<Gold Donor>
wow it splices together other people's videos into an incoherent mess

"progress"

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
wow it splices together other people's videos into an incoherent mess

"progress"
Some YouTubers and Hollywood directors make a very good living doing that same shit.

You have a miserable fucking disposition most of the time. Let's have sex and stream it on FOH. I want to be a forum hero.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some YouTubers and Hollywood directors make a very good living doing that same shit.

You have a miserable fucking disposition most of the time. Let's have sex and stream it on FOH. I want to be a forum hero.
Not liking a technology isn't misery.

I think this technology has far more likelihood of producing more misery than producing anything that's actually good.

This is just "two decades of overused CGI" cranked up to 11. I'm sick of fake, show me something real.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
someone is going to troll mist at some point with an ai generated video without his/her knowledge and im gonna warf for sure

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
show me something real.
That's gonna be increasingly rare. What % of text produced in the last 12 months was written by a human? I bet it's under 1%, possibly WAY under. Pictures will go the same way soon (and probably less than 1% aren't modified by AI in some way already). Video won't take too much longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's gonna be increasingly rare. What % of text produced in the last 12 months was written by a human? I bet it's under 1%, possibly WAY under. Pictures will go the same way soon (and probably less than 1% aren't modified by AI in some way already). Video won't take too much longer.
Do we want to live in that world? Do we want to devote trillions of dollars of capital to building GPUs and power plants so generate even more fake corpo marketing BS?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do we want to live in that world? Do we want to devote trillions of dollars of capital to building GPUs and power plants so generate even more fake corpo marketing BS?
lol, well, like all the other doomy stuff we discuss on here, we're not going to get much of a choice. Of course, we may get booged into an actual great reset before that happens, so at least there's that. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol, well, like all the other doomy stuff we discuss on here, we're not going to get much of a choice. Of course, we may get booged into an actual great reset before that happens, so at least there's that. :)
Angry Office Space GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Think of the payroll savings though.

View attachment 514949

and a couple AI videos i made

'Eeyore frustrated at computer'

View attachment 514950View attachment 514951
Yes, I'm very worried about the job I had 4 jobs ago based on a number some website pulled out of their ass.

These are all the same job and have wildly different scores. It also says a lower tier job like technician is less impacted by a higher tier role. This thing just makes shit up:

1708187816883.png

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Generative "AI" really shows who is an actual skeptic vs who is super susceptible to bullshit while pretending to be a deep thinker.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Generative "AI" really shows who is an actual skeptic vs who is super susceptible to bullshit while pretending to be a deep thinker.
It's ok to be scared. Did you get promoted to sales or something? You seem to take this whole AI thing pretty personally. Being a mediocre tech who transitioned into sales for a call center would explain that.

Maybe just have fun with it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's ok to be scared. Did you get promoted to sales or something? You seem to take this whole AI thing pretty personally. Being a mediocre tech who transitioned into sales for a call center would explain that.

Maybe just have fun with it.
I guarantee I make more than you.

Last edited:

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Do you have any idea what sales execs and presales architects who sell contact center solutions for F500 companies and/or critical infrastructure make?
How much do you save replacing them?

I imagine it's a lot harder to sell non-AI solutions than it was before. Is your company incorporating AI? I hope so. Has that 'impacted' your job at all?