CFB 2013-2014

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A&M is an anomaly due to randomly having the best player in school history appear out of nowhere. Even with him their best finish was 5th in the SEC. They will be back to being their usual shit show next year.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I somehow have my doubts of Sumlin sticking around at A&M long term and keeping them as good as they've been the last 2 years. Previous to Sumlin and JFF arriving in 2012, A&M had only won 8 or more games in a season twice in the previous decade. They only went to 5 bowl games in those 10 years, and only won 1 bowl game. They were not good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And if georgia was in the west their best finish would be.... 6th? Calm down broseph, stop getting your jimmies rustled over simple discussion.

Anyone that objectively watches CFB realizes that Bama is playing its own game. The rest of the SEC is good, but no better than the other top teams from the other conferences. Its bama that tips the scales and screws up the bowls for everyone. LSU, Auburn, Florida, etc all have great teams every few years... but bama is elite EVERY year. They don't fall off. they don't rebuild. It's ridiculous. I'm not sure I've seen them ever outplayed. Sure, they lose... but typically in their losses the other team played out of their mind. Bama should just quit playing football so everyone else can have fun.
You obviously don't remember the DuBose, Franchione, Price, Shula era of Alabama football.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
FYI- MSU has 3 11+ win seasons in the last 4 years with 2 different QBs (Cousins and now Cook). I would have agreed with you if you said this after Cousins left (and with a 7-6 season it was thought to be true). But the MSU QB isn't the reason this team is good. The defense is great and there is MORE talent waiting in the background.
You had some other great points in there too but I didn't want a huge quote tag: Then I stand corrected. I LIKE MSU's story. I do, I really love their coach and his train sized balls. He's built a great system up there. I know they have been good, and last year was just a down year, but I didn't realize they were 11+ win good. Main problem being is the 49 point shellacking they took from Bama in the Outback/Capital One bowl a couple years back.

And I hope you are right about MSU having the future building up and that they can keep Dantonio, because, God knows the Big 10 needs it. If they can get Wisconsin, OSU, Mich, and Mich St to continue being the perennial powers along with Nebraska and Penn State having great seasons at least two or three times a decade, then they will be a strong conference.

As far as the fears of the new playoff: I am actually pretty confident that it will never have two teams in the same conference in there. Remember this committee is made of representatives from all the power conferences, and yeah sure, Slive and his guys will vote that all day, but the rest of them will disagree. However, I really think this is all solved if they just have an 8 team playoff where the champs of all the conferences are in. Makes the regular season still matter as a loss in your conference could spell certain doom, and it's still as objective as I think you can possibly get in this situation. If you want in? Win it's that simple. You may have a seeding you don't agree with but at least you have a shot.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I somehow have my doubts of Sumlin sticking around at A&M long term and keeping them as good as they've been the last 2 years. Previous to Sumlin and JFF arriving in 2012, A&M had only won 8 or more games in a season twice in the previous decade. They only went to 5 bowl games in those 10 years, and only won 1 bowl game. They were not good.
Ehh, I dunno. That one bowl win was a really good bowl win. The Galleryfurniture.com bowl is basically the pinnacle of achievement in college football.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SEC is on it's way out, the ACC will probably be the new king. I hope the Bama fans cry themselves to death when they realize their conference sucks and has for awhile.
LOL

nice

Dumar has some competition in the Troll Dept.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He has already interviewed Franklin and Strong as well. He is interviewing all the last resort candidates at the moment.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Nothing says t.u. like hiring the coach who just got slammed by Central Florida.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
You had some other great points in there too but I didn't want a huge quote tag: Then I stand corrected. I LIKE MSU's story. I do, I really love their coach and his train sized balls. He's built a great system up there. I know they have been good, and last year was just a down year, but I didn't realize they were 11+ win good. Main problem being is the 49 point shellacking they took from Bama in the Outback/Capital One bowl a couple years back.

And I hope you are right about MSU having the future building up and that they can keep Dantonio, because, God knows the Big 10 needs it. If they can get Wisconsin, OSU, Mich, and Mich St to continue being the perennial powers along with Nebraska and Penn State having great seasons at least two or three times a decade, then they will be a strong conference.

As far as the fears of the new playoff: I am actually pretty confident that it will never have two teams in the same conference in there. Remember this committee is made of representatives from all the power conferences, and yeah sure, Slive and his guys will vote that all day, but the rest of them will disagree. However, I really think this is all solved if they just have an 8 team playoff where the champs of all the conferences are in. Makes the regular season still matter as a loss in your conference could spell certain doom, and it's still as objective as I think you can possibly get in this situation. If you want in? Win it's that simple. You may have a seeding you don't agree with but at least you have a shot.
Ya, i think its clear for the big10 to be taken seriously they need their brands to perform better. It needs to be 3 of OSU/Mich/Neb/PSU and 2 of the others performing well annually to have any credibility. Right now, out of the 4 brands, only 1 is living up to the hype.

I always feel bad for Wisconsin. Want to see a successful program? Look at their record/success over the last 10-15 years.. its quite amazing... Yet they are still treated like a nobody brand. Really makes what Florida was able to do even more impressive. A program with no history is now considered a blue blood based on Spurrier/Meyer's success. Its pretty incredible.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ya, i think its clear for the big10 to be taken seriously they need their brands to perform better. It needs to be 3 of OSU/Mich/Neb/PSU and 2 of the others performing well annually to have any credibility. Right now, out of the 4 brands, only 1 is living up to the hype.

I always feel bad for Wisconsin. Want to see a successful program? Look at their record/success over the last 10-15 years.. its quite amazing... Yet they are still treated like a nobody brand. Really makes what Florida was able to do even more impressive. A program with no history is now considered a blue blood based on Spurrier/Meyer's success. Its pretty incredible.
I hate Wisconsin. That was the most depressing trip to Orlando in the world for the Capital One Bowl.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
im not lying.

I was feeling fine and then then they let that bag of slobber rant. Holtz gave me a headache.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nebraska (unranked - 8 win) defeats SEC opponent (ranked - 8 win).
Iowa (unranked - 8 win) loses by 7 to SEC opponent (ranked - 9 win) - by 7 points.
Wisconsin (rank 19 - 9win) loses to SEC opponent (rank 9 - 10win) - by 10 points.
MSU (rank 4 - 12 win) defeats Stanford (rank 5 - 11 win)

Add the Minnesota loss (4pts) and Michigan loss (terrible).
You forgot one thing. The "who gives a shit factor". Most SEC schools really get deep into the who gives a shit when they are ranked in the top 25 (or way higher) and get matched up with another conferences team that is unranked. Double so after you play teams like Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, A&M, Missouri etc...on your regular schedule and get pumped up for them year after year.\

Sure you are "supposed" to get pumped to play in a bowl. But let's take LSU. They played Alabama, A&M, Auburn, Georgia all this year and many of those games were in front of crowds that were larger than the capacity of the bowl they played in by 50%.