w/e not many tank alts) we could always pug one, but we never want to pug tanks if we have a choice, and we are loosing our MT part time well im not exactly sure how noodles schedule will change but having a backup who likes to tank would be nice, we got gaizy but i beleive he prefers to dps.

Id love to have a variety of toons like that, gearing out is easy and somewhat fun for me doing the raids as different roles is fun.

idk shnarkie its like what 10seconds? im sure it helps but idk how much as a disc priest i can get some shields in and pennence in those 10 seconds.
I have a 92 Druid and I also have every other slot/class that isn't 100 at 85, so yah I could play anything really.

Here's a link to my warrior (the character I've played/raided with the most and the one that I'm furthest along with my legendary quest).Defend @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

My monkThunderpalm @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

Here's my Warlock (the 2nd most played I'd think)Picard @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

My Hunter, which I could get stage 4/4 on the other crafted items pretty easily, but as you can see I hate waiting for DPS queues =PHuffandpuff @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

Here's my DK, again I could get stage 4/4 on my crafted items which I believe would get me to 660 pretty easilyDreadpirate @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

My paladin (freshest level 100)Loldps @ Bonechewer - Community - World of Warcraft

I haven't done any raiding beyond LFR because I just can't abide dealing with morons trying to do content that requires thought/attention.

The most raiding I did was in 10 man and I ran the guild... at one point we were running 3 different 10 man raids and 1 25 man raid each week, but I simply couldn't keep trying to coordinate all that and now with two kids I can't even come close to something like that. We did hard mode stuff up through Cata launch, but if I'm being honest our top performance was in LK. I completed Glory of the Icecrown raider on 5/2/2010, which while I'm sure some of you completed it well before that, on our server we were one of the top alliance guilds to make that happen.

I guess my point with posting this small history is to give you an idea of the quality of player you'd be getting and perhaps loosen the ilvl requirements if I decided to play a ranged DPS (which I'd be happy to do, it's just with 6 barns running 24/7 and trying to do legendary quests on 5 characters while completing 3 Shadowmorns my time is a bit stretched!) I'm terrible at pvp and dont really enjoy it so that's not a route I'd like to take to get geared up.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
I'd play whatever your most interested with honestly. That way you enjoy the raiding. Sure we could use ranged dps (especially warlock) and another tank but if you filling those roll isn't fun I wouldn't do it.

Don't think you will find a more relaxed group to raid with. I'd pick what you think you are most interested with and show up for the Friday night normal raid. I guess we have had issues fulfilling a full roster on Friday so Friday isn't a guarantee but we seemed to have no issues last night. As mentioned it isn't too difficult to gear up. At first I geared a warrior dps but found we had half our raid as warrior dps so I switched to boomkin and passed the ilvl requirement in the first week.

If you have any questions if you pick ranged Moord or I can help explain fights as we go (guess I could go over melee dps as well but we have way better melee dps). If you end up tanking I'd say ask Poid but he lets me die randomly so ask Noodle or Antidote hah (apparently he is showing me who is boss). If tanking is what you decide start as dps at our raids and gear tanking. We have very few warrior dps showing up now so you would fill it fine (I apparently scared them all off). Either way you won't see anyone yell at you if you mess something up (or get hit by a train - SORRY). So i'd pick, gear up ilvl, and we will work you in no problem.

This has to be one of the most enjoyable raiding experiences I've had in mmos simply because it is a "minivan" raid as they call it. Nothing is serious. Yet we still pull 9/10 N and then now 6/10 H on our first weekend trying.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 91 Hunter. I've thought for years I need to make a Warlock, and haven't ever tried one. Maybe I'll use my Level 90 Boost on that. Got to 91 on the Hunter, and it's not terrible at all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Glad there are always so many kind words about the minivan raid. I created it without knowing how it would go, but hearing people (even mythic raiders ) say they look forward to it is awesome. Oh yeah, we also are starting to progress like some goddamn pros. A little late but awesome. Regardless of what happens to me, this has been one of my most memorable mmo experiences in a long time. Thanks for being awesome guys. Yes ive had some wine

Crone

Very late to the party, but hope to be able to contribute before the ilvl requirement gets too high because you guys are so awesome.
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Very late to the party, but hope to be able to contribute before the ilvl requirement gets too high because you guys are so awesome.
smile.png
My goal wasn't to exclude. Just with moving to heroics on Saturday we really need people of higher ilvl since we can't carry anyone in progression. I wrote about raising normal ilvl on accident, my brain farted. If you join the Friday runs most of the gear rots, so you'll gear up quick.

Crone

Oh yes, no worries Noodlebro. I'll get there soon enough. I'm still in the "omg WoD is awesome what do I do!" stage. lol.

Had 90 Hunter and Paladin, used my free 90 Boost on a Warlock. And I can't decide just yet which I want to take to 100 first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Alls good man. Any class is good for us, I'm a strong advocate of playing what you love.

There are always exceptions to the ilvl rule. For instance jaletha has done heroic BRF so I didn't mind 655, a fresh player I'd be insecure about.

Elsebet

Peasant
I have to drop out at 9:30 (12:30 est) this Saturday to volunteer at a plant clinic. Unfortunately I'm not permitted to advise on this raid's favorite topic (marijuana) since while it is legal in WA it's still illegal federally (for now).

Crone

Oh shit Bros!! new raid announced!!! I've made a commitment to myself that I'll not miss out on content while it's relevant this time around. Time to bring out the poopsocks to get a toon to 100!!

(source: new patch on PTR)

Paladin, Warlock, or Hunter. FFFFFUUUU