CFB 2013-2014

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mack's whipping out his six shooter. Foggy better get ready son. You have a showdown at high noon.

Mack Brown Refutes Report That He Will Resign as Texas Longhorns Head Coach | Bleacher Report

Nick Saban Texas Longhorns Rumors: Mack Brown Says Hes Not Resigning, Tide Coach Quiet : News : University Herald

"There's no chance," Herbstreit said of the chances Saban would leave Alabama for Texas. "No chance of that happening. Nick Saban will work TV sitting next to us on our set before he'll be the head coach at Texas... He'll be at Alabama for another five years, and then he'll be working TV after that... I know Nick Saban better than anybody. It's not going to happen."

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Here's the newest Saban conspiracy theory...

Some are saying that Saban is asking for a % ownership of the Texas Longhorn Network(the exact % varies by source). Sounds ridiculous, until you consider the fact that ESPN is hiring Saban to be an analyst during the BCS Championship game broadcast, and ESPN basically co-owns the LHN with Texas. ESPN really, really needs the LHN to do well, it's kind of floundering at the moment. It's possible that ESPN is exerting some influence and possibly cash to make the whole "Saban to Texas" thing a reality.

We could end up with the first documented case of a TV network actually playing a role in a coach hiring. Talk about a mess, I don't think any college football fan wants ESPN to start telling schools who they should or shouldn't hire. But then again, look at what Nike and Adidas do in the college basketball world, they control where players go, so why wouldn't someone want to do the same with coaches. Coaches are the most marketable figurehead for football programs, not really individual players since they come and go.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That would be a complete conflict of interest and should not be allowed... I have a hard time swallowing the idea of ESPN owning all these networks for various conferences and schools to be honest...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The shoe thing should also be a conflict of interest, but apparently Adidas can offer a kid in high school 100+ million for an endorsement contract as long as he goes to an Adidas school. Pretty much the same thing(maybe even worse, at least coaches are already paid employees)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And supposedly Saban has had a contract extension offer from Alabama sitting on his desk since last Friday that he has yet to sign and agree to. That has to be making Alabama nervous.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every minute that goes by that Saban hasn't addressed the rumors or agreed to the extension, the more likely he ends up at Texas.

Also Herby doesn't know shit. He reported Miles agreed to be the next Michigan coach.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Honestly , no one can give credence to anything of the parties are saying or denials , Saban was denying leaving Miami on the car ride to the airport to fly to Tuscaloosa.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most definitely, Saban is the last guy I'd use as a source as to what his final decision is. You know Texas is going to... well throw $Texas at him, but if he declines it won't be true until someone other than Saban says it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I hope Saban retires. I want him out of the SEC but the insufferable Longhorns will be even more insufferable if they pull in the GOAT, and even the butthurt of the bammers is not worth dealing with that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see Saban leaving, who does Texas have worth mentioning right now player wise? Its a long term deal, he has a short term deal already(with better players all around) and wants more money entertaining the idea.

EDIT in short foggy, shut the fuck up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Honestly , no one can give credence to anything of the parties are saying or denials , Saban was denying leaving Miami on the car ride to the airport to fly to Tuscaloosa.
The reason he's not liked at LSU isn't that he left, it's that he was on the phone giving a radio interview while boarding the plane of the Dolphins at the Baton Rouge airport saying he was not going anywhere.

I personally don't care where he winds up as long as he screws both the school he goes to and comes from at the same time
smile.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see Saban leaving, who does Texas have worth mentioning right now player wise? Its a long term deal, he has a short term deal already(with better players all around) and wants more money entertaining the idea.

EDIT in short foggy, shut the fuck up.
There are a whole host of reasons why he would do it. The quality of players probably has nothing to do with his ultimate decision. He obviously enjoys program building. Not to mention, you think he recruits well at bama? Place him at the flagship school in what might be the most talent rich state, that has more resources than any other school and it's own fucking network, holy fuck, it would be be like nothing we have ever seen.

Oh Gilg, don't hate, just embrace your new longhorn overlords.