CFB 2013-2014

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
eaj.gif

04we.gif

1355531670525.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
LOL it's already a clusterfuck and it has only just begun. I can just imagine Mack sitting in some recruits living room in Florida when the kid checks Twitter on his phone and asks Mack what's up with him leaving. Awkward.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MB was stupid to think he could control the message in the age of twitter and the internet. He should have announced on Sunday or Monday. Really though, at this point, fuck him. Get the fuck out MB. Chip Brown also reported Dodds, the former AD of Texas, would announce his retirement in a week or two during the season. Texas and Dodds denied the report, Dodds did an interview about how he is there to stay. Two weeks later he retired, lol.

Rumors of Saban are going to start going crazy. One insider on OB already said Saban will be announced this Friday. I doubt it but wow would that be awesome. With Mack out it is all gravy from hereon.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why would Mack resign and walk away from all his contract money? Granted I'm sure he doesn't need any more money but this is American dammit and there is no fucking way anybody is walking away from any money that they fully don't deserve!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
To be fair, Chip Brown also reported Mizzou to the Big 10, Texas and Oklahoma to the Pac 12, and all sorts of other crazy inaccurate stuff during conference realignment talks over the past few years. Dude seems to just throw a ton of shit against the wall in the hopes that some of it sticks.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would Mack resign and walk away from all his contract money? Granted I'm sure he doesn't need any more money but this is American dammit and there is no fucking way anybody is walking away from any money that they fully don't deserve!
Because he isn't really resigning, it is being called resigning for appearances. Joeboo, other reports are backing up Chip. Comparing reporting a coach resigning to conference realignment isn't fair, it is apples to oranges.

I love reddit right now, talking about Saban to Texas:
]West Virginia Mountaineersthecaits 25 points 2 hours ago
Even though it would guarantee we get our asses kicked every year, I'd love for it to happen.
permalinkparent
[-]Baylor BearsOhSoProfessorial 80 points 2 hours ago
But just think, a quality loss to a Saban team can only INCREASE your ranking!
permalinkparent
[-]West Virginia Mountaineersthecaits 14 points 2 hours ago
It's true! Win-win for us!
permalinkparent
[-]Texas Tech Red Raidersthe_names_Dalton 22 points 2 hours ago
Awesome, now we'll be getting beat by 12-win Texas teams and not-7 win teams! Slap hands!
permalinkparent
[-]West Virginia Mountaineersthecaits 13 points 2 hours ago
slap hands
Losing to Alabama gives you an automatic 3-5 boost in ranking when it comes down to it. 9 Big 12 teams in bowl games, here we come!

07qi.gif

[-]Texas LonghornsEffYourCouch 57 points 2 hours ago
Here Saban-Saban
[-]Texas LonghornsWallyMetropolis 10 points 1 hour ago
Malzahn, please.
permalinkparent
[-]Auburn TigersTheExistentialEnt 7 points 58 minutes ago
Sorry. Nope.
permalinkparent
[-]Auburn Midshipmenweagleweagle 2 points 42 minutes ago
You stay the fuck away

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
lol Auburn fans better get used to the fact that Malzahn has about two, maybe three, seasons at Auburn before he's offered a better position within NCAA, an NFL spot, or fired; all depending on how the seasons go.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Him and his wife got into a bad real estate development deal in Baton Rouge (after they were at Alabama) and I've talked to people who should know that were in it as well and they took a huge hit. Like multi multi millions type of a hit.

One of the wild ass reports had UT covering his real estate debts as part of his contract.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Him and his wife got into a bad real estate development deal in Baton Rouge (after they were at Alabama) and I've talked to people who should know that were in it as well and they took a huge hit. Like multi multi millions type of a hit.

One of the wild ass reports had UT covering his real estate debts as part of his contract.
He is asking about Mack, not Saban.

Re: Saban land deal. There are rumors of two, one at LSU and one at Bama. The one at Bama is suppose to be much worse. He did it with some Bama boosters and the deal had joint liability. Some of the booster's companies declared bankruptcy. Saban is looking at a $10 to $30 million hit on that deal alone. And yes, rumors are the big money boosters will cover the deal. 2 rumors on that: 1. An oil royalty will be gifted that will cover the damages (I doubt this one), 2. Some big boosters tried to raise $10 million to cover Saban's deal, they raise $30 million instead.

He is asking about Mack, not Saban.

Re: Saban land deal. There are rumors of two, one at LSU and one at Bama. The one at Bama is suppose to be much worse. He did it with some Bama boosters and the deal had joint liability. Some of the booster's companies declared bankruptcy. Saban is looking at a $10 to $30 million hit on that deal alone. And yes, rumors are the big money boosters will cover the deal. 2 rumors on that: 1. An oil royalty will be gifted that will cover the damages (I doubt this one), 2. Some big boosters tried to raise $10 million to cover Saban's deal, they raise $30 million instead.
But don't even fucking think about paying players to play college football. And if they accept a free tattoo or something...hold on to your butts.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Any of you slack jawed army faggots wanna put down a month profile avatar bet for the Navy vs Army Game? I'll even give you the line cause yall are so inept at strategy and execution.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a Tennessee fan, all I have to say is careful what you wish for. I totally get watching a coach just not "get it" at games and want to pull your hair out and strangle the man. However, things could get much worse. Not saying it is not possible, especially when you consider the person, but I really don't see Saban leaving Bama.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Any of you slack jawed army faggots wanna put down a month profile avatar bet for the Navy vs Army Game? I'll even give you the line cause yall are so inept at strategy and execution.
While I enjoy the idea of the tradition of the Army/Navy games and what they mean to a lot of people in our armed forces, as purely just a fan of college football those games couldn't be more snooze-inducing. They're like watching old football film from the era before the forward pass.