CFB 2013-2014

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If A&M can hire a black coach, Texas can.
Oh they definitely can. Texas has long had a reputation as an Uncle Tom school though, dating back to being the last all white national champion. I don't think they will because the people doing the search and hiring, all the big donors, are old crusty white dudes.

Not to mention, A&M was kinda forced into hiring Sumlin. They couldn't get their top choices to even interview and they really needed something to spark them and stand out for their move to the SEC. Plus they were coming off of 3 or 4 big failures with old white dudes with white hair in a row.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Plus they were coming off of 3 or 4 big failures with old white dudes with white hair in a row.
Oh Francione. Such high expectations after New Mexico and TCU. Had some big shoes to fill after Slocum, but man he sucked.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Funniest thing I have ever read on a message board - Texags during the Fran era. The phrase "What the Fran is going on here" will forever be etched in my memory.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Texas has a unique opportunity to dominate college football in a way we haven't seen since Princeton and Yale, but they won't.
Nick Saban is not going to coach Texas. So, unless the real best coach in college football is in hiding, and only Texas knows about him, then, No, Texas is not uniquely positioned to do shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah like, last December when it happened... I mean, what would you like to discuss at this point?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My new coach can really recruit.

The team on the field this year....not so much. Fuckin idiot Bray.
With only one year left, I'm not sure Bray would have been able to grasp the new offense in that short amount of time. Not only that losing all his targets also didn't help. I really think Butch is going to end up being pretty good as a coach, but this first year is shaping up to be pretty rough.

And on the comment about Franklin. My personal opinion is he shows a lot of promise but I really think he needs to rise in the ranks and hit a "mid tier" school, or stay at Vandy until he can consitantly pull off .800 - .900 seasons which I will admit would be extremely tough to pull off. He's taken a lot of good kids and coached them way up in Vandy. However, I'm not sure how he'd handle going to a school that is going to demand he have no more than 1 or 2 losses a year, and be at least in NC talks every year.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fuck Mike Slive. Today during the SEC championship baseball game he said it looks like it will be 2016 or 2017 before the SEC schedule gets off the "bridge" schedule. What a fucking joke.

Borzak

If that game didn't hurt, then you aren't a football fan. Period.

LSU in Athens until 2017? ; )
No, means they are going to rotate 1 team on a year to year basis with basically no plan until 2016/2017.

Likely means GA won't play Bama again for at least 5+ years even tho they were the matchup that got bumped to make room for the bridge schedule last year. The bridge schedule was supposed to last 1 year with the expansion last year.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
No, means they are going to rotate 1 team on a year to year basis with basically no plan until 2016/2017.

Likely means GA won't play Bama again for at least 5+ years even tho they were the matchup that got bumped to make room for the bridge schedule last year. The bridge schedule was supposed to last 1 year with the expansion last year.
so each team just gets a random team out of the other end of the conference? we don't play at LSU next year?

Borzak

so each team just gets a random team out of the other end of the conference? we don't play at LSU next year?
Nobody knows at this point. The 2013 schedule is supposed to be out this week. They are still up in the air in what they are going to do for the number of rotating and permanent teams. Alabama is pretty much driving the bus at this point that they like it as is with their permanent being Tenn.

I would imagine GA is going to return the LSU game next year but who knows. This was one of the big reasons I didn't like the conference expansion because it screws up the schedule and makes it even longer between non division teams that are not your permanent. If they keep it with 1 rotating non permanent I think it's up to 10 years before you roll around to start playing the other teams again or something similar. That's a long time to play in a conference and not play each other.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
If they keep it with 1 rotating non permanent I think it's up to 10 years before you roll around to start playing the other teams again or something similar. That's a long time to play in a conference and not play each other.
I do agree with you. I like Saban's plan a lot (essentially, greatly reduce the number of teams in the highest division of football). The idea of non-conference games in a 120-or-however-many schools league is just ridiculous anyway. I'd much rather have a 12 game SEC schedule than what we have now.

Borzak

I do agree with you. I like Saban's plan a lot (essentially, greatly reduce the number of teams in the highest division of football). The idea of non-conference games in a 120-or-however-many schools league is just ridiculous anyway. I'd much rather have a 12 game SEC schedule than what we have now.
I didn't even like the schedule when we had 12 teams, now that it's 14 I dislike it even more. I understand teams want to keep rivals but LSU really has no built in rivals and we play Florida every year. I don't mind playing Florida but it's not some great rivalry for us. The flip side of that because of the permanent and rotating schedule we never got to play Tenn. while Peyton was QB there, at least they dropped 2 permanents down to 1 but now that they added another team it's back to the same deal.

I know this comes off as a sore loser post but I really don't see how Bama can drop GA from their schedule and pick up Vandy in the bridge schedule two years in a row and now looks like it might go on for another few years when it was supposed to be 1-2 years tops. I'm glad we are playing GA so I guess it's a wash for us.

Borzak

The SEC voted today to keep the "bridge" schedule for 2013/2014 with 6 in division games, 1 rotating non division and 1 permanent non division game. They said possibly the next time they change it they would go to 2 rotating and move to 9 conference games.

Borzak

http://www.wafb.com/story/22460121/l...e-for-adoption

Les miles rappelled off a 24 story building today.

lesmiles.jpg