CFB 2013-2014

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Mizzou is a Georgia clone at best.

Stanford lost to a 4-4 Utah team. If he thinks they're good, he must think tOSU are worldbeaters. How about reality instead: Oregon was terribly overrated and feasted on awful PAC12 defenses? Nowai!!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nobody gets any carry-over credit for anything done last year other than the national champion. We're basically at the point where everyone else has to prove themselves worthy to play Alabama for the title, and nothing other than what happens on the field this season is going to count for anything.

And so far looking at this season, Ohio St is about 3rd or 4th in line of teams deserving to play for the title at the end of the year.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Most years, not even the National champ gets a lot of credit going into the next year(depending on who they lose), but you win 3 out of 4 and you build up a lot of good will with the voters, at that point you get the benefit of the doubt that you're damn good until proven otherwise.

Stanford did do Ohio St a big favor tonight, but Baylor still has a very good chance of jumping Ohio St in the BCS if Baylor wins the next couple weeks. They play 3 straight ranked teams starting with tonight.

If everyone wins out that is undefeated now, it ends up 1. Alabama 2. Fla St 3. Baylor 4. Ohio St

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well played Stanford student
XJXzWeo.jpg

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Well shit. Went to bed early and I missed the rest of Oregon's dismantling *and* Dumar flipping his shit.

Two questions for you, Dumar. Why are you so drunk on a Thursday? And will you tell me the story again about how Iowa is a quality win? That was my favorite.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus, it must be the end of the world..... I actually agree with whatsa.

Go home Dumar, you're drunk.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm quite sober. I don't get drunk on the national narrative or let ESPN control my thinking through hype that promotes their business, unlike some.

ACC is no different than it ever was. The only difference is now it's hyped up through media perception and that national narrative. Wins against Wisconsin or Michigan State are as good or better than wins against Miami or Clemson.

Alabama has played one average team in A&M, and that team has no defense to speak of.

Oregon has played no one until Stanford dismantled them. The same Stanford team that lost to a 4-4 Utah.

Baylor's claim to fame is that they're undefeated.

Ohio State is 21-0 with the best Oline and RB+dual threat QB tandem in the country, with an above average defense. They can play with or beat anyone. The difference is that reality is bad for ESPN's business.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Oregon beat Washington and UCLA, those teams are not complete push overs.
Stick UCLA in the Big 10 West or whatever they call it nowadays, and they're playing in the Big 10 title game. They're damn good, and have a great QB. They absolutely destroyed Nebraska @ Nebraska. That's the 3rd best team in the Big 10.

Ohio St might actually be good, but nobody knows because they haven't played anyone of note in their non-con, and their conference is a dumpster fire.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ohio States defense is very suspect. In their only halfway decent non-con game, they gave up 34 points to a Cal team that has gone on to only score over 17pts once in Pac12 play.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Ohio State would definitely get beat by Alabama/FSU/Stanford. They would probably get beat by the "average" A&M team who puts up 45 on everyone. I give Baylor a 50/50 shot at OSU. Baylor would jump out to 35-7 halftime lead, then depending on buckeye band performance they might motivate them to actually play.

If nothing else, the playoffs are worth it simply for shutting up ohio state fans parroting the Poll/BCS unfair shit. Going to be glorious watching them get their shit kicked in during the semifinals every year. And then when they expand to 8 teams, the quarterfinals. Feast on B10 schedule to make the playoffs, lose to SEC/PAC12/lolB12.

jets-linebacker-bart-scott-patents-famous-cant-wait-rant.jpg

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Ohio State has the most BCS wins and BCS appearances. We've been in more BCS games than the entire ACC conference combined. So yeah, it shall be glorious.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Because there's no competition in your conference

Ohio St is 20-23 all time in bowl games. If you only want to look at somewhat modern history, you're 9-13 since 1990.

It's Ohio State M.O. Roll a weak B10, lose their bowl game to a more athletic team. To be even more specific, you're 1-9 against the SEC in bowl games since 1990, the only win being against Arkansas by 5 points, hardly an elite team in the SEC.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
So you're wanting to go into history then? Make sure you wanna go there first before I paste all the stats about tOSU being the best or arguably the #2 program in CFB history outside of Michigan or OU.

Big10 is 95-89 against the SEC (and is the only conf with a winning record vs everyone), if you're wanting to jump down this hole you won't win.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
with the best Oline and RB+dual threat QB tandem in the country
A&M has a better o-line, Qb, and army of running backs.

Also there is no point in flipping out now over what undefeated team is ranked what. Wait until the end of the season, odds are most of the teams will lose a game by then.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A&M's defense is complete dog shit for sure but that offense is so stupid good that they can beat any team in college football. They can also lose to any team with a competent offense. However, their offense is usually better than your entire team.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
No doubt Urban has sparked these guys the last couple weeks, if we still had Jim Tressel I wouldnt argue that tOSU is probably a solid #3 or #4 team with his boring ass offense that he ran. But Urban has been wanting more of a high pace offense and its been working out nice so far, first few games were pretty meh and Cal game took them the first half to get in sync, but then after that they rolled em the 2nd half.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
A&M's defense is complete dog shit for sure but that offense is so stupid good that they can beat any team in college football. They can also lose to any team with a competent offense. However, their offense is usually better than your entire team.
An Oregon A&M BCS game would be fun to watch. Could be the highest scoring game in history.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I'd love to see any combo of Oregon/A&M/Baylor in a bowl game at the end of the year. Hello 4 hour game that is 63-60*