CFB 2012-2013

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
WTF is going on that people are turning down money that would put them in the top 5 of pay?

Dworkk

N00b
ND is gonna is gonna see what ROLL TIDE is all about. I still think it's hilarious they're even in the BCS championship when clearly it should have been Oregon or Stanford playing Bama.
You do know that ND beat Stanford this year? Thats something Oregon couldn't do.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Athletic department revenues for all schools from last year. The top has no suprises but further down there are. I like where they put the number of wins in the season as well
smile.png

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._river_default

smile.png

smile.png

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
You have to do better than that

http://sports.ca.msn.com/headlines/n...in-stanford-nd

You do know that Stanford was down 7 points at the time of that call.
Funny you have to link the same AP feed of one guy's opinion. The guy was never tackled.

Not to mention Stanford hadn't yet changed QB's at that point, and the difference between the Kevin Hogan and the guy they had starting up until him (Nunes) was night and day. Nunes was really pretty bad (aside from one or two really good games like the Arizona one), and for the most part they were winning his starts by way of their surprisingly great defense. When they replaced Nunes with Hogan, they became a complete team. One could easily envision Stanford winning that ND game in regulation with the QB change. Oh well, woulda coulda shoulda. ND "won" the game.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I don't think it's that bad. We got turned down by Gruden, Gundy, Strong(which was the real kick in the balls), and Fedora wouldn't interview because he didn't want to leave after one year. Butch was next. The guy has recruited really well for the Big East, won 4 conference titles in his six years, and isn't Derek Dooley. That sounds like being qualified to me.
Butch is a good coach, and it's not a bad hire. He is not a good recruiter though. Cincy is one of the better talent pools in the country outside of Texas and Florida, so we've seen guys that can recruit well like Kelly and Dantonio pull down some pretty decent talent. Butch hasn't done much of that at all, and I'd say Cincy's recruiting has regressed a little bit.

Butch's big strength is getting everybody together on the same page and those guys playing their hearts out. He'll get the most those guys have to give, and that in and of itself makes him a pretty good coach.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Ah, well I was just going by the recruiting rankings and what the Ohio media guys on local radio are saying today. They seem to think he was a pretty good recruiter who had good connections in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Memphis, and Louisiana.

I'm not thrilled but I'll get behind the guy. I don't think anyone understands just how much the Dooley era pained me. I am ready to move on and forget it ever happened.

Tea_sl

shitlord
He definitely has a large recruiting base that he draws from, but he hasn't really turned that into talent on the field. Mostly the guys he's pulling out of the south are wonky 2 star "athletes" that other programs don't have a good fit for. Like Muchie Legaux was recruited by LSU as a WR, but Butch told him he could play QB at UC. As his benching this year demonstrates there was a reason for that. Of course there is a world of difference between recruiting at Cincy and Tennessee, so he may transition well. He's generally pretty well liked by the media and the players.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
that one guy is The national coordinator of NCAA football officials

This

Notre Dame deserves to be in The BCS game. Not one sportscaster in country would deny it. You are biased by your hate of ND. I get it. Haters gonna Hate!
He's right; I hate Notre Dame with a passion but they deserve to be in the NC game this year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
He definitely has a large recruiting base that he draws from, but he hasn't really turned that into talent on the field. Mostly the guys he's pulling out of the south are wonky 2 star "athletes" that other programs don't have a good fit for. Like Muchie Legaux was recruited by LSU as a WR, but Butch told him he could play QB at UC. As his benching this year demonstrates there was a reason for that. Of course there is a world of difference between recruiting at Cincy and Tennessee, so he may transition well. He's generally pretty well liked by the media and the players.
I hope you guys find another good coach Tea. It sucks that you've made three straight great hires and lost all of them quickly. My one major complaint with Butch was the way he was whoring himself out the last few weeks embarrassing your program. Maybe you'll find someone who's there for the long haul this time.