CFB 2013-2014

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of suprised me today when I heard that there are only 6 active head coaches in college football with a championship that are actively coaching. Interesting Texas wanted a big name coach and only 6 out there have a title that are working as a head coach.

Miles, Saban, Stoops, Meyer, Coker and Spurrier.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is more about tv deals than individual teams. Texas is low because of LHN but makes more money from tv (which is what really matters).

Also, Forbes 2013 cfb out again and Texas is way out in front despite another down year lol.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There is more of a chance you'd get Saban and the Harbaugh bros all together as assistants than landing Meyer. It's like dividing by zero infinity times. He's already at the best program in cfb.
Ohio State ranked 75th in the Strength of Schedule breakdown.

Which reminds me of Hawaii's schedule the year they made it to the Sugar Bowl in NO. Georgia ended up scoring 50+ on them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember if it was Finebaum or a local Arkansas show but they were putting a lot of weight behind the fact that Nussmeier was like #1 on a few Coaching searches and Kiffin coming to be coordinator for Alabama and Saban would be like the one place in history he may be able to put his baggage behind him and show he still has value. I mean even with all the douchebaggery and crap Kiffin has pulled at least at Alabama he'd be overshadowed by Saban and the Crimson Tide brand. I also don't think Saban gives a fuck about politics and what happened at USC or Tennessee, and what this looks like to the outside world or media. He's doing his thing and thinks Kiffin is the right guy to bring in right now and study tape.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Michigan and UF scheduled a game for the opener of the 2017 season in Dallas. Will be UF's first non conference game out of state since 1991. Damn.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Michigan and UF scheduled a game for the opener of the 2017 season in Dallas. Will be UF's first non conference game out of state since 1991. Damn.
ya must be nice not having teams worth a damn in Ohio to play (or any of FSU cailber in all of Big 10)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So Arkansas State hires Blake Anderson from UNC to be the next head coach that will stay a year and leave to go coach somewhere else. Previously Hugh Freeze (to Ole Miss), Gus Malzahn (to Auburn), and Bryan Harsin (to Boise). Arkansas State isn't exactly news worthy but there are a couple of interesting points I guess. Even though they've had three coaches in three years Ark State won the Sun Belt Conference those years, as well as going to a bowl game each year. Blake Anderson will get like $700,000 a year and the first two years have a $3M buyout, year 3 is $2M, and year 4 is $1M. The other strange thing is that apparently none of (or a select couple of) the Little Rock or local sports stations were notified about the 2pm press conference to make this announcement. I was in a meeting with a customer this afternoon and no one was talking about Ark State finding a head coach and then at 4:15 on the drive home they were all like, "if we had known we'd have been there! no one notified us lol"

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Coach who was on Sarkisian's staff at Washington under investigation - latimes.com

So there are allegations that Tosh Lupoi paid for a tutor for this recruit to make grades to get into UW. Lupoi is most likely going to USC with Sark and if there is any evidence that Sark had knowledge of this he will have to be fired immediately due the sanctions SC is under.

There is speculation that the whistle blower is someone affiliated with SC that was unhappy with the Sark hire. If Sark gets canned I will laugh my ass off, probably not very likely but can you imagine how funny that shit would be?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The world may just end on Nov 21st, 2015. Arguably the douchiest fanbase descends upon the douchiest stadium as Notre Dame plays at Fenway Park

Notre Dame unveils 2014-2016 schedules | CSN Chicago

Also of note, it looks like Notre Dame is talking teams into playing at neutral sites rather than doing true home & home series. Notre Dame only has 3 true road games in 2014 (6 home, 3 neutral, 3 road).

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Kinda sad that paying for a tutor could get someone in trouble honestly. But NCAA and all.
Yeah, at the end of the day the guy was trying to help a kid get into college. I guess the tutor was hired after he signed his letter of intent too, but rules are rules and if this one fucks Sark I am all for it.

Btw, I guess the kid did not make grades either and never got in ... lawls!