CFB 2013-2014

Miami is a joke...ranked at #11 (which is hilarious in itself, but still) and like 14 fans showed up tonight to see them play at home. Shit fans, a renowned history of thugging...what else do you want in a football program?

Sterling

El Presidente
Alabama letting LSU hang around even with their turnovers. LSU starts with the ball in the 2nd half too I think.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saban will make the adjustments needed to take this one going away at the end.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That stat at the beginning of the game was absolutely nuts. There are 35 players from the 2009 LSU-Bama game that are currently in the NFL, and this year will add another ~10 to that number(guys who were redshirting as freshman that year are Seniors this year)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Every defensive starter for LSU in the 2011 games is already playing in the NFL and has played downs. That doesn't count guys who went in last years draft that are already playing like the Honey Badger. We had 9 defensive players go early last year.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Whew was sweating for a while.

And great win for the 'Horns, inc contract extension for Mack.

Maybe Mack doesn't end up getting fired, lol. Undefeated in conference play going into the last 3 weeks of the season...I dunno! What do those poor Texas fans do if they win the Big 12? I'm guessing he stays unless Saban is standing there ready to sign on the dotted line. Then we could see Texas win the Fiesta Bowl and still fire their coach afterwards.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I still don't know why it didn't work out for the Riverboat Gambler at Auburn. Once he left the program did absolutely nothing on its own, it was the Cam Newton show. The guy can coach.
Well, mostly that involved the administration and Planegate. I never got the impression that he cared about the politics and whatever else is required internally at that level of the game. The AD Jay Jacobs and Bobby Lowder forced him in to resignation. Not to say that Tuberville is innocent. I've heard pretty bad 1st hand accounts of his treatment of recruits and everything. He was extremely well liked on campus though. I remember the marches and protests back then and it was very unifying. No idea what your comment about the program doing nothing on its own means. No program does anything on its own. Tuberville had a 10 year career of some very highs and some very lows, mostly centered around the supporting staff he had. Bobby Petrino, Al Borges, Gene Chizik, Will Muschamp, Gus Malzahn, etc... By the end with the Tony Franklin crap it was a clusterfuck.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hell, Tuberville beat Alabama 6 straight years, you'd think he'd have a statue outside the stadium and a contract for life after that.

It was definitely one of the bigger head-scratchers in coaching change history (right up there with Nebraska firing Frank Solich after a 10-3 season in 2003. They've never had a record that good since)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great game Horns

Loved the throwback helmets we had.
Wish I could have watched it. I was at a wedding. We finally streamed the radio feed for overtime. Great game. Enjoying the addition of WVU to the big 12, lots of exciting games with them.

Fadaar

That guy
UCF should have clear sailing to a BCS game now, Houston was their only real challenge left. That 4th and goal at the end had me nearly poopin' my pants.

darkko_sl

shitlord
On my phone so just gonna post link. Check gif in first post
smile.png
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=12291800