CFB 2013-2014

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is he going to get hire a coach before he leaves? That's pretty odd.
No, he is just staying on the payroll until then so his annuity will kick in. He will switch to advisory role when a new ad is hired, which will occur on or before December first.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Still seems like cutting it close. Get an AD in there and get them up to speed with whatever UT calls their backer program before a coach search can get kicked off. Or does the university pay 100% of the salary there?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still seems like cutting it close. Get an AD in there and get them up to speed with whatever UT calls their backer program before a coach search can get kicked off. Or does the university pay 100% of the salary there?
University pays 100% of all Athletic Department salaries at Texas. What will probably happen is the Big Money Donors ("BMDs") will formulate a list of candidates and then use backdoor channels and IMG to vet the list, narrowing it down in the process. Then the BMDs and the new AD will work together to pick a new coach in December from that list. This is assuming Saban says no to a grandfather offer, if such an offer is even made.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Suspensions spreading at Alabama

Alabama coach placed on leave for giving money to HaHa Clinton-Dix | Saturday Down South

Coming on the heels of Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix's suspension, the Tuscaloosa News is reporting that Alabama assistant strength and conditioning coach Corey Harris has been placed on administrative leave for giving Clinton-Dix a short-term loan for an amount less than $500. This is an NCAA violation.

Moreover, Harris apparently has a connection to a representative of a sports agent; however, it is unclear at this time whether or not Clinton-Dix had any contact with an agent or agent representative.

Bank records support the claim that Clinton-Dix paid back Harris for the amount reportedly lent to him previous.

While this seems like silliness over a few hundred bucks, the reality is that everyone on staff at Alabama knows you can't do this. If you get caught, it jeopardizes the college career of the player and the employment of the coach. While Clinton-Dix is expected to have a fruitful NFL career, Corey Harris' career might suffer as a result of such an action.

We'll continue to keep an eye on this situation."
Sets up nicely for Saban to get the hell out of Dodge and head to Texas after the season, before the NCAA really starts poking it's nose around Alabama

Borzak

They would just slap him with the same thing they did to Tresse, a program would have to show cause to the NCAA as to why they want to hire him for 5 years after his termination or the sanctions follow the coach to the new program. It was actually being rumored he was suspended on Tuesday. Really thought it was going to be nothing considering it took two days to get an official word.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Common sense dictates this happens to a certain degree at every single major program. Unfortunately "fan" and "common sense" don't play nicely with each other so it's all HE'S A FUCKING DIRTY CHEATER!!!

Borzak

A&M fans are already talking about an ineligible player and being unbeated now lol. Most likely since he has "proof" that he repaid it they'll come down on the program and coach if anything (and that's no guarantee) and not the player.

LSU had a similar situation, but it got involved because there was a guy who didn't work for LSU involved. It's a long story. Guy was a junior college transfer and there was a gap from when he left his old school to when the dorms opened at LSU for players and the coach loaned him some money for rent one month. Long story short LSU self reported, kicked the player off the team and fired the coach and self imposed 2 scholarship penalty for 2 years. The player lost his eligibility in the NCAA for good and he went to Canada to play, but I guess the big difference is he never played at LSU.

I'm not sure they will even do anything to a player anymore.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They won't dare touch Saban unless they can prove he knew it, covered it up, or ordered it.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Am I missing something here? Why isn't Alabama then forced to forfeit all the games this guy played in because he wasn't eligible?

Oh wait, because the only teams that really get hammered by the NCAA are USC and TOSU.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Jesus. I read that, and after every paragraph I thought "Well, at least it can't get any worse".

And then it did.

It sounds like the guy they were heckling is the kind of guy that won't let something like this go. Hope he doesn't. Fuck Ole Miss.
Yeah, but the funniest part of the article to me as his quote about:

...that was something that really made me realize that some people at Ole Miss and in Mississippi still can't accept me for who I am.
Umm, welcome to Mississippi?

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Am I missing something here? Why isn't Alabama then forced to forfeit all the games this guy played in because he wasn't eligible?

Oh wait, because the only teams that really get hammered by the NCAA are USC and TOSU.
Ohio State cheated, tried to cover it up, and got caught. After they got caught, they tried to deny it, resisted firing the people responsible, and refused to self impose any penalty of meaning (and lost their 10th consecutive bowl game against the SEC in the process).

For all of this, they received the very modest penalty of one post season ban. You got off easy. Stop crying.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Ohio State cheated, tried to cover it up, and got caught. After they got caught, they tried to deny it, resisted firing the people responsible, and refused to self impose any penalty of meaning (and lost their 10th consecutive bowl game against the SEC in the process).

For all of this, they received the very modest penalty of one post season ban. You got off easy. Stop crying.
Are you lost again? TOSU self-reported. Had they lawyered up like A&M, then maybe we'd got a slap on the wrist too.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Are you lost again? TOSU self-reported. Had they lawyered up like A&M, then maybe we'd got a slap on the wrist too.
I'm 95% certain the story broke with a yahoo.com article (like it normally does), but I honestly don't give enough shits to prove you wrong.

Besides, why self-report if you're not going to self-penalize? Fuck, you lobbied (successfully) to have the ineligible players made eligible for the bowl game. That doesn't make any fucking sense. You thought you were going to get away with it and *then* all of the tressle shit came out. Hence the cover up. Nooowwwww I remember.