CFB 2013-2014

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ealy should blow up at the combine. His measurables and athleticism will basically be just like Aldon Smith was. Super long arms, huge hands, very quick first step. Sam is more of a motor guy, not the freakiest athlete, but a guy that never quits giving 100% on every play. Sam probably projects out to be a linebacker more than a DE. Throw in our CB EJ Gaines possibly going late in the 1st round as well and the draft should be pretty entertaining for Mizzou fans.

And really at this point, mock drafts are almost useless. Everything changes once the combine happens here in a couple weeks.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nick Saban, Bret Bielema backed committee's proposal of slow-down rule - ESPN

What a joke the NCAA has become. As Maisel says in the video there, this is some bullshit sham by Saban etc to pretend worrying about injuries as a mask to slow down offenses that gives them trouble defending. The same guy who routinely dropped scholarships from injured players and oversigned class after class suddenly cares about athletes......lawl.
QFFT. Don't like that you cannot sub defensive players in while an offense that sacrifices putting their best guys in every play for one that has better all around players that don't need to sub? Fake injuries and then try to get a rule change citing the number of "injuries" that have happened because of the hurry up.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is the Death of the Big 12 Inevitable? | Bleacher Report

Makes sense, the Big 12 needs to get bigger to get a championship game, but there's basically no other football programs out there that would improve the conference, that aren't already in one of the other 4 power conferences. And at this point no one in their right mind would leave the SEC, Pac12, B10, or ACC to join the Big 12

Conveniently, the Big 12 has exactly the amount of teams(10) to get the other 4 power conferences up to 16 teams apiece if it were to disband and join them.

I could see a scenario like:
TCU, Texas Tech, Texas and Baylor to the Pac 12

WVU & kansas to the ACC

Iowa St & K-state to the Big 10

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St to the SEC

Gets all 4 of those conferences up to 16 teams, and our 4-team BCS playoff each year works perfectly. Each conference champ. And the conference championship games basically act as a round of 8 playoff.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Texas and OU will stick together, OU, Texas, OSU, and Tech to Pac 12. I also think the power of the ACC is overplayed. Big 12 schools make more money than ACC ones. Clemson, FSU, and four more would make the big 12 insanely profitable.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The problem with the B12 and ACC both(and really any conference) is that no one really wants those bottom 3 or 4 teams.

No football conference wants kansas or iowa st, just like no one really would want duke or wake forrest football if the ACC fell apart. Hell if the SEC or B10 fell apart in some bizarro world, no one wants Vandy, Kentucky, Indiana, Northwestern, or Purdue either. The key will be is if a conference does completely fall apart, can those schools with bad football programs latch on to the coattails of a larger program in some sort of a package deal. Iowa St really has no one to latch on to as a package deal in the B12, and K-state *barely* makes kansas more enticing as a package as opposed to alone. Oklahoma St and Oklahoma is a nice package deal for a conference, Texas could probably take any other team or two with them and a conference would be happy to have them. Baylor and TCU are boned though if Texas doesn't pull some strings to help them out if the B12 sinks. Baylor and TCU have had recent good seasons, but the schools are so small that they bring in almost no additional revenue to a conference.

I always thought the SEC would go to a 16 team "super conference" by going into North Carolina and Virginia, with NC State, UNC, Virginia Tech, and Virginia being the schools. With the ACC either dying or going full basketball with new programs from the northeast. WVU and K-State don't make any sense, I don't think.

This was before Missouri and TAMU, but I still think they're probably interested in VT and NC State at some point. UNC is probably irreversibly married to the ACC basketball mafia and UVA might be the worst football program in FBS (unless they want another Vandy to bump the GPAs up and let the big boys feed on on the field), but the other two get both state markets plus DC with the legions of Hokies in this area.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big 12 really should go hard after FSU, Clemson, Miami, VT, and UVA. Take the football schools out of a basketball conference. Find one more east coast school and you have an amazing conference with the huge footprint. The 6 new east schools plus wva and I guess Iowa state because fuck them for half the conference. Other half, UT, Tech, Baylor, TCU, OU, OSU, KSt, KU. That would be a badass conference.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Foggy

the only guy I know that wears the avatar bet far after he should.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Cincy has been literally begging anyone to take them for a couple years now. They'd join the Pac 12 if they had a shot in hell of actually getting an invite.

I don't mean literally in modern sense of figuratively either. They fucked though.

Big 12 really should go hard after FSU, Clemson, Miami, VT, and UVA. Take the football schools out of a basketball conference. Find one more east coast school and you have an amazing conference with the huge footprint. The 6 new east schools plus wva and I guess Iowa state because fuck them for half the conference. Other half, UT, Tech, Baylor, TCU, OU, OSU, KSt, KU. That would be a badass conference.
Georgia Tech. Very strong on academics there too. Could probably be a consistently decent football program if they phased out that gimmick offense that regularly scares away top QB/WR. That setup actually looks really interesting. It'd probably be time for a totally new name and branding, maybe one that would be relevant to the clear East vs West setup you'd have.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think the ACC would have better odds of picking up 2 B12 teams, than the B12 would have of trying to pick up 6(!) ACC teams.

The B12 is just too small, theres no chance they find 6 new schools to join them at this point, unless they start taking total jokes like Colorado St, or New Mexico or crap like that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the ACC would have better odds of picking up 2 B12 teams, than the B12 would have of trying to pick up 6(!) ACC teams.

The B12 is just too small, theres no chance they find 6 new schools to join them at this point, unless they start taking total jokes like Colorado St, or New Mexico or crap like that.
You are mistaking size of a conference for power. Money = power. The Big 12 makes more money per school than the ACC. No Big 12 school is going to leave for less money unless the end of the conference is imminent, which it isn't. The ACC also has a well documented power struggle between the football and basketball schools.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I always thought the restriction on alcohol sales was done on a conference by conference basis. I know the Big 12/NCAA always made the Sprint Center here in Kansas City stop their beer sales during the Big 12 basketball tournament, same with no beer sales at Arrowhead during MU/ku football games, or the Big 12 championship game.

Did something change to now put that decision back in the hands of individual schools? I just assumed West Virginia was already doing it because they were in a podunk conference before that allowed it, and the B12 just grandfathered in their allowance of it, since they were already doing it when they joined.

About damn time I say.